Hot Deals

[Giant Tiger] Funatic Inflatable Family Pool - 10ft. - $29.99 - FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2020 2:35 pm
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
172 posts
200 upvotes
Wait...are people really buying solar blankets and leaf covers for this $20 "pool"...if that's what we can call it?

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH

amazing.
Feb 29, 2016
221 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
So I bought one such pool for my 20 month old. Was all happy and excited when it arrived.

However, the water is fcuking cold and I am not comfortable with my kid going into it.

Any suggestions on how I can heat the water in the pool?
Dec 30, 2013
234 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
rohan1985 wrote: So I bought one such pool for my 20 month old. Was all happy and excited when it arrived.

However, the water is fcuking cold and I am not comfortable with my kid going into it.

Lol, boil couple pot of water, that's what I did...
Feb 29, 2016
221 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga
AkaTdog wrote: Lol, boil couple pot of water, that's what I did...
Put in 5/6 buckets of hot water from the kitchen but it is still so cold.
Aug 29, 2004
97 posts
84 upvotes
rohan1985 wrote: Put in 5/6 buckets of hot water from the kitchen but it is still so cold.
Don't fill the pool completely. Start low, let your kid splash in it, let the sun warm it, add another 2-3 minutes of hose water the next day. Slowly build up the temperature.
Dec 30, 2006
189 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
rohan1985 wrote: So I bought one such pool for my 20 month old. Was all happy and excited when it arrived.

Have you tried sous-vide to warm it up, like the Anova?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1759 posts
1442 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fakejordan wrote: Have you tried sous-vide to warm it up, like the Anova?
I might try it with my friend in there, with some vegetables.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1302 posts
541 upvotes

I bought a solid brass "Y" splitter for a garden hose. I installed it at the hot water supply in my laundry room and run a hose. About $23 at home depot in the garden centre.

I turn off the hot water supply at the laundry when not in use now - just in case.
Aug 31, 2009
143 posts
70 upvotes
toronto
bought one a few days ago. a friend wanted to get one too.. looks like they're sold out
Jan 6, 2011
119 posts
187 upvotes
toronto
Lavafinder24 wrote: Wait...are people really buying solar blankets and leaf covers for this $20 "pool"...if that's what we can call it?

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH

amazing.
Yes, to blow your mind a little more, I even got chlorine tabs and a floating dispenser. :)
Nov 22, 2016
393 posts
169 upvotes
ok, have this pool and loving it. But, we find ourselves dumping the water and refilling every two to three days as the kids make it messy...they are young and sometimes pee in the pool. Would the chlorine tabs extend the water life of this or no...just dump and refill every two days?

TIA

Also, my wife and I died laughing at the Sous Vide suggestion for heating the pool...as I do love my Sous VIde!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2370 posts
1578 upvotes
North York
ch00chmuld00n wrote: ok, have this pool and loving it. But, we find ourselves dumping the water and refilling every two to three days as the kids make it messy...they are young and sometimes pee in the pool. Would the chlorine tabs extend the water life of this or no...just dump and refill every two days?

TIA

Also, my wife and I died laughing at the Sous Vide suggestion for heating the pool...as I do love my Sous VIde!
Get some Chlorine dispenser and chlorine tablets. Also get a cover for it as well. You still have to do maintenance like a regular pool.

Something like these:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002M4 ... EEQB&psc=1
hhttps://www.amazon.ca/Pool-Cleaning-Tablet-100- ... 109&sr=8-8
Last edited by KiraSensei on Jun 13th, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.