Expired Hot Deals

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb Mini ITX 309.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2018 11:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 14, 2014
2728 posts
539 upvotes

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb Mini ITX 309.99

Deal Link:
Price:
309.99
While looking at the markets for gpus I found a interesting find on a 1060.

Good deal for people looking at a 1060. its only a 3gb version and its mini itx.

But its not a bad deal considering how these are 450+ on gta kijiji ect used markets.

I dont expect there to be 10+ in 2 locations for very long.

Cheers

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX70207
18 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2015
556 posts
323 upvotes
LONDON
in real use cases, how much worse is this than a 6GB model?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
21022 posts
3655 upvotes
YUL
In store only is the only stock left. Online is sold out. I guess I lucked out yesterday when I first saw them and online had stock and ordered one. And I'm in Quebec, so only paid GST. It was $330 all in and shipped to my door. Luckily I held off from buying one at $400+ over the last 2 weeks. It just goes to show prices are coming down again.
Member
Mar 1, 2011
349 posts
752 upvotes
Fraser Valley
Hot deal given the prices for video cards these days. I would however, hold off.

With the crash in crypto currencies, I'm seeing a ton of turnkey mining rigs for sale as miners try to recoup their investment costs.

Hopefully GPU prices will crash!
Last edited by Hank71 on Feb 10th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jul 16, 2015
385 posts
178 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I read the article, and although i don't want to do all the homework for ytterbium, the review is misleading. I'd jump to the comments section where everyone is ripping into the article. Here's the lowdown. THe 3gb is between 6-7% slower than the 6gb version with the exception of a few games. The author only tests a few games so take that with a grain of salt. The 3gb version doesn't excel at 1440p, but that's a given since that's not the target market for this variant and obviously ram plays a role in in higher resolutions. MOst gamers are playing at 1080p anyways, so this point is moot.

So the conclusion should be this:

- the cheapest 3gb in stock is $329 unless you can get the op's deal
- the cheapest 6gb in stock is $404
- is approx 7% performance difference worth aproximately $85.

I'd be looking at sites like Techreport, anandtech, pcper, hardocp, and even tom's (ugh) for fairly good reviews on gpu's. I like the guy at gamer's nexus but his methodology isn't very good. I expect more from him but he seldom delivers.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 25, 2012
5217 posts
4346 upvotes
Toronto
Personally if I needed a GPU right now and had a budget of $300-$400, I would just wait, prices are still way too high for what you are getting. GTX 1060 is a great card, but I wouldn't get a 3GB VRAM version with crippled performance due to lower CUDA cores.

There is also a chance volta might come out this year.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1569 posts
611 upvotes
TBD
zentro wrote: Personally if I needed a GPU right now and had a budget of $300-$400, I would just wait, prices are still way too high for what you are getting. GTX 1060 is a great card, but I wouldn't get a 3GB VRAM version with crippled performance due to lower CUDA cores.

There is also a chance volta might come out this year.
That doesn't make sense, that literally means you wouldn't need one right now if you can wait.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
21022 posts
3655 upvotes
YUL
kevdanga wrote: That doesn't make sense, that literally means you wouldn't need one right now if you can wait.
Yeah, exactly. WTF. I need one now because I just built a computer and had no GPU other than the on board one.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2666 posts
1033 upvotes
QC, Canada
Hank71 wrote: Hot deal given the prices for video cards these days. I would however, hold off.

With the crash in crypto currencies, I'm seeing a ton of turnkey mining rigs for sale as miners try to recoup their investment costs.

Hopefully GPU prices will crash!
Lol the opposite is happening.. Demand for graphics cards never have been that high.. Price are far from crashing it's the opposite.. The crypto market will bounce back in around 3 weeks, that why there is more people mining than ever, everyone want to mine for the big price explosion
Member
Dec 10, 2017
330 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: Yeah, exactly. WTF. I need one now because I just built a computer and had no GPU other than the on board one.
fwiw i waited back before GTX 1070 release because the 6700k had an iGPU that could run well for league of legends / cs go / wow ect and was passable enough for that type of game. made do with that for a few months and waited for the right card. looking back, the gtx 1070 i got for 549 + $40 mir was a great buy as its more money almost 1.5+ years later.
Stay Frosty'
Member
User avatar
Aug 12, 2014
293 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The shortage is because of the miners but remember to pre-order that GPU the moment they announce it otherwise it will be MSRP+++ by the time it comes to retail.
The whole premise of solving equations and generating fake finite number of coins is a complete waste of electricity and computing power. But I must admit I had a killing riding the crypto wave.
gamebird wrote: I hope the shortage of current gen GPU is due to NV are preparing the shipment of Ampere in April.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rumor- ... -12th.html
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2015
556 posts
323 upvotes
LONDON
rightthing wrote: The shortage is because of the miners but remember to pre-order that GPU the moment they announce it otherwise it will be MSRP+++ by the time it comes to retail.
The whole premise of solving equations and generating fake finite number of coins is a complete waste of electricity and computing power. But I must admit I had a killing riding the crypto wave.
You had a killing? I didn't know mining was so cutthroat.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
21022 posts
3655 upvotes
YUL
Ytterbium wrote: You had a killing? I didn't know mining was so cutthroat.
Yeah, for someone whose username is 'rightthing' he certainly didn't do the right thing :lol:
Member
Jul 16, 2015
385 posts
178 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
najibs wrote: Yeah, for someone whose username is 'rightthing' he certainly didn't do the right thing :lol:
off topic, but shit, you've got 19000+ posts. Oh, you've been here since 2003....but still quite the accomplishment. =)
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 25, 2012
5217 posts
4346 upvotes
Toronto
najibs wrote: Yeah, exactly. WTF. I need one now because I just built a computer and had no GPU other than the on board one.
Yeah that sucks, been there before. Did you end up getting this GTX 1060?
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2016
106 posts
97 upvotes
This card is only a touch faster than the R9 290 I bought for $260 in 2014. Pretty wild where we're at with GPUs. I do not envy anyone trying to build a new rig right now.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
21022 posts
3655 upvotes
YUL
dwfLuid wrote: off topic, but shit, you've got 19000+ posts. Oh, you've been here since 2003....but still quite the accomplishment. =)
Yep, I'm an old-timer. Kinda scary that I've been on here for 15 years. I remember meeting the owners of RFD back before it was bought by YellosPages.
zentro wrote: Yeah that sucks, been there before. Did you end up getting this GTX 1060?
Yes. Waiting for it to ship.

Top