Expired Hot Deals

Gibbys Electronic Supermaket

Samsung UN50NU6900FXZC 49.5" TV - $549.99 (PM Opportunities)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2018 2:21 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
695 posts
958 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC

Samsung UN50NU6900FXZC 49.5" TV - $549.99 (PM Opportunities)

Deal Link:
Price:
$549.99
Expiry:
October 31, 2018
Retailer:
Gibbys Electronic Supermaket
Display
– Screen Size (Diagonal): 49.5″
– Panel Type: LED LCD
– Aspect Ratio: 16:9
– Pixel Resolution: 3840 x 2160
– HDR Compatibility: HDR10, HDR10+, Hybrid Log Gamma

Video
– Video System: NTSC
– TV Tuner : Yes

Connectivity
– Primary Connectivity Location: Display
– Input Ports: 2 x HDMI – Audio, Video
– 1 x RF Antenna – Audio, Video
– Output Ports: 1 x TOSLINK Optical – Audio
– USB Ports: 1 x USB (Version Unspecified) – Audio, Photo, Video, Control
– Ethernet: LAN
– Control: RS-232C

Speaker
– Sound: Stereo
– Power: 20 W
– Dolby Digital: Yes

Convenience
– Operating System: Tizen
– Wi-Fi: Built-in
– Picture Modes: Game
– Remote Control: Yes
– Wall Mounting: 200 x 200 mm

General
-Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.3 x 25.6 x 2.4″ / 112.5 x 65.0 x 6.1 cm
– Weight: 30.00 lb / 13.61 kg

Shape
Flat

Screen Resolution
4K Ultra HD

Television Features
Dolby Digital Plus, Smart TV
Last edited by SuperDuperDeveloper on Oct 24th, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
7 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23134 posts
28664 upvotes
Anything less than an NU7100 is hard to justify, but the Samsung panels are so good that even the 6800 is barely passable.
Jun 19, 2009
989 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
I imagine this NU6900 vs NU7100 is the same as the MU6290 vs MU6300 models where they start to cut 1 input to save some money.
Participant in:
Zoomer Wireless - 2 year $36/month for 2GB LTE (Now 4GB Loyalty after 6 months)
Microsoft Price Error - ASUS TUF FX505DT-UB52
40" 4K Samsung TV Monitor User
Mar 29, 2006
277 posts
165 upvotes
I was looking at buying the 55” version of this at Costco yesterday for $679.99 to put in our home gym. I found that the if your viewing angle isn’t dead center, then picture isn’t all that great.

I’ll wait until I find something better.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23134 posts
28664 upvotes
On a related note, I created a thread about Budget 4K TVs-As-Monitors referencing the NU7100:

Thread: Costco Budget 4K TV-as-Monitor Buyer's Guide
Source: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-b ... e-2230161/

=====================================

Folks looking for 40"+ 4K monitors have two options, TVs around $500, or monitors closer to $1k.

I regard the following two TVs as far better value for money than the 32" IPS 4K monitors hovering around $500.

(1) The Samsung 40" VA NU7100 - $439.99

A great TV with very low input lag, good colors, uniformity, and contrast. Cons include limited viewing angles, for many this won't be a problem as it doesn't impinge until you're laughably off center.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu7100
The Samsung NU7100 is a decent 4k LED TV. It has decent picture quality with a good native contrast ratio but lacks more advanced features to improve the dark room performance such as local dimming. It has extremely low input lag which is excellent for gamers but the response time is only decent so some blur is visible behind fast moving objects. When viewed at an angle the image also loses accuracy, so the best picture is reserved for those directly in front of the TV.

Update 6/15/2018: The TV's picture settings have been reset and the contrast ratio has been remeasured at a higher value of 5397:1. It is likely that the calibration raised black levels slightly, reducing the native contrast ratio. The new measurement is in-line with other Samsung TVs like the NU7300.
(2) The LG 43" IPS UK6300 - $519.99

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uk6300
The LG UK6300 is a decent RGBW IPS TV with wide viewing angles, so it remains accurate when viewed at an angle. It also has low input lag so feels responsive. Unfortunately, when viewed in a dark room, blacks appear gray due to the low native contrast ratio, but when viewed in a bright room, this isn't noticeable. The out of the ordinary "RGBW" pixel structure also can cause smaller details and straight lines to lose sharpness, especially when used as a PC monitor.
Comparison
If you've got a bright room with wide seating, then the LG UK6300 is a better choice due to the better viewing angles. But for a dark room with seating directly in front, then the Samsung NU7100 is better due to its better contrast ratio and better black uniformity. The LG UK6300 also has better reflection handing, and you can place it in a room with many light sources whereas the Samsung NU7100 can get brighter to fight bright room glare.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
695 posts
958 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
That is really strange I am on the lower model of this panel and everything seems dead center, no issues with viewing angles either. Thought this would be a good deal based on those and the fact this panel has more bells and whistles. Also, before somebody chimes in and says that this wouldn't make a good gaming panel I ask; What are you playing your consoles on? My X looks gorgeous on this baby cousin.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2766 posts
1951 upvotes
Parksville, BC
SuperDuperDeveloper wrote: That is really strange I am on the lower model of this panel and everything seems dead center, no issues with viewing angles either. Thought this would be a good deal based on those and the fact this panel has more bells and whistles. Also, before somebody chimes in and says that this wouldn't make a good gaming panel I ask; What are you playing your consoles on? My X looks gorgeous on this baby cousin.
My son is using a 40" NU7100 for his One S until a bigger screen comes along on Boxing Day. It looks absolutely fine and is only "worse" when side-by-side to a vehemently more expensive panel. His angles are perfectly fine, really I think people complain too much sometimes about trivial things. (incoming!)
Sep 11, 2017
63 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
PM Opportunities
You're based in Chilliwack, BC but Gibby's is based in St Catharines, ON. I don't get it.