• Mar 29th, 2024 2:10 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6414 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
From GC thread, thanks @LarryT778370 for pointing out @vipnotion's thread:

bed-bath-and-beyond-hot-free-10-egift-c ... e-2428893/

For anyone purchasing, if you login to your BBB account via GCR, to purchase GCs, hopefully it will track correctly to get a GCR rebate, in addition to the $10 e-gift card bonus.

https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... nd-Canada/

See image below.

Edit: as per @newfbc via other thread, forgot this was for a digital GC ... this will NOT work via GCR, as it will only work for physical GCs via BBB own website.

So, you can't use GCR to get a cash rebate for purchasing the eGC. However, you can use GCR for making a subsequent BBB purchase AFTER buying eGC, with bonus $10!
Images
  • gcr_bbb_gift_cards.png
Apr 22, 2010
310 posts
240 upvotes
Markham
trystee wrote: I believe the following promo will be starting sometime in the AM on Dec 14, 2020 (half hour earlier for Prime members):

• [Dec 14 to ?] - [ Amazon.ca ] - DAZN: Get 20% Off A $99 DAZN GC - 20% Off

Does anyone know if Amazon gift cards can be used to purchase the DAZN card?

EDIT: I was able to use my Amazon gift card to buy this lightning deal. But, I was only able to purchase it one time for my Amazon account, and I had to sign up for the free 30-day Prime to avoid $1.99 shipping (I was not able to select a free shipping without Prime option).
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2722 posts
549 upvotes
Manitoba
Hi there,
anyone has any experience paying online on swiss chalet or montana’s using ultimate dinning gift card?
if the gift card amount is not sufficient then will the site allow to pay the balance using their own card?
I am trying to give away ultimate dinning gift card to someone but the amount of gift might not cover their bill so just want to check.
as they are not going to restaurants, they will only be using it for online order at swiss chalet or montanas.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
The end came for me (for light roast coffee) when the tasting notes at a light roast shop in Portland said: "Hints of citrus, star anise & coffee" - Unknown on the internet
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6414 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
dxbender wrote: Anyone have the ultimate dining card (where you can use at swiss chalet, Harvey's and so on) that mentions a bonus on it?

How do you go about redeeming that bonus? Since you cant order in store, is there a way to do it online?
Cutting and pasting your question here ... From the GC Thread.

Not sure about SC or Harvey's. Milestones offers curbside pickup so you can call location and advise them you have a Bonus Card for xx offer, when placing order over phone.

They can ensure your Receipt is modified in advance, to reflect promo.

Upon pickup, you can show:

#1 UDC Bonus Card
#2 Scene Card (optional)
#3 Pay via UDC GC (optional)

Best to call UD Resto Location of your choice, to confirm above options are available.

Cheers!
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
dxbender wrote: Anyone have the ultimate dining card (where you can use at swiss chalet, Harvey's and so on) that mentions a bonus on it?

How do you go about redeeming that bonus? Since you cant order in store, is there a way to do it online?
https://www.recipeunlimited.com/content ... 202020.pdf

There are no promo codes associated with the offers, so I doubt there's any way to "add" the offer online. This is an in-store promotion / drive-thru.
It specifically says you need to show the bonus card, up to 90 days after purchasing the gift card.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: https://www.recipeunlimited.com/content ... 202020.pdf

There are no promo codes associated with the offers, so I doubt there's any way to "add" the offer online. This is an in-store promotion / drive-thru.
It specifically says you need to show the bonus card, up to 90 days after purchasing the gift card.
That sucks then that they can advertise bonus promo like that when nobody can actually use it since you cant go in person to these places.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
dxbender wrote: That sucks then that they can advertise bonus promo like that when nobody can actually use it since you cant go in person to these places.
But this promotion has been on for years. The state of the world is not their fault, IMO.
Sucks, absolutely. It's also location dependent. I can still visit Harvey's near my house in the drive-thru.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Jun 18, 2020
89 posts
88 upvotes
any tricks for bestbuy? ie: gift card deal with some %, AM's, email sign up, coupon codes, anything?
Sep 25, 2015
50 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto, ON
As we near the end of the year, I just want to give my overdue thanks to @trystee for running the 2020 GC thread. I hope you'll do it again next year, but whether or not you do, you're an absolute legend. You've selflessly helped me and so many strangers save money. Your return to this thread was a bright point in an otherwise lousy year. Thank you!
Jun 1, 2013
144 posts
95 upvotes
Pascal20 wrote: As we near the end of the year, I just want to give my overdue thanks to @trystee for running the 2020 GC thread. I hope you'll do it again next year, but whether or not you do, you're an absolute legend. You've selflessly helped me and so many strangers save money. Your return to this thread was a bright point in an otherwise lousy year. Thank you!
Completely agree!!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
Thanks Trystee! Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year. I am addicted to this thread (thanks to you) but I think that is a good thing. :)
Dec 13, 2017
245 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver Island
As we near the end of the year, I just want to give my overdue thanks to @trystee for running the 2020 GC thread. I hope you'll do it again next year, but whether or not you do, you're an absolute legend. You've selflessly helped me and so many strangers save money. Your return to this thread was a bright point in an otherwise lousy year. Thank you!
Thank you, @trystee and all the best to you and yours for a safe and happy holiday season!
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
Thanks @trystee and best seasonal wishes to you and yours. Although my gift card use is way down this year, it has still been helpful to know where to look for the latest info. As a gift to you, I hope next year brings fewer questions asking for info that's already available with only a few seconds' effort.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
eahmed wrote: PC optimum app is showing the following gift cards promo. Starts tomorrow might be account specific. Dec 26th till 29th
For every $100 spent on The Ultimate Dining Card, Swiss Chalet or Harvey's gift cards. Points will be awarded by Jan 15th, 2021
15% Garbage

Not touching it, 20% or nothing here.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2011
1241 posts
1917 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: 15% Garbage

Not touching it, 20% or nothing here.
Hey I just report them not design them :)
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
eahmed wrote: Hey I just report them not design them :)
Oh I know, thanks.
Just speaking my opinion so others do their research and make the best decision for themselves.

I agree, I post bad deals all the time Face With Tears Of Joy knowledge is everything in this
I want to know what the deal is, every time, so that when it's HOT, I know when to pounce
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of those that have sent me kind remarks in this thread and via PM as well as for all of the upvotes. It is very much appreciated.

Also, I would like to thank all members that have contributed to the deals thread as well as this discussions thread and to those that have adapted to the separate threads approach.

2020 has been a challenging year and I hope that having the GC deals thread has helped folks out.

What is happening for 2021 and the threads? I've decided to still add info to this discussion thread as much as time will allow me to throughout the year.

As for the main GC deals thread, unfortunately I've decided not to maintain one for 2021. I am willing to create a GC deals megathread again but the ability to sustain it will rely on deals posted by RFD members as I will not be updating the main post (if I do find a deal and have the time I'll contribute like others will). The other options are to have someone else create/maintain it OR to not have one in 2021.

I've added a poll to this thread for people to vote. Please vote and we'll see how members want the thread to/not to continue.

Thanks again to all and I hope that 2021 will allow us to return to a more normal life.

trystee
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
DaVibe wrote: But this promotion has been on for years. The state of the world is not their fault, IMO.
Sucks, absolutely. It's also location dependent. I can still visit Harvey's near my house in the drive-thru.
But you have a limited time to redeem the bonus once purchasing the card. Yes the deal might have been around for years, but it can clearly be adjusted to meet the changing world. Online orders and pickups are still a think, so why cant people ordering online redeem the bonus card the same way they would've redeemed it had they simply gone in person?

Most other companies still open have adjusted their policies based on the pandemic.

Seems like false advertising if you still sell gift cards which have up to $175 in bonuses, but it's not redeemable.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
dxbender wrote: But you have a limited time to redeem the bonus once purchasing the card. Yes the deal might have been around for years, but it can clearly be adjusted to meet the changing world. Online orders and pickups are still a think, so why cant people ordering online redeem the bonus card the same way they would've redeemed it had they simply gone in person?

Most other companies still open have adjusted their policies based on the pandemic.

Seems like false advertising if you still sell gift cards which have up to $175 in bonuses, but it's not redeemable.
But I don't believe you've ever been able to use the app or online ordering for these codes, so you're asking for functionality they've never had in the name of COVID.

Anyways, I guess there's room for improvement, let's agree there.
I guess not everyone can be McDonald's lol
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
trystee wrote: Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to thank all of those that have sent me kind remarks in this thread and via PM as well as for all of the upvotes. It is very much appreciated.

Also, I would like to thank all members that have contributed to the deals thread as well as this discussions thread and to those that have adapted to the separate threads approach.

2020 has been a challenging year and I hope that having the GC deals thread has helped folks out.

What is happening for 2021 and the threads? I've decided to still add info to this discussion thread as much as time will allow me to throughout the year.

As for the main GC deals thread, unfortunately I've decided not to maintain one for 2021. I am willing to create a GC deals megathread again but the ability to sustain it will rely on deals posted by RFD members as I will not be updating the main post (if I do find a deal and have the time I'll contribute like others will). The other options are to have someone else create/maintain it OR to not have one in 2021.

I've added a poll to this thread for people to vote. Please vote and we'll see how members want the thread to/not to continue.

Thanks again to all and I hope that 2021 will allow us to return to a more normal life.

trystee
Trystee, your value to 2 threads has not gone unnoticed and is truly appreciated. You have spent several years contributing and sorting gift card deal threads for us, I respect that it's time to hang it up. I think you've done such a great job / have set the bar so high, that I'm not even sure that someone can follow in your footsteps lol

With that said, I vote for the gift card thread and separate gift card discussion, like we tried this year, and with our subscribed user base we will keep contributing all the new deals to read. I would even recommend that we all use the summary page to update the ongoing deals.

There will be no recap, posted by you, but we can survive.

Thank you for helping out all these years! These threads have never looked better!
RedFlagDeals Addict

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)