Shopping Discussion

Gift Card General Discussion

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 9:55 am
Nov 12, 2011
144 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
From March 20-26, you can get 5,000 points for every $50 spent on Happy Him or Happy Her giftcards at Shoppers.

I took advantage of a similar PERSONAL offer on December 5, 2020 and spent $500. The offer was 10,000 points for every $100 spent on Happy Gift Cards. I think many people got this offer. I'm in West and my offer was for Shoppers but some people had offers for Superstore.

I didn't see the points on my receipt, so I used live chat on the PC Optimum app. The pereon said points would be awarded in 4-5weeks (or something like that). When I noticed the points still haven't been awarded, I inquired again and after a lengthly chat, the person asked me for proof of the offer.

Does anyone have a copy of that offer? Similar to the one I pose here but for Shoppers. Many thanks!
Images
  • Screenshot_2021-03-19-22-33-03-705_com.android.chrome.png
  • Screenshot_2021-03-19-22-34-25-212_com.sap.mdc.loblaw.nativ.png
Last edited by ildong on Mar 20th, 2021 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
ildong wrote: From March 20-26, you can get 5,000 points for every $50 spent on Happy Him or Happy Her giftcards at Shoppers.

I took advantage of a similar PERSONAL offer on December 5, 2020. The offer was 10,000 points for every $100 spent on Happy Gift Cards. I think many people got this offer. I'm in West and my offer was for Shoppers but some people had offers for Superstore.

I didn't see the points on my receipt, so I used live chat on the PC Optimum app. The pereon said points would be awarded in 4-5weeks (or something like that). When I noticed the points still haven't been awarded, I inquired again and after a lengthly chat, the person asked me for proof of the offer.

Does anyone have a copy of that offer? Similar to the one I pose here but for Shoppers. Many thanks!
Can you search RFD for our mentions of the promotion? Often personal offers are loaded to RFD as well.
Someone else likely participated, hopefully someone can help you out.

I hate when they do this. It's their promotion, look it up.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Nov 12, 2011
144 posts
171 upvotes
Vancouver
DaVibe wrote: Can you search RFD for our mentions of the promotion? Often personal offers are loaded to RFD as well.

Thanks! The Superstore one was the one I found. There's one for Maxi I think. I'm surprised I couldn't find one for Shoppers. I saved the offer to my phone but deleted the screenshot when my phone storage was running low. When I used live chat the first time, the answer I got made me think they had access to my pereonal offers, so...now I know I should keep important pictures like these Grimacing Face
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ildong wrote: From March 20-26, you can get 5,000 points for every $50 spent on Happy Him or Happy Her giftcards at Shoppers.

I took advantage of a similar PERSONAL offer on December 5, 2020 and spent $500. The offer was 10,000 points for every $100 spent on Happy Gift Cards. I think many people got this offer. I'm in West and my offer was for Shoppers but some people had offers for Superstore.

DaVibe wrote:
Can you search RFD for our mentions of the promotion? Often personal offers are loaded to RFD as well.

This
ildong wrote: Thanks! The Superstore one was the one I found. There's one for Maxi I think. I'm surprised I couldn't find one for Shoppers. I saved the offer to my phone but deleted the screenshot when my phone storage was running low. When I used live chat the first time, the answer I got made me think they had access to my pereonal offers, so...now I know I should keep important pictures like these Grimacing Face
Just repost your original info ... Reply # 322 in the RFD Official MegaThread for the PCO Program ... more than likely someone there will have a copy & be able to rescue you

pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2021-2436833/

PS ... Screen shots are highly recommend for all your PCO Personal Offers
It’s something we chat about often in the MegaThread
Amongst other great tips & tricks to get the most out of the PCO Program
If you haven’t already you should bookmark it
And make it a regular stop on RFD
Oct 25, 2001
978 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone else had issues with using Bay gift cards online? The agent told me an error applying the gift card during a purchase caused it to get depleted.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
Miguel Sánchez wrote: Has anyone else had issues with using Bay gift cards online? The agent told me an error applying the gift card during a purchase caused it to get depleted.
I have had all kinds of issues with Bay gift cards both online and in store. I haven't shopped there now for over a year but I have stopped buying Bay gift cards. It seems that they always tell you to physically go in-store to customer service to get it sorted. Who has time for that?
Oct 25, 2001
978 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
Yes either their gift card system or their website is buggy. Luckily their agent was able to sort it out over the phone. However, I will definitely be avoiding Bay gift cards in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
Miguel Sánchez wrote: Yes either their gift card system or their website is buggy. Luckily their agent was able to sort it out over the phone. However, I will definitely be avoiding Bay gift cards in the future.
You're lucky. After wasting a lot of time on the phone with the agent, I was told to go into the store to get things sorted. I thought the Bay was supposed to be a "big" store. Sheesh.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
Is this only applicable to the $25 cards or can I get 10% off a $50 or $100 card?
F98D8E76-4843-4933-A1DA-698F404FFD55.jpeg
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
dpw198 wrote: Is this only applicable to the $25 cards or can I get 10% off a $50 or $100 card?

Think it’s pretty clear in the wording ... it’s 10% Off a $ 25 Gift Card
(Not off a $ 50 or $ 100 GC)

So the question really is ...
CAN YOU BUY MULTIPLE $ 25 GCs ?

Or is it a one per Customer or Transaction thing

As you took this screen shot from the flyer
I suggest you go back there and look for the fine print
(Might not be on the same page)

In any case if nothing else flyers usually say that the Store has the right to limit quantities purchased of anything in the flyer
So YMMV depending how the store (franchisee ) you visit wishes to apply the offer
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
dpw198 wrote: Is this only applicable to the $25 cards or can I get 10% off a $50 or $100 card?

Food Basics are real sticklers when it comes to promos (O find) and you have to literally purchase the card they have mentioned (suffered this recently).

If you're going to try something else, make it your first card. Their system shows the discount immediately.
If it doesn't come up, you know it didn't work!

Guessing, it won't work.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote:
Think it’s pretty clear in the wording ... it’s 10% Off a $ 25 Gift Card
(Not off a $ 50 or $ 100 GC)

So the question really is ...
CAN YOU BUY MULTIPLE $ 25 GCs ?

Or is it a one per Customer or Transaction thing

As you took this screen shot from the flyer
I suggest you go back there and look for the fine print
(Might not be on the same page)

In any case if nothing else flyers usually say that the Store has the right to limit quantities purchased of anything in the flyer
So YMMV depending how the store (franchisee ) you visit wishes to apply the offer
DaVibe wrote: Food Basics are real sticklers when it comes to promos (O find) and you have to literally purchase the card they have mentioned (suffered this recently).

If you're going to try something else, make it your first card. Their system shows the discount immediately.
If it doesn't come up, you know it didn't work!

Guessing, it won't work.
Yep, as @DaVibe mentioned, it has to be the Uber $25 cards.

And, it looks like you can buy more than 1 on same receipt ... Not sure if their system has a max.

See partial receipt below for 2x $25 with $2.50 discount each.

Love the fact that can add to UE Account immediately after purchase!
Images
  • Screenshot_20210325_172223.jpg
Jan 29, 2020
201 posts
175 upvotes
Gatineau
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a prepaid visa card with the Best Buy GC?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1241 posts
1916 upvotes
Zabrodov wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a prepaid visa card with the Best Buy GC?
No you can't buy a gift card with a gift card (online at least) in store might vary IMO
Aug 10, 2011
510 posts
195 upvotes
EAST YORK
Zabrodov wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a prepaid visa card with the Best Buy GC?
I did that a few years back at Best Buy with the now closed Koodo new phone loophole. Bought 2 iphone 6's got 400 best buy gift cards per phone and walked over to checkout counter and cashed them in for vanila pre paid credit cards...Note: there was a fee per transaction but I was fine with that.
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 20GB($32.50 - 35% F&F + 50GB big binge ) X2 plans
Freedom 19.5GB $24.25 ( $5 digital discount and 35% F&F + 50GB big binge)
Freedom 1.2GB addon line 10$ + 50 GB big binge
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
LarryT778370 wrote: Sorry for being a bit lazy here. Anyone here knows is Happy Home still good for petsmart? The new happy home replaces petsmart with the source.
You may want to email them to confirm ... But it looks like the answer is no.
They are no longer on the website, despite this small image error
Images
  • Screenshot_20210401-055941~2.png
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 2, 2013
79 posts
35 upvotes
You just use the card as a credit card there and it should still work. I've used it since they were removed.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)