Expired Hot Deals

[Gibbys] Denon AVR-X1400H 7.2 Ch In-Command Receiver w/ HEOS Technology – B-Stock $399, $350 with chat.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 11:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1369 posts
874 upvotes
CALGARY

Denon AVR-X1400H 7.2 Ch In-Command Receiver w/ HEOS Technology – B-Stock $399, $350 with chat.

Expiry:
February 14, 2018
Retailer:
Gibbys
https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... h-b-stock/

Not sure if its really hot, may be warm at $399.

S920 at $379.

Edit: price can be lowered to $350 if you speak to a sales rep. I got it adjusted. YMMV though.
Last edited by cec4111 on Feb 14th, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
95 replies
Oct 3, 2006
903 posts
467 upvotes
That's a good price! I paid 349$ in December for last boxing day.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3502 posts
4791 upvotes
Canada
They also have it new for $650.

I'm going to get a Yamaha for my basement as the last Denon I bought bricked within 6 months, and the warranty required me paying $100 each way to ship it to the US for repair. I ended up donating the god damn thing. Yamaha is known to have the best reliability and a long warranty.
Nov 4, 2006
178 posts
11 upvotes
Moncton
I also paid $349 back on December. And same as most people say you can't tell it's not brand new. I'm very happy with it and would pay $399 for sure.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1369 posts
874 upvotes
CALGARY
How is X1400H compared to S920W?
Jan 14, 2004
842 posts
88 upvotes
Just got my 1400h b stock yesterday.... looks and works brand new. Didn't get a manual but everything else was included. Weird but its easier to look at it online anyways.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4502 posts
1852 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
This supports Spotify connect right?
Apr 2, 2009
291 posts
335 upvotes
vancouver
Denon makes great electronics, but their HEOS streaming technology is a joke. If you only use spotify, you're okay, but it barely works with anything else. No Google play music, no Apple Music. Their app is the biggest piece of junk (I thought the Sonos app was bad). HEOS tried to compete with Sonos, but fell far short.

Looks like a good deal for the receiver though!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Nov 26, 2004
575 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
baudfather wrote: Denon makes great electronics, but their HEOS streaming technology is a joke. If you only use spotify, you're okay, but it barely works with anything else. No Google play music, no Apple Music. Their app is the biggest piece of junk (I thought the Sonos app was bad). HEOS tried to compete with Sonos, but fell far short.

Looks like a good deal for the receiver though!
How about the HEOS wireless speaker support? Any experience with that?

I was looking at a Denon and adding wireless HEOS rear speakers.
+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Apr 2, 2009
291 posts
335 upvotes
vancouver
NO CARRIER wrote: How about the HEOS wireless speaker support? Any experience with that?

I was looking at a Denon and adding wireless HEOS rear speakers.
I don't have any experience with the wireless speakers, just the HEOS amps. But if the experience is anything like the equipment I used, I'd say stay away. I'd recommend visiting an electronics store that has a live demo available to see exactly how they work. The amps forced you to use their app and had no support for Google Cast or Apple Music which seems ridiculous for a high priced piece of equipment.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Nov 26, 2004
575 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
baudfather wrote: I don't have any experience with the wireless speakers, just the HEOS amps. But if the experience is anything like the equipment I used, I'd say stay away. I'd recommend visiting an electronics store that has a live demo available to see exactly how they work. The amps forced you to use their app and had no support for Google Cast or Apple Music which seems ridiculous for a high priced piece of equipment.
Thank you. I've never owned Denon before, I was an Onkyo guy since the 80's, but the reliability of their amps has me now looking elsewhere. Maybe I'll look into the Yamaha w/ MusicCast

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8644 posts
1096 upvotes
Wanted to pick up. X1200. But got the x1400 since it was only $20 more then the x1300.

Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5496 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
r1lee wrote: Wanted to pick up. X1200. But got the x1400 since it was only $20 more then the x1300.
Great price. I picked up a B-Stock 1400h for $100 more six months ago, and it's doing great. The best price I've seen on the x1300 is $329, just FYI.
Sep 12, 2006
258 posts
182 upvotes
London
milhaus wrote: Great price. I picked up a B-Stock 1400h for $100 more six months ago, and it's doing great. The best price I've seen on the x1300 is $329, just FYI.
Was that price at Gibby's as well?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7430 posts
849 upvotes
NO CARRIER wrote: Thank you. I've never owned Denon before, I was an Onkyo guy since the 80's, but the reliability of their amps has me now looking elsewhere. Maybe I'll look into the Yamaha w/ MusicCast

+++ath0
NO CARRIER
They make nice stuff. I had several Sony ES receivers, but couldn't find one of the newer models at a price I like, ended up grabbing an X4400H over the holidays for around 1100, it's pretty exceptional. Sony's GUI is more polished, but Denon's is nicely laid out.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16613 posts
2318 upvotes
NO CARRIER wrote: Thank you. I've never owned Denon before, I was an Onkyo guy since the 80's, but the reliability of their amps has me now looking elsewhere. Maybe I'll look into the Yamaha w/ MusicCast
I owned a Denon previously, but i wasn't happy with it. The sound seemed weak in comparison to my previous Pioneer receiver and the remote was a mess. Granted that was like 10 years ago ... I also have a Denon Piccolo which works well, but has certain quirks like not being able to go into sleep mode properly.

Anyways, went back to Pioneer although there are a lot of tempting Denon deals.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3476 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto
depending on what you are looking for - I would check your local Best Buy.

I was able to pick up 2 displays models recently for $500 each - Denon X4300H and Marantz SR6011

This is extremely YMMV as they were clearance models but it doesn't hurt to check.
Nov 16, 2010
31 posts
28 upvotes
Milton
Tried this Denon out but decided to return for a sony.
I recently got the Sony STR DN1080 and I am absolutely loving it. Not as seamless as my Sonos when connecting to my phones (iPhone) but pretty damn close.
The TV GUI alone is worth the price of admission.
Just saying so you can audition the Sony and add to your list of choices.
May 11, 2006
311 posts
225 upvotes
Haven't had issues with my 4431ci but it's time to update along with my tv (b7 oled).. So I've decided to go with the x2400h b stock.. Got it last Sunday for 599. I was considered the x1400h but I'd rather have the extra features.
Jan 10, 2007
209 posts
109 upvotes
coolspot wrote: I owned a Denon previously, but i wasn't happy with it. The sound seemed weak in comparison to my previous Pioneer receiver and the remote was a mess. Granted that was like 10 years ago ... I also have a Denon Piccolo which works well, but has certain quirks like not being able to go into sleep mode properly.

Anyways, went back to Pioneer although there are a lot of tempting Denon deals.
Which one would be a comparable Pioneer to this Denon?