Shopping Discussion

Which Giant Retailer Are You Most Satisfied With

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2007 2:51 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Which Giant Retailer Are You Most Satisfied With

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Oct 26, 2005
405 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto

Which Giant Retailer Are You Most Satisfied With

In terms of price, customer service and return policy.

Surprisingly for me, it's Walmart.

Eversince they implemented self checkout and added grocery items, I do almost all my shopping there. Their only weakness is that they lack knowledgeable staff for the merchandise they sell. Guess that's one of the factors helping them keep prices down.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
esoxlee wrote: In terms of price, customer service and return policy.

Eversince they implemented self check and added grocery items, I do almost all my shopping.
the only thing i hate about wal mart is the long lines, and the crowds of immigrants, who feel the need to bring their entire extended family shopping with them
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
Sears no question.

Sears has the best customer service and return policy. If you have a reasonable explanation you will usually get an exchange or store credit even way after the 30 days are up. They actually try to stick to their "satisfaction guaranteed" policy.

Also the associates are helpful and knowledgeable.

And if you go on Saturday morning there are usually crazy hot deals in mens clothing :)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes

Eversince they implemented self check and added grocery items, I do almost all my shopping.
for me its home depot.....they usually stick by their policies, without any hassle..and their price mathching is pretty easy as opposed to alot of other stores
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Dec 9, 2006
844 posts
2 upvotes
I was going to say Sears, but I hate the fact that almost everything is on permenant sale (meaning I feel ripped off if I buy stuff that isn't on sale). I'd go with Canadian tire: they don't have most of the stuff I want, there prices are usually bad, but...

Err. Scratch that. Costco.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes
anycee wrote: I was going to say Sears, but I hate the fact that almost everything is on permenant sale (meaning I feel ripped off if I buy stuff that isn't on sale). I'd go with Canadian tire: they don't have most of the stuff I want, there prices are usually bad, but...

Err. Scratch that. Costco.
lol ya bad prices and not having what i want make them my fave aswell
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2797 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I would go with Costco but its not up there so I picked Wal-Mart
Oct 26, 2005
405 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Phr3sh wrote: I would go with Costco but its not up there so I picked Wal-Mart

Sorry, forgot to list them. That said, I don't find their prices that great.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes

Eversince they implemented self checkout and added grocery items, I do almost all my shopping there. Their only weakness is that they lack knowledgeable staff for the merchandise they sell. Guess that's one of the factors helping them keep prices down.
do you reall expect a 15 year old kid, or a FOB, to know everything about every product that they sell?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4374 posts
210 upvotes
Can't really say one is better than the others.

My top 3 are The Bay, Futureshop, and Costco. Service, price, and atmosphere are the most important things to me.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
Red_Army wrote: for me its home depot.....they usually stick by their policies, without any hassle..and their price mathching is pretty easy as opposed to alot of other stores
Too bad all the people who work there are tools, and nowhere near as useful as the tools on the shelves!
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
Red_Army wrote: do you reall expect a 15 year old kid, or a FOB, to know everything about every product that they sell?
Well then maybe they shouldn't be iring 15 year old kids????

Another reason I like Sears - most of the CSRs are at least in their late twenties and have a clue about the products they're selling. Usually they've been working there in that dept. for years - it isn't some part time college job.

Sure, some Sears prices are higher everyday, but if you go on Sat. or Sun. there are great bargains to be had if you look. Besides I would pay a few % more to not have to deal with the Walmart madness any way.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4374 posts
210 upvotes
brunes wrote: Well then maybe they shouldn't be iring 15 year old kids????

Another reason I like Sears - most of the CSRs are at least in their late twenties and have a clue about the products they're selling. Usually they've been working there in that dept. for years - it isn't some part time college job.

Sure, some Sears prices are higher everyday, but if you go on Sat. or Sun. there are great bargains to be had if you look. Besides I would pay a few % more to not have to deal with the Walmart madness any way.
I honestly don't even remember the last time I walked into a Sears.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2884 posts
33 upvotes

Kinda hard to get different kind of staff, seeing as everyone thinks they are above minimum wage retail.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2005
1691 posts
3 upvotes
brunes wrote: Too bad all the people who work there are tools, and nowhere near as useful as the tools on the shelves!
+1, was there the other day looking for some bricks/stones but didn't know where in the store it was. I walk to to an employee to ask him. "Excuse me..." and he cuts me off "IM OFF THE CLOCK ASK SOMEONE ELSE" that just pissed me off, first of all remove your orange apron if you're off the clock and second , was the attitude really neccessary?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4763 posts
2462 upvotes

well maybe only 15 year old kids are willing to work for minimum wage

and how do you think they keep their prices so low??

i never expect anyone in retail to know extensive info about a product....id rather do my own research
Aug 29, 2007
860 posts
62 upvotes
I can say FS ****ks big time.
Now Costco will be my first one but its not on the list.
Ill pick walmart, they have good prices on almost everything, unbeatable.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213928 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

FutureShop <-- OK except if you're PM...
Best Buy <-- same reason as FS...
Canadian Tire <-- Don't like them...
Home Depot <-- Ok...
Walmart <-- Early in the morning, good, during hell on Earth, no...
Zellers <-- Points programs sucks...
Sears <-- Don't buy a Kenmore if I was you...

By the way, what about TRU? :p

Ju Leon...
Banned
Sep 2, 2006
5645 posts
3 upvotes
yeah i love walmart
ItemFinder wrote: Let me point out that the only people that like China are the mainlanders. Chinese from elsewhere refuse to be associated with China.
I always knew you were a genius.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)