Expired Hot Deals

[Giant Tiger] Haagen Dazs $3.33 Feb 6-12 (East coast only?)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 10:32 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7877 posts
3067 upvotes
East York
SuperNaut wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 11:19 pm
I make milkshakes from each tub, hoping to price match at Walmart.
that's some expensive milkshake
Dec 24, 2018
16 posts
50 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MockingJayTM wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 1:04 pm
Got 3. Very good price if you cannot / are lazy to make ice cream.
How is the matcha flavour? I’ve been wanting to try it but I’m kinda holding back as I’m picky with my matcha flavour. Is it the same as Asian buffet green tea ice cream or more like Tsujiri? Thanks! :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20095 posts
6227 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 8:17 pm
Without milk fat then it'd have the texture of a popsicle.
I never said they completely removed it, but it wouldn't shock me if they're using a lower percentage fat cream.

Ironically, gelato (in general, not theirs, I haven't tried theirs) feels richer to me and that basically IS ice milk but with little overrun.
HD is as good as anything "homemade".
I'm still not a fan to be honest.
I doubt your home compressor machine can get as cold as the industrial freezers HD uses. The faster you freeze, the smaller the ice crystals and thus smoother ice cream.
High speed churns also affect texture.
But it's not smoothness that gets me (they're plenty smooth) it's the richness.
Even though there's cream in it, it (mouth) feels like ice milk almost.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20095 posts
6227 upvotes
cdniron wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:22 am
I tried it, would not buy it again.....
Strangely this is one I actually liked because the lightness of the ice cream works better with Matcha than it does for example Vanilla.
Mar 12, 2018
116 posts
111 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:58 am
I never said they completely removed it, but it wouldn't shock me if they're using a lower percentage fat cream.
It'd shock me. I think they'd be more likely to downsize like they've done with the Spirits line (475ml vs 500ml) or like they've done in the US than they would be to mess with their recipe. They even had the perfect opportunity to use way less milk fat when they introduced their "gelatos", yet they didn't... the Canadian ones are actually higher in MF than their American gelatos.
Sep 2, 2013
28 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
Paroxetine wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:33 pm
Who eats ice cream in this weather!
lol, ice cream is ate year round bud. Literally was at Demetri's Desert Cafe yesterday to eat a nice honey vanilla ice cream crepe with strawberries.
Feb 1, 2018
79 posts
40 upvotes
MainRadiance wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:24 pm
How is the matcha flavour? I’ve been wanting to try it but I’m kinda holding back as I’m picky with my matcha flavour. Is it the same as Asian buffet green tea ice cream or more like Tsujiri? Thanks! :)
Definitively not the one in Asian Buffet because they use cheap type b green tea ice cream and you feel the fat when melted. Tsujiri is premium ice cream and Haagen is between both. However, it has 0.5g trans fat / half cup which I wont buy back.

If you want something affordable, Haagen at 3.33 is very cheap. My brother even told me get him some and he is very very picky in food.
Dec 23, 2018
33 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I always see Haagen Dazs on sale at Sobey's Spadina and Bremner outlet. They are almost always for around 4.99 (I get their choc bars 4-6 pack) or something. Ben & Jerry's too, but this B&J pops up on discount at SDM more.
Apr 2, 2008
377 posts
76 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:36 pm
If its Haagen Das I would eat. It is sooooo much better than "frozen desert". Haagen Das renewed my love for ice cream last year. I didn't realize how good it really was, until I bought another tub of ice cream and ate from both.
Try Magnum ice cream and you will never go back to Haagen Das. I got a bunch of Haagen @ sale price @ costco and my kids refused them after 1 bite.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1803 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
Got this at Food Basics (Bayview / John location) yesterday for 3.99. They also have the non dairy and spirit stuff.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Feb 1, 2018
79 posts
40 upvotes
bluewish wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 5:32 am
Try Magnum ice cream and you will never go back to Haagen Das.
Magnum is chocolate, vanilla, caramel... They don't have other great flavor unfortunately.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7941 posts
2321 upvotes
Toronto
bluewish wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 5:32 am
Try Magnum ice cream and you will never go back to Haagen Das. I got a bunch of Haagen @ sale price @ costco and my kids refused them after 1 bite.
Mangum is full of crap:
Milk, Cream, Sugar, Whey, Mono And Diglycerides, Locust Bean Gum, Vanilla Bean Specks, Carrageenan, Natural Flavor, Caramel Color, Annatto Extract (Color). Belgian Milk Chocolate Coating: Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Milk, Milk Fat, PGPR(Emulsifier), Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Natural Flavor
unfortunately folks are so used to garbage being passed off the real thing their taste buds have been so screwed up that they prefer the crap over the good stuff. it's why you see long line-ups at Tim's everyday...mmm let's have a spongy franken chicken sandwich and a dense donut made from frozen dough today.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2200 posts
721 upvotes
Paroxetine wrote:
Considering the dates for the deal, I'd say lonely people on Valentine's Day, that's who. They also pair it, with lots of alcohol, a B-class romance movie (on W network) and tissue paper, for crying. You know who you are. LOL.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Dec 14, 2008
665 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Paroxetine wrote:
People with homes.