Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Giant Tiger

Iceberg Lettuce $1.97

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2022 8:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10771 posts
2849 upvotes
Nowhere

[Giant Tiger] Iceberg Lettuce $1.97

I never thought I would be posting a hot deal for iceberg lettuce, let alone for this price, but given the current price of lettuce due to shortage and inflation, this is a really hot deal to me for $1.97 at Giant Tiger. It is on the front page of their flyer which runs from Dec. 7 - 13.

I haven't had lettuce for months because I refuse to pay $4.99 for what usually look like old crappy heads of lettuce because I guess I'm not the only one who won't buy it. As I type, I'm eating home made tacos with no lettuce, which just aren't the same. So if you've been missing lettuce like I have, enjoy. Hopefully prices will stay down but we've already been told to expect groceries prices to continue to rise in the new year.
100 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1704 posts
888 upvotes
Man.... Everytime someone types inflation on rfd from now on, it should change to a link to this thread.
Buy now
Sep 30, 2012
74 posts
278 upvotes
canada
A little depressing that $2 iceberg is a deal, but it is. I haven't bought iceberg since the price skyrocketed for essentially crisp water.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16933 posts
33253 upvotes
Scarborough
Cheap Cat wrote: I haven't had lettuce for months because I refuse to pay $4.99
Same! Looks like salad's back on the menu this week. :lol:
RFD Staff - Currently AFK; PM CarrieRFD your RFD related questions
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Nov 19, 2018
142 posts
264 upvotes
i gave up lettuce years ago, but seeing <$5 heads of lettuce sounds like a deal.

looks like its off to the $hitty Kitty to save!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2310 posts
1358 upvotes
Home
Can you flip these for $4 each on FB Face With Stuck-out Tongue. Backup up the truck!
May 24, 2020
95 posts
193 upvotes
Thanks op this is a sadly hot deal. If I’m near gt I may get to eat a salad again 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1375 posts
2742 upvotes
Decent deal on Kicking Horse coffee there this week too @ $8.97/ bag (Not sure what the bag size is though) if you want more of an incentive to stop there than just to pick up some IB lettuce.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1138 posts
1738 upvotes
johnRFD wrote: A little depressing that $2 iceberg is a deal, but it is. I haven't bought iceberg since the price skyrocketed for essentially crisp water.
Yep, iceberg lettuce is one of the biggest wastes of farmland. Romain and those other dandelion mixes are the way to go.
fizz1234 wrote: Man.... Everytime someone types inflation on rfd from now on, it should change to a link to this thread.
It isn't to do with inflation so much as it is the California crop getting wiped out.
Nov 22, 2022
69 posts
131 upvotes
Iceburg lettuce used to be 99c every other week back then. So often it wasn't even a deal.

No I don't have a time machine. It sucks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7552 posts
8319 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
podric wrote: Yep, iceberg lettuce is one of the biggest wastes of farmland. Romain and those other dandelion mixes are the way to go.

It isn't to do with inflation so much as it is the California crop getting wiped out.
Romaine sucks too!
Aug 22, 2019
278 posts
224 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
The deals we neeeeed! Thank you!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4910 posts
3111 upvotes
Milton, ON.
When in short supply and prices just plain stupid, everyone LOVES lettuce all of a sudden and the outcries are loud.
When the lettuce goes back to normal, everyone once again will think that eating salads is a waste of time and yuck.
Nov 25, 2003
162 posts
102 upvotes
Barrie
Just an FYI, I bought an iceberg lettuce from Giant Tiger (Barrie ON) a few weeks ago and it was tiny, however YMMV.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7908 posts
3518 upvotes
Finally got some cheapish romaine at highland farms last week...$2.99 and some of them were bundled as 2 heads. I missed Caesar salad so much.

Looks like prices are coming down since a few places have 3 packs of romaine hearts for $3.99 next week.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4340 posts
1733 upvotes
None in Greenfield Park, QC

but priced matched next door at Maxi. Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1677 posts
4923 upvotes
Montreal
This thread made me think how earlier in the year Dr. Oetker - Ristorante Pizza were 2.99$ on sale and this was normal and has no supply issues.
This week when it was at this price the freezers were emptied out with just a few flavours left over and a sign telling customers the limit was 6.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10771 posts
2849 upvotes
Nowhere
def47 wrote: None in Greenfield Park, QC

but priced matched next door at Maxi. Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Don't forget Giant Tiger offers rainchecks. The best situation is for them to be out of stock, if you are able to PM somewhere else as you did, then get the raincheck to buy more in the next 4 weeks when it's not on sale. Rainchecks are only good for 4 weeks.