Getting Stressed Before Interview

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 6:11 am
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
104 posts
520 upvotes

Getting Stressed Before Interview

I am about to have my second in-person interview after I graduated from school. This time is a coordinator position with Defence Construction Canada. I personally do not have much experience with the company either working experience. Have anyone had an interview with this company before? If yes, can you share some tips with me or what should I prepare? Thank you so much.
8 replies
Dec 13, 2017
244 posts
156 upvotes
I haven't worked for them but just Relax breathe and realize that they brought you in for a reason, they see something

You are a lion, take what's yours
[OP]
Dec 18, 2018
104 posts
520 upvotes
DontCareyou wrote: I haven't worked for them but just Relax breathe and realize that they brought you in for a reason, they see something

You are a lion, take what's yours
Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9232 posts
4511 upvotes
Markham
That’s ok. Most people are the same
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9351 posts
3047 upvotes
It's perfectly normal no need to fight it. Focus on the task at hand, preparing for the interview...etc and you will be fine. The more interviews you do the better you will get.
Discomfort is your friend
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1089 posts
856 upvotes
People are looking to know more about you, not a modified version of you. Be calm, relaxed and most important YOURSELF. What you are feeling is perfectly normal but for someone who has been on the otherside interviewing 100s if not 1000s so far in my career, my biggest piece of advise to you is be yourself, be honest, be humble but show them tell them why you feel you are a strong candidate.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
197 upvotes
Markham, ON
The stress starts after you get the job. An interview is something to look forward to. You get to talk about you.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2562 posts
761 upvotes
GTA
what i tend to do in interviews, is try to steer the interview into more conversational than transactional. I get super nervous when its question... answer...question.. answer. If you steer towards conversational, question are much easier to answer, and builds a connection between you and the interviewer.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
2432 posts
1202 upvotes
Ottawa
sks8100 wrote: People are looking to know more about you, not a modified version of you. Be calm, relaxed and most important YOURSELF. What you are feeling is perfectly normal but for someone who has been on the otherside interviewing 100s if not 1000s so far in my career, my biggest piece of advise to you is be yourself, be honest, be humble but show them tell them why you feel you are a strong candidate.
Good advice, to a certain point. Remember you are selling yourself so you don't want to say things like you "don't like working in teams" or you are "lazy" etc.