Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com

delete

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2023 7:29 am
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2323 posts
2840 upvotes
Ottawa
westnylefx wrote: only 18$ for 2kg of costco bacon? i should look for that more often wow
Depends on your city. Seems most of Ontario is at $20 but maybe because I'm near Quebec they compete with that area. And it's damn fine bacon.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3737 upvotes
Montreal
WhoTheHellCares wrote: What happened to a good ole' pound (454g) of bacon? All these crazy sizes are designed to confuse and give you less for more money.
Pork prices spiked back in 2014 and most brands switched from 454/500g to 375g at the same price. Now man of the brands carry both sizes and label the bigger pack as "family size".

For consistency and price, Kirkland bacon at Costco is my go-to, especially now that it's back down around $20.
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
348 upvotes
The PC Thick Cut Old Fashioned Bacon can't be beat in my opinion - 1KG and it goes on sale for $9.99 at times
Apr 24, 2004
15 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
doesreally wrote:
I upvoted, but it's still not 454g :P
aidendanger wrote: You got me there, but I'll be glad to take the 6g out of all packages and fix that for free.
And I'll take the other 40g out for free after aidendanger takes their 6g. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Oct 31, 2018
56 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
topshot wrote: The PC Thick Cut Old Fashioned Bacon can't be beat in my opinion - 1KG and it goes on sale for $9.99 at times
I haven't seen this for over 3 years now. Where are you finding this deal!?!
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
My favorite deal is when the Almost Perfect in town has Bob's bacon on 3 pack for $5.

I stock up when I see it.
Oct 2, 2011
611 posts
600 upvotes
London
The carver seems to make awful choices, but I'll bake up the 3/4 lb at 400f then chop it up and keep it in the fridge.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
I don't know why this has more upvotes. Carver is the worst bacon. I got fooled buying a couple of packs and the fatty stuff was hidden inside the packaging. It was probably 90% fat instead of bacon.
Jun 27, 2017
261 posts
348 upvotes
Muchin wrote: I haven't seen this for over 3 years now. Where are you finding this deal!?!
I had it in PC Optimum app at that price
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1298 posts
258 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: I don't know why this has more upvotes. Carver is the worst bacon. I got fooled buying a couple of packs and the fatty stuff was hidden inside the packaging. It was probably 90% fat instead of bacon.
This + taste is not good
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
FiNaL WaR wrote: This + taste is not good
When the product is 90+% fat, then the taste is terrible, unless the person somehow likes the taste of fat, in that case it's a good deal for them. I don't think Carvers is worth 99 cents.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3867 upvotes
Nowhere
radeonboy wrote: I don't know why this has more upvotes. Carver is the worst bacon. I got fooled buying a couple of packs and the fatty stuff was hidden inside the packaging. It was probably 90% fat instead of bacon.
Came here to say the exact same thing although I only bought one package. I ended up throwing it out and there was nothing edible. It was the worst "bacon" I had ever bought. I picked through them to find a package that I thought was good. Save your money and pass on this garbage.
Aug 7, 2017
518 posts
795 upvotes
topshot wrote: The PC Thick Cut Old Fashioned Bacon can't be beat in my opinion - 1KG and it goes on sale for $9.99 at times
Agreed, closer to the proper bacon you get in Europe instead of the mostly fat "Canadian bacon" that they would call "streaky bacon". This is our family goto.

Haven't seen it anywhere near $9.99 for months though - price has been going up dramatically - currently $17.99 at Loblaws! Quality has also become a bit suspect - poorly cut and fattier pieces hidden towards the back. Pack size is the same but value has definitely reduced, for more money!
Last edited by bya1998 on Jan 25th, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 16, 2017
414 posts
655 upvotes
New Brunswick
PC and No Name bacon are 500g
May 19, 2017
442 posts
747 upvotes
KW
The brand name here is ironic right? Like naming a big tall guy Tiny, or a bald guy Curly...
Jun 21, 2019
228 posts
270 upvotes
Freddy Kruegers choice of bacon. Man this stuff looks like dog food.
Nov 22, 2022
105 posts
179 upvotes
Just buy / collect / eat lard, lol

Cheap bacon is cheap for a reason. I haven't had bacon for almost 10 years now, partly due to health concern but more because of the price (not something I seriously want to spend $$$ for)

This really is not the choice of bacon if you're a bacon lover. If you are like me, there's no reason to buy this either.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)