Shopping Discussion

Giant Tiger's new "YelLOW tag" store brand any good?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2016 5:27 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16749 posts
3911 upvotes
Toronto

Giant Tiger's new "YelLOW tag" store brand any good?

Has anyone been to Giant Tiger lately?
Looks like GT now has two store brands.
Their new store brand is called Yellow tag. (YelLOWtag")
Is it any good? How does it compare to their original "Giant Value" store brand?
6 replies
Banned
User avatar
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4117 upvotes
Ottawa
Stupid marketing department. The should have kept the feline references going instead of playing on the store color scheme. I'm thinking something along the lines of Cheap Pussy brand
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1023 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: The should have kept the feline references going instead of playing on the store color scheme. I'm thinking something along the lines of Cheap Pussy brand
That's a deal the RFD sausage fest would love to get into.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 22, 2007
9125 posts
2751 upvotes
London
Cas77 wrote: Stupid marketing department. The should have kept the feline references going instead of playing on the store color scheme. I'm thinking something along the lines of Cheap Pussy brand
For the kids dept, the Kitten line, and for the older folks, the Cougar Collection.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8746 posts
1678 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: For the kids dept, the Kitten line, and for the older folks, the Cougar Collection.
Image
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
20136 posts
4676 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
playnicee1 wrote: Their new store brand is called Yellow tag. (YelLOWtag")
Is it any good? How does it compare to their original "Giant Value" store brand?
This tag means the product was counterfeited in Asia.

Edit: Oops, thread reported for racial stereotyping. :lol:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16749 posts
3911 upvotes
Toronto
"NEW! Our lowest priced brand" YELLOWTAG.
That's their claim on page 11: http://www.gianttiger.com/category/eflyer.do

So now I hope they don't introduce yellow tag "sandwich slices" :lol:
I'm scared to see what they'd be like after trying their GT brand sandwich slices. lol

So far though, it looks like YT is just going to be for towels and clothing...maybe? :confused:

Top