Expired Hot Deals

[Giant Tiger] Schneiders Chicken wings, 790g, $4.97 hot or NOT? reg $6.97. Limit 4

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2018 5:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2004
1350 posts
361 upvotes
Greater Saskatchewan…

[Giant Tiger] Schneiders Chicken wings, 790g, $4.97 hot or NOT? reg $6.97. Limit 4

Giant Tiger has Schneiders Chicken wings, 790g, $4.97, Jan 31 to Feb 6/18. Is it hot or NOT?

Looking for feedback. Does the box contain all wings or does it include a large amount of frozen sauce (ala Maple Leaf chicken wings where the 800g box contains 4 huge packets of sauce)?? see http://forums.redflagdeals.com/walmart- ... #p28885098

:arrow: Literally by doing nothing at home, you can save lives during the Covid-19 Crisis.
:arrow: Keep physically distant but socially connected.
:arrow: Sask distracted driving - the old fashion way - with alcohol and MJ.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1480 posts
534 upvotes
Vancouver
i bought schneiders once a long time ago on sale .. thought 'hey, great name brand'...never again, they were terrible.

I remember someone else complaining about them in a thread more recently and i just recommended making them when you and your friends are drunk, just to get rid of them.

take it with a grain of salt, i ate them probably 7 yrs ago, lots could have changed. but that other complaint from an internet stranger was like a year or two ago.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8115 posts
1776 upvotes
They're ok. CAn't complain for $5 though
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2240 posts
2234 upvotes
Just keep in mind that each 790g box has barely over 1 pound of wings and two bags of frozen sauce. Buy twice as many boxes as you think you need...
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3565 posts
1681 upvotes
Ontario
They do tend to be rather fatty in comparison to some other.

Giant Tiger has this kind of sale on a regular basis.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2737 posts
316 upvotes
No Frills has them too. I found these to be really low quality which is probably why I often see them on sale and still always stocked full.
BlackJays wrote: shame has been acheived
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9612 posts
1861 upvotes
Toronto
The food roll wings on the front page tastes better but is battered and fried and in that 1 pound comes a sauce packet as well.
I buy the 1Kg bags at Freshco for $10 and comes with two sauces.
A barbecue and a teriyaki flavour.
Both sauces from Food roll taste better than others I've tried.
The Schneider looks a better deal for a dollar more being 790 grams.
It does come with sauce too and the wings are not battered and fried but it does not taste all that great.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20713 posts
7773 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Echoing the replies above its worth the price but not much more. Years ago you could get this for $3-4 at no frills, once even $2 a box! I used to buy a bunch when they went on this good a deal, not because they are amazing but the price per pound was exceptional and they were acceptable tasting.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2149 posts
1024 upvotes
Ontario
Chicken wings are getting so expensive it is just ridiculous, hence some people feel $5 is a great deal for a box of sub par wings from Schneiders. I would rather add $3 and get a whole chicken from Costco, but to each his own, I suppose.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1288 posts
202 upvotes
Terrible, waterlogged wings. I’m really surprised to see Schneiders putting out this level of product. Spend the extra bucks for Pinty’s, PC, or virtually any other brand. Or buy fresh and make your own seasoning and sauce for cheaper, better and not much more work.
Jul 30, 2016
24 posts
94 upvotes
I bought these at No Frills last year. They were absolutely vile. You'd think "you can't go wrong for $5" . These wings are wrong.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20776 posts
8992 upvotes
Toronto
Too much sauce, not enough protein. Bought it once, never again.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2266 posts
2065 upvotes
Maple leaf Chicken wings. 750-840 grams are $3.97 at Walmart. Much better deal.

-Hot bbq
-Bbq
-Honey garlic.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3780 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto
The Prime wings that go on sale at Sobeys are the only frozen chicken wings worth buying in my opinion. Tried them all.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2323 posts
2011 upvotes
Mississauga
They’re pretty bad. Sure they’re cheap, but if you don’t care about the quality and flavor of your food, you can find a cheaper meal. If you want wings, spend the $11 and get a 907g box of actually good wings from M&Ms. Pintys were also on sale at Costco last week, $13.99 for 1.75 kg.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1314 posts
546 upvotes
Barrie
CoolDudeClan wrote: The Prime wings that go on sale at Sobeys are the only frozen chicken wings worth buying in my opinion. Tried them all.
I would agree with this as well if you are looking for frozen wings. The schnediers wings are pretty tiny and not that filling.

Pintys wings are probably a step above the prime wings as well but are generally double the price.
Nov 17, 2013
952 posts
175 upvotes
WINNIPEG
How do you all make your wings? Anyone use an air fryer like the tfal ones? Getting tired of heating up the main oven for one pan of small wings. Heard the air fryers get you good crispy resturant results with very little oil use.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
Note that about 250 grams of the package is the sauce which is worth maybe 10 cents
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2748 posts
1393 upvotes
B.C.
vrredflag wrote: How do you all make your wings? Anyone use an air fryer like the tfal ones? Getting tired of heating up the main oven for one pan of small wings. Heard the air fryers get you good crispy resturant results with very little oil use.
I use my Phillips air fryer with frozen wings and it's delicious. Same with mozzarella sticks!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10290 posts
2884 upvotes
the bbq ones were not good, personally the best boxed wings are M and M meatshop.