Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
359 upvotes

Gift idea?

Any idea of a gift for a teenager? He is into games, AFAIK, but I'm not sure what kind of games. So something like a gift card to let him pick whatever he likes?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4606 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
arm2000 wrote: Any idea of a gift for a teenager? He is into games, AFAIK, but I'm not sure what kind of games. So something like a gift card to let him pick whatever he likes?
Bestbuy or Amazon.ca gift card maybe? Especially if you're not sure what console he owns... But if he's a PC gamer, then that's a different matter too.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Mar 19, 2015
633 posts
124 upvotes
Canada
How much money do you want to spend? Give him cash and let him buy whatever he wants.
Forget about giving gift card. Cash is better.

-
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12031 posts
2639 upvotes
Unless you know exactly what he likes to play and what he actually needs, then don't bother buying anything.

Cash is king.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2012 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
Your options

1. You can try to investigate the genre of games he likes + the gaming platform he owns

2. You can give him cash or a gift card
Jan 26, 2008
752 posts
56 upvotes
Scarborough
I agree that cash is king but you're going to set him up for disappointment when you give him something else afterwards. It'd be super impressive imo if you got him a video game that he's interested in. Ask his parents the console he has and the latest 3 games he owns. That should give you an idea of what to get him.