Hot Deals

Giant Tiger

Tennessee Offset Smoker & BBQ $50 or Round Smoker & Gril $44 F/S to store.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2021 10:43 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2008
425 posts
426 upvotes

[Giant Tiger] Tennessee Offset Smoker & BBQ $50 or Round Smoker & Gril $44 F/S to store.

If you've been wanting to try a smoker but didn't want the initial sticker shock (like me) I think I've stumbled upon the deal for you.

Giant Tiger has the Tennessee Smoker & BBQ on for $50 with free shipping to one of their stores.

They also have the Round Smoker & Grill on for $44 LINK

I know these won't be the best quality and might not lead to the best experience but it's cheap enough for me to give it a try.

There are a few videos on YT with "pit masters" buying cheap units like this and making surprisingly amazing food (their words).

Also this particular unit gets 4.5/5 stars on WayFair LINK

Hope this helps someone out, happy cooking!
Last edited by Omnicron204 on Sep 17th, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Upgrading the backyard setup? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best smoker grills!
120 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1130 posts
2467 upvotes
57$ tax in shipped for the round model, always wanted to try a smoker, gonna try that cheap one and see if I like it before getting something big! Thanks op
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 3, 2008
425 posts
426 upvotes
No worries at all. From everything I see the real challenge with these smaller cheaper units is fire management. If you can get it right these units work well (not sure about durability though). Hope it works out for you, enjoy!
InvaIid wrote: 57$ tax in shipped for the round model, always wanted to try a smoker, gonna try that cheap one and see if I like it before getting something big! Thanks op
Dec 24, 2017
850 posts
1850 upvotes
lel
InvaIid wrote: 57$ tax in shipped for the round model, always wanted to try a smoker, gonna try that cheap one and see if I like it before getting something big! Thanks op
Link to the round model?
Koodo $45 - 4GB +1GB bonus (retention deal). S9 for $360-150 GC
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Feb 20, 2021
62 posts
76 upvotes
Thanks for the Share OP! At this price, its worth me giving it a shot! I really want to get a BBQ that'll use wood pellets or coals so I can try to make PIZZA!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2587 posts
2851 upvotes
Toronto
Home delivery in GTA is $5.98. Might be worth it to avoid the drive & store pickup.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5341 posts
1729 upvotes
Wow crazy price and great to learn on
What's the regular price on this thing though?
Feb 20, 2019
251 posts
91 upvotes
which one is better round or Tennessee smoker. always wanted a smoker.
Feb 20, 2019
251 posts
91 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote: Wow crazy price and great to learn on
What's the regular price on this thing though?
Looks like $129
Images
  • smoker.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5341 posts
1729 upvotes
mapleleaf6 wrote: which one is better round or Tennessee smoker. always wanted a smoker.
I started out with a round smoker. Its good but the little door makes everything harder to access - fire and food, and the water dish.
With the fire, you only have that little door to poke at the coals and its hard to get it evenly spread. Still, its worked out great, learned a lot, and ready to progress.
Its probably more efficient though, since the heat rises directly up.

I'm thinking of trying the offset now.
fwiw, most of the hardcore $1000 smokers are mostly offset style, not barrel style. That probably tells you something
Feb 20, 2019
251 posts
91 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote: I started out with a round smoker. Its good but the little door makes everything harder to access - fire and food, and the water dish.
With the fire, you only have that little door to poke at the coals and its hard to get it evenly spread. Still, its worked out great, learned a lot, and ready to progress.

fwiw, most of the hardcore $1000 smokers are mostly offset style, not barrel style. That probably tells you something
yes all the expensive ones are $1000 range and are offse.t. i am thinking of proceeding with offset one as well. watching one video and the guy says its made of very thin metal and he is hoping it will last 10 cooks. takes a bit for the heat to evenly spread out
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
21520 posts
10050 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal if it can last the season. I have had BBQs with porcelain coated steel grates. They are disposable. I would not buy anything that doesn't come with stainless steel grates. Cast iron is okay but it would need TLC to last.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5341 posts
1729 upvotes
toronto_slim wrote: Home delivery in GTA is $5.98. Might be worth it to avoid the drive & store pickup.
I just ordered the offset smoker and it surprisingly came with free shipping over $50
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5341 posts
1729 upvotes
will888 wrote: Good deal if it can last the season. I have had BBQs with porcelain coated steel grates. They are disposable. I would not buy anything that doesn't come with stainless steel grates. Cast iron is okay but it would need TLC to last.
I got a crap barrel smoker for $60 and its lasted me for years. Metal is thin and low quality. I always cover it up in the summer and winter.

these cheap things are great to learn on until you gain skills and are willing to dish out $1000 for a really nice one.
Oct 1, 2012
42 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
SomeOtherDude wrote: I just ordered the offset smoker and it surprisingly came with free shipping over $50
mine also came free shipping as well.
i changed store locations until it said "Free Shipping over $50".
thanks OP!
Dec 16, 2006
111 posts
86 upvotes
Edmonton
SomeOtherDude wrote: I started out with a round smoker. Its good but the little door makes everything harder to access - fire and food, and the water dish.

I would personally would disagree about the above statements. I'm not here to throw shade at offsets - I've never used them. However, the classic barrel-style smoker is the Weber Smokey Mountian. It's been around for years and it's a proven winner. I have no idea if the above smoker is any good. From my experience, cheap bbq's make me angry. I would recommend for folks getting into smoking at a very low entry point, to pick up a Weber kettle and then go offset. Best case - they love it and carry on with learning about smoking - worse case, they still have a webber charcoal bbq and they can crank out some amazing food with it. I saw a weber kettle for under $100 clearance in Edmonton a few weeks ago. you can find them used all the time for around that $75-100 mark. Peforma, if your lucky $150-200.

The reason I suggest that, is that on cheap BBQs, the build quality is really bad. The metal is very thin, it's flimsy, and I'm sure the heat retention won't be great or worse it will allow air in causing temp spikes. When it comes to smoking, you want something with a good seal too.

I'm not saying you can get good food out of cheap bbqs - you can. However, can someone NEW to bbq get good food out of it? Do they know how to control the heat? Are they willing to spend some bucks on a decent thermometer?

For anyone getting started at smoking and bbq; I highly recommend https://www.amazon.ca/Meathead-Science- ... 054401846X "Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling"
Dec 12, 2004
986 posts
373 upvotes
Ordered the offset one, now let's read on how to use it :)