Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Giant Tiger

Tennessee Offset Smoker & BBQ $50 or Round Smoker & Gril $44 F/S to store.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2021 10:43 pm
Dec 12, 2019
979 posts
702 upvotes
mapleleaf6 wrote: yup thats a deal breaker :(
I ended up ordering it as a store pickup. But it kept saying there aren't enough items. I felt like it was a glitch that my order when through. Since my order store also said there aren't enough items. I keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.
Dec 12, 2019
979 posts
702 upvotes
Benzat17 wrote: can this also be used as a regular charcoal BBQ? is there enough space to put charcoal in the main section
I think you can put them underneath the grates if they are detachable. But I notice that cooking area is quite small by 12" * 10, which is lesser than 14" portable grill.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1352 posts
1283 upvotes
Calgary
UrbanPoet wrote: Great find! Upvoted!

Slightly off topic…
If anyone wants to get into smoking and not spend a lot, yet still want good quality… a fair compromise is a weber kettle.
22 inch is $159
It should be clearance season for Weber Kettles at WM. Cheapest ones in my city are $99
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=7792402530

More versatile than these Giant Tiger specials and it'll last forever.
Last edited by Strider on Sep 17th, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18145 upvotes
ONTARIO
Strider wrote: It should be clearance season for Weber Kettles at WM. Cheapest ones in my city are $99
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=7792402530

More versatile than these and it'll last forever.
Exactly!
You can smoke. Or just quick grill.
Theres also attachments to turn it into a pizza oven, or a rotisserie, or both!

Also… if for some reason you want to do blacksmith as a hobby… line it with cement to make a forge! (Saw it on reddit)

Zombie out break? The lid makes a great shield and head basher! Ok last part was dumb.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2017
1020 posts
790 upvotes
i ordered one free shipping over 50$ but i just saw a video its too small and sent a ticket to CS GT to cancel my order, if they cancel it before shipping great if not i will try it and see
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2017
1010 posts
941 upvotes
GTA
xxxibgdrgn wrote: I think you can put them underneath the grates if they are detachable. But I notice that cooking area is quite small by 12" * 10, which is lesser than 14" portable grill.
10"X12" cooking surface!!! That cant be right - more like the surface area of the side box.
Feb 20, 2019
330 posts
137 upvotes
xxxibgdrgn wrote: I ended up ordering it as a store pickup. But it kept saying there aren't enough items. I felt like it was a glitch that my order when through. Since my order store also said there aren't enough items. I keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.
its doing the exact same thing. not letting me choose store pickup
Sep 3, 2008
449 posts
443 upvotes
projectman44 wrote: 10"X12" cooking surface!!! That cant be right - more like the surface area of the side box.
WTF, that sounds really small. I think you might be right, that might be the dimensions of the smoke box.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
fireside box is about the size of a portable.

Here's my setup. Does NOT look like this anymore, lol....

:(

Get deal op for a cheap smoker. My box was $100 alone.

DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Sep 3, 2008
449 posts
443 upvotes
koffey wrote: fireside box is about the size of a portable.

Here's my setup. Does NOT look like this anymore, lol....

:(

Get deal op for a cheap smoker. My box was $100 alone.

Very nice, I wouldn't even know where to begin there though hahaha. I hope I can make some half decent stuff in this cheap one and eventually graduate to something like that.
Oct 23, 2019
125 posts
125 upvotes
Where do you guys and girls get charcoal for these bad boys? Bulk or?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1352 posts
1283 upvotes
Calgary
Dbatman wrote: Where do you guys and girls get charcoal for these bad boys? Bulk or?
There's 2 active charcoal threads in Hot Deals, one for briquettes, one for lump... whichever tickles your fancy.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
Dbatman wrote: Where do you guys and girls get charcoal for these bad boys? Bulk or?
I buy lump charcoal from Lowes. They have an excellent selection and reasonable price. The Kamado Joe brand comes highly recommended.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Great find! Upvoted!

Slightly off topic…
If anyone wants to get into smoking and not spend a lot, yet still want good quality… a fair compromise is a weber kettle.
18 inch is $119
22 inch is $159
+ add charcoal baskets for $20
Optional… + add charcoal chimney $20 (for convenience and speed of light coals).

You can make competition style bbq with these easily!

Re-sale value is high because its a name brand, classic, and reputable. Or if you don’t like “smoking”. You can use it like a grill.

The following made with a weber kettle.
Beef ribs
Montreal smoked meat
What temperature did you cook the brisket to? The fat seems to need a little more rendering time.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2003
1352 posts
1283 upvotes
Calgary
will888 wrote: I buy lump charcoal from Lowes. They have an excellent selection and reasonable price. The Kamado Joe brand comes highly recommended.
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes $30 bags of charcoal to feed a $40 smoker
More likely $5 bags of Royal Oak, hate their lives, and give up on it.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
Strider wrote: Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes $30 bags of charcoal to feed a $40 smoker
More likely $5 bags of Royal Oak, hate their lives, and give up on it.
What about cooking the $80 brisket on a $40 smoker? I use a Kamado style smoker which means I need to load it up with enough charcoal to last a 15 hour run. The cheap stuff is 30% charcoal dust. The fire does not last. Also the cheap stuff sparks like crazy when you are lighting it. A good quality charcoal will not spark and will burn with consistent heat for a very long time. For the Kamado Joe brand, all I need is 3 big pieces and a few small ones to fill in the gaps and I am good for cooking a brisket.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2014
1027 posts
1114 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Omnicron204 wrote: WTF, that sounds really small. I think you might be right, that might be the dimensions of the smoke box.
Yes - that's the direct heat cooking area in the offset. You can only smoke stuff in the larger chamber. Don't plan on grilling a bunch of burgers with the offset one.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2004
1060 posts
579 upvotes
83 left of the offset smoker
77 left of the barrel smoker
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
I think I found the companion youtube video for the offset smoker. It is not the identical unit but very close.