799 posts
90 upvotes

20% off Giant 2019 bikes

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Retailer:
Giant
Just want to let everyone knows Giant is having a 20% off on selected 2019 bikes at their stores, the website price is the regular price, you just take 20% off it. Just got myself a Roam 1 at $1,040 after tax.

Sporting Life is only offering 12%-15% off on Giant bikes, and many models are already out of stock. However Giant still have stock for some of them.
Thread Summary
Check the sale section on the website for your local Giant store (not third party dealer)
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/stores

here's the link for 2 locations, the link above has links to all locations:
Giant Toronto - Sale
Giant Vancouver - Sale
180 replies
Oct 10, 2006
490 posts
539 upvotes
Ottawa
Please, for anyone buying a bike, please also get a good lock (U-lock or metal folding lock) as well! Please lock the bike correctly (see attached photo). Register your bike (with Giant, the lock company, 529 Garage, etc.). There are many stolen bikes in Canada, especially in large cities. Most due to insufficient/incorrect locking (forget any cable lock), many bikes even found couldn't be reunited with the rightful owner (due to not having sufficient proof of ownership, i.e. receipt with serial number and/or one of the mentioned registries). I did go through that once, and not making the same mistake twice.

In term of good lock suggestions and rules how to lock your bike, please also refer to https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/safety-a ... et-ENG.pdf.

If you like this post, please share the info with your friends, family, coworkers via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or whatever way you like. The more people aware, the less opportunities for those bike thieves. Person With Folded Hands

Happy biking everyone Smiling Face With Smiling EyesBicyclist! #bikethievessuck #endbiketheft
Images
  • Screenshot_20190706-191423_3.jpg
Last edited by Sweety on Sep 5th, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Nov 1, 2015
560 posts
391 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I've had 4 bikes stolen. All bikes were retrieved by VPD within 24 hours as I was registered with the City of NVan and 529 Garage. Kryptonite also replaced my lock as it failed in one situation (only ever had u-locks)
Can't agree enough with the poster above.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2683 posts
432 upvotes
Ottawa
The Giant store also offered me an extra 5% if I paid cash. This was for a Defy Advanced Pro 1, not sure if they this type of discount for all bikes.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2961 posts
1608 upvotes
Toronto
BBQPEANUT wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 12:54 pm
I've had 4 bikes stolen. All bikes were retrieved by VPD within 24 hours as I was registered with the City of NVan and 529 Garage. Kryptonite also replaced my lock as it failed in one situation (only ever had u-locks)
Can't agree enough with the poster above.
That is impressive. The TPS could give two shits about retrieving bikes here.
Mar 22, 2004
290 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
So you have to go to a retailer to see which 2019 bikes are on sale? Or is it all 2019 bikes?
Nov 13, 2011
596 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not really hot, you could always get these sorts of discounts at end of season.. Some shops for other brands like Specialized/Trek can go to 30-40% off depending on size as well..
Jul 31, 2012
116 posts
130 upvotes
Sweety wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 12:47 pm
Please, for anyone buying a bike, please also get a good lock (U-lock or metal folding lock) as well! Please lock the bike correctly (see attached photo). Register your bike (with Giant, the lock company, 529 Garage, etc.). There are many stolen bikes in Canada, especially in large cities. Most due to insufficient locking (forget any cable lock), many bikes even found couldn't be reunited with the rightful owner (due to not having sufficient proof of ownership, i.e. receipt with serial number and/or one of the mentioned registries). I did go through that once, and not making the same mistake twice. Happy biking everyone Smiling Face With Smiling EyesBicyclist! #bikethievessuck #endbiketheft
It blows my mind how new bicycle owners lock their bikes up with a simple cable lock. Those are the easiest to cut through.
ERROR
You cannot vote on your own post.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10367 posts
1167 upvotes
Vancouver
What are the details and fine print?

Any bike? Where is 20% posted?

Thanks
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10367 posts
1167 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m confused. Besides not having Giant bikes will chain reaction ship bikes to Canada? Must be huge takes, fees etc making it hardly worthwhile.
Feb 10, 2003
972 posts
545 upvotes
Calgary
martin_nv wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 1:33 pm
So you have to go to a retailer to see which 2019 bikes are on sale? Or is it all 2019 bikes?
trellaine201 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2019 1:44 pm
What are the details and fine print?
Any bike? Where is 20% posted?
Thanks
Check the sale section on the website for your local Giant store (not third party dealer)
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/stores

here's the link for 2 locations:
Giant Toronto - Sale
Giant Vancouver - Sale
Apr 29, 2015
131 posts
103 upvotes
Kanata, ON
20% is a good discount. You should be able to get something similar at your local bike shop (along with good advice and service) - no one should be paying MSRP for "last year's bikes" at this time of year. The 2020s have been announced for most brands.