Expired Hot Deals

[Giant Tiger] Butcher's Selection Stampede ribs 680 g $4.99 (LIMIT OF 4)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 6:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3122 posts
5427 upvotes
Laval

[Giant Tiger] Butcher's Selection Stampede ribs 680 g $4.99 (LIMIT OF 4)

CAN SOME ONE COMMENT/REVIEW ON THE TASTE AND QUALITY OF THESE RIBS

Butcher's Selection Stampede ribs

11 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1298 posts
776 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Any good? I bought the worst bacon of my life at GT....
Feb 16, 2017
42 posts
46 upvotes
New Brunswick
I tried these once. They were very fatty and a bit mushy. Definitely not quality food but it's you cheap or broke and just want ribs they will do.
Feb 16, 2017
42 posts
46 upvotes
New Brunswick
RougeJeff wrote: Any good? I bought the worst bacon of my life at GT....
They are not great at all but unless you want to prepare your own that's what you'll get. I tried GT "fresh patties" they didn't the taste, texture or consistency of ground beef. PC seems to have the best over all quality bacon and when it goes on sale I stock up and freeze it.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11690 posts
17675 upvotes
Ah the famous “ Butchers Choice “ Where each slice is butchered from mystery meat from god knows where.

The ribs are better .... at least it’s pork ... I think
Jun 7, 2006
236 posts
49 upvotes
giant tiger is a let down anything meat related... IMO
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1021 posts
281 upvotes
Vancouver
Actual ribs can be found on special all the time, and really aren't that much more difficult to cook than the pre-cooked frozen kind.

Yes they take longer, but the process is very simple. Throw on some seasoning. Slow cook them in the oven for 4-5 hours. Apply BBQ sauce once or twice. If you want to crisp them up, throw on the BBQ afterwards for 1-2 minutes per side. It's really not all that much work and you get actual high quality ribs. The meat itself goes on sale for $3-5/lbs all the time and keeps well in the freezer. It's literally only about 2 minutes more work than pulling these ribs out of all the packaging.
May 6, 2005
451 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a couple of these back in April. I was satisfied with the quality and taste.
Of course they are no match to home prepared and grilled ribs, but for a $5 it is a good stuff.
Way better than Swiss Chalet packaged ribs I got from Metro or Costco.

These are prepared by Quality European Meats and Sausages. Remember their first store on Kensington Market?

Don't confuse them with 2 other brands GT carry. The Northern Grill which were on sale few weeks ago are pretty bad.
Jun 12, 2007
731 posts
356 upvotes
Like others have said, I'd rather just buy uncooked ribs for 3-4$/lb from a grocery store.
Oven for 2-2.5 hrs at 300. Throw some bbq sauce on em and broil or bbq for the last 5 mins.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12906 posts
3394 upvotes
RFD
These are more fatty than the other brands I typically buy, less meat on them. I guess lower quality.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26937 posts
7247 upvotes
RougeJeff wrote: Any good? I bought the worst bacon of my life at GT....
jpistone wrote: giant tiger is a let down anything meat related... IMO
Yeah I'm gonna agree here. I got some "buttermilk chicken tenders" there which I thought would be great buttt...they're not so great. Perhaps the fully-cooked aspect should have been the tip off but still there's a few Tyson fully-cooked chicken products in the US that, while perhaps not spectacular, are pretty good.
Dec 14, 2013
89 posts
99 upvotes
AJAX
I'm never buying these boxed ribs again because everytime I do, the sauce pack has such an obscene amount in it that it's obvious their using it to supplement the weight big time.