[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2682 posts
304 upvotes
Mississauga

Getting a phone [with Fido] question

Hi everyone!

Just have a question about getting a new phone on Fido.

I was looking at to getting a new phone [iPhone XR], Fido rep told $0 down and $19.99+ tax per month on top on my plan price on a 24/mth period.

So my question is, if I accepted "offer" after the 24 month period, will my monthly price plan change? or this "finance" is only base on the phone itself and not "attached" to my plan at all and my plan will not get affected after the 24 month period? I am hoping it not affect my monthly plan because I am happy right now with $50 - 15gb as it's in my price range and data usage

thanks,
Chris
Last edited by win-star on Jul 26th, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Feb 29, 2020
236 posts
68 upvotes
So my question to you is what the Fido Rep told you about your current plan?
win-star wrote: ... So my question is, if I accepted "offer" after the 24 month period, will my monthly price plan change? or this "finance" is only base on the phone itself and not "attached" to my plan at all and my plan will not get affected after the 24 month period? I am hoping it not affect my monthly plan because I am happy right now with $50 - 15gb as it's in my price range and data usage ... thanks, Chris
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2682 posts
304 upvotes
Mississauga
DeJesus wrote: So my question to you is what the Fido Rep told you about your current plan?
I was only told, plan would stay the same if I get the phone but I forgot to ask them about what will happen after the 24 month period.

That's why I came "crying" here to ask someone here.

I've not been on "contract" or gotten a phone through a provider since 2006/2007 time and I know things have changed.
Feb 29, 2020
236 posts
68 upvotes
So is your $50.00 / 15GB is a BYOD? Fido Payment Program? Small, Medium, Large, Extra-Large or Extra Extra Large category?

Maybe you should contact Fido or try the handset upgrade online to found out if you can keep your price plan or not...
win-star wrote: I was only told, plan would stay the same if I get the phone but I forgot to ask them about what will happen after the 24 month period.

That's why I came "crying" here to ask someone here.

I've not been on "contract" or gotten a phone through a provider since 2006/2007 time and I know things have changed.
Mar 14, 2013
672 posts
750 upvotes
Toronto
Since it's not a contract your $50 plan will remain the same until fido decides to raise the price on that plan. They have the ability to change your plan anytime they want as there is no contract. What you're agreeing to is paying $19.99 for 24 months for your device and that price CANNOT be changed.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9008 posts
2975 upvotes
Toronto
win-star wrote: Hi everyone!

Just have a question about getting a new phone on Fido.

I was looking at to getting a new phone [iPhone XR], Fido rep told $0 down and $19.99+ tax per month on top on my plan price on a 24/mth period.

So my question is, if I accepted "offer" after the 24 month period, will my monthly price plan change? or this "finance" is only base on the phone itself and not "attached" to my plan at all and my plan will not get affected after the 24 month period? I am hoping it not affect my monthly plan because I am happy right now with $50 - 15gb as it's in my price range and data usage

thanks,
Chris

Based on my Fido experience, your phone deal and your plan are two different services but linked. Buying the phone at $19.99 a month for 24 months commits you to keep at least your existing plan for 24 months. If you move to a more expensive plan, nothing will change. If you move to a lesser plan, there may be consequences.

UPDATE: the clearance phones at the prices quoted don't seem to be available to all customers. Your existing plan appears to qualify you, or not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)