• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2017 2:25 pm
[OP]
Dec 24, 2008
159 posts
11 upvotes

Gift Advice: Best Tablet for Under $300

Hello RFD!

My girlfriends Birthday is coming up and I want to get her a tablet to play games/watch vidoes / music etc (biggest concern is battery and processing power for games....music and videos anything can do) whens shes on the go. I have a budget of $300 to spend. I'm going through CNET and Tom's Hardware reviews as a starter but if anyone at RFD's has experience with a tablet they would recommended I would really appreciate it.

Also, I know things like Nintendo switch exists. She is not a hardcore gamer she will play like solitarica and candy crush. So Video Player / E-Reader is primary function. Gaming is secondary function but primary performance concern from a purchasing standpoint.

For my price point I assume I am going with an Android OS but I really have no preference.

So far looking at: NVIDIA Shield K1

https://www.amazon.ca/Nvidia-Shield-8-0 ... +TABLET+K1
Last edited by OmgDrake on Feb 26th, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15218 posts
6233 upvotes
I know it's not under $300, but I'm going to say it. Nintendo Switch.
I am a Zoomer customer.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2008
159 posts
11 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: I know it's not under $300, but I'm going to say it. Nintendo Switch.
Edited post once I realized what responses i would get. Primary function of the tablet is not gaming but as she does play mobile games it is a functional concern. So I have to eliminate tablets in the very cheap range that essentially only act as E-Readers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7884 posts
4007 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Second the shield. If have an Amerifriend can save a few bucks from US site https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-K1 ... dia+shield Perhaps not worth it if need soon.

Look at Lenovo yoga tab 3 as well.

If can wait bit longer then Apple should be releasing new Ipdas soon so might be able to get good deal on current gen Ipads.
2022: BOC raised 2 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35158 posts
8562 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
georvu wrote: If can wait bit longer
It's a birthday gift. You can't give it to her at your convenience.

The tablet market on android is too fragmented. I'm not a fan of Apple but the mini is within your budget and it will do everything you need. Getting video on an iPad is a bit of s chore but it can be done.
Last edited by Gee on Feb 27th, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)