Expired Hot Deals

[Gibbys] Audio-Technica ATH-DSR7BT Wireless Over-Ear Headphones /w Pure Digital Drive 179.99 Reg(429.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 8:33 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2004
1196 posts
567 upvotes
manubear wrote: Gibbys...legit/trustworthy?
Yes. Ordered a subwoofer from them last year. Good for cheap high end stuff.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1029 posts
150 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: If it helps, the review states build quality as questionable
It kind of does..but people also complained about the PXC 550's durability and inconvenience with the rotating cups to power on / off the headphones. I've owned them for a year now and haven't had any problems with them for either. But I can also understand the creaking sound from the AT's as really annoying....

You may have talked me out of it!!
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14776 posts
2750 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
wanton007 wrote: It kind of does..but people also complained about the PXC 550's durability and inconvenience with the rotating cups to power on / off the headphones. I've owned them for a year now and haven't had any problems with them for either. But I can also understand the creaking sound from the AT's as really annoying....

You may have talked me out of it!!
Considering these were $429, that’s unacceptable use of creaking plastic build quality
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3222 posts
569 upvotes
GTA
Damn was hoping this would be better than my worn down backbeat pro 2's but they seem very similar
Aug 22, 2016
26 posts
19 upvotes
Quebec
Heythumb88 wrote: Do you think Bestbuy will PM these? I have a $30 GC that Id like to use
Yes they will I did it yesterday
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5997 posts
2396 upvotes
Canuckland
There is no ANC for those those who travel and noisy
Nov 5, 2017
192 posts
124 upvotes
manubear wrote: Gibbys...legit/trustworthy?
I've bought tons of stuff from them. Receivers, televisions, and these headphones. They have been in business for over 30 years and are family owned. I like putting money back into the community..
Feb 5, 2012
758 posts
558 upvotes
Montreal
And I just realized that they no longer offer free shipping which was there at first place...
Nov 5, 2017
192 posts
124 upvotes
getdadeal wrote: And I just realized that they no longer offer free shipping which was there at first place...
Maybe it was free as a mistake?
Oct 27, 2018
102 posts
74 upvotes
I'm tempted by this... I'm currently rocking a pair of Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT which I purchased during the summer. But they get painful on my ears + top of my head after maybe 30 minutes (I have thick framed glasses and large ears) and I'm constantly readjusting their position.
Trying to figure out if this would be worth taking the plunge on. Reviews say they are comfortable, but may not be great for large ears... It would have maybe a bit above half the battery life, but that I could live with as long as they are comfortable to wear for multiple hours without causing any pain.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3810 posts
1672 upvotes
Bought yesterday with mailing list coupon for $193 all in.

Decided to cancel for the following reasons:
1. Many complaints of background hissing noise and poor customer support to have it looked at.
2. Returns to gibbys come at a cost even if something is wrong
3. Have a pair of M50xBT and Sony 1000xm3s (still in box). Probably shouldn't get these just for a little more sound quality.

That said, it's a solid deal and sounds like it's an amazing sounding pair of headphones.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1103 posts
195 upvotes
halcyon wrote: Bought yesterday with mailing list coupon for $193 all in.

Decided to cancel for the following reasons:
1. Many complaints of background hissing noise and poor customer support to have it looked at.
2. Returns to gibbys come at a cost even if something is wrong
3. Have a pair of M50xBT and Sony 1000xm3s (still in box). Probably shouldn't get these just for a little more sound quality.
That said, it's a solid deal and sounds like it's an amazing sounding pair of headphones.
I have been using rs80 sennheiser wireless headphones for awhile and it is not BT but I just wanted to comment on your 1st complaint
in that I notice when I turn the volume very low there may be some intermittent hissing, but once the volume is more at a normal level the hissing goes away or at least is no longer detectable. of course, my experience is not for the same product but the same sort of issue I guess.
Apr 12, 2016
53 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
They are 249 at amazon right now, so don't let the inflated MSRP fool you.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1322 posts
1013 upvotes
Gatineau
Thanks OP. Price matched at Bestbuy. Fantastic audio
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)