Jun 3, 2007
411 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto

[Dollarama] Gilmour Spike Sprinkler (up to 5800 sqft) - $4

Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Dollarama seems to be getting quite a few interesting items over the past little while. I found the Gilmour model 3203 spike sprinkler (they call it a medium duty hybrid imp sprinkler - whatever that means) at the Lawrence Square (Lawrence & Allen, Toronto) location this morning - apparently brand new according to the supervisor who happened to be working the cash. Seems like a decent buy - well constructed unit w/ metal impact bar, counterweight and spike, onboard on-off switch, easy adjustable area (~20 deg - 360 deg, as well as distance), and has a lifetime warrantee.

This does gets mixed reviews, so caveat emptor - especially for $4! From the reviews below, these small adjustments should ensure good performance - teflon tape and a good tightening of the base-to-head connection, as well as making sure the top piece that lets you adjust the sprinkler area is tightened (hex screw) before use. Biggest issue seems to be sticking on the adjustment collars, but I intend to use 360 deg so I'm cool w/ it. Here's the reviews: https://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-832033-1 ... merReviews

Enjoy!
Images
  • sprinkle.jpg
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
2273 posts
2944 upvotes
Langley, BC
dollarama is just getting lower quality name brand items that were made for dollarama.
Jan 1, 2012
453 posts
99 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
I'm starting to wonder how come Dollarama doesn't maintain an official channel for new products I believe it would have quite an amount of followers
Jul 17, 2010
226 posts
194 upvotes
I saw this at Newmarket store. Dollarama also sell surplus items they bought from other stores, just like Princess Auto. So you can only get them while quantity last.

I bought one this week. Looks solid. But the head was detached after less than a minute. They used good material for the levers and what you can see, but decided to use connector with plastic thread for the sprinkler head. I put it back and it worked fine after.
Mar 8, 2008
178 posts
88 upvotes
Edmonton
Great! I've been looking for a new sprinkler.
Jul 23, 2007
911 posts
434 upvotes
Vancouver
Im going to install in my house
To sweep the floor
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3877 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Great for showering the kids.
Nov 29, 2007
33 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
SaversSave wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 10:33 am
I'm starting to wonder how come Dollarama doesn't maintain an official channel for new products I believe it would have quite an amount of followers
That would take away the thrill of treasure hunting.
Mar 20, 2019
80 posts
192 upvotes
Picked up 3 at the pond mills location in London, still a bunch left (5+)
Oct 18, 2005
530 posts
85 upvotes
Thornhill
bought one to try out. Seems like the main issue from reviews is that it gets stuck. If anyone finds a solution, let us know.
Nov 25, 2013
3 posts
8 upvotes
Sorry for the picture quality, my camera on my phone has seen better days. Found this very heavy duty sprinkler today @ Dollarama. $4.00

Googled it @ home and HD carried it for $35.00

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

Heavy Duty Circular Sprinkler with Spike Base

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/gilmou ... 1001087633

This sprinkler is mad heavy. Feels quality.
Found @ Edmonton Albany location.
Good Luck!
Images
  • 20190707_175727_HDR.jpg
Jun 12, 2007
526 posts
169 upvotes
After watching the video, this looks like a good one. I got soaked trying to always adjust the simple circular sprinkler i just bought.
Going to check my dollarama tomorrow, thanks op!
Nov 24, 2006
151 posts
32 upvotes
london
Don't waste your time or money. I picked up one of these sprinkles last week and can say without a shadow of a doubt it's a complete piece of sh#t. The rotating mechanism constantly jams up so you end up with a massive puddle in one spot while the rest of the yard is dry. So yourself a favor and avoid this like the plague. There's a reason why these have been dumped off at the dollar store
Nov 8, 2012
417 posts
206 upvotes
London, ON
shaolin_x wrote:
Jul 7th, 2019 11:27 pm
Don't waste your time or money. I picked up one of these sprinkles last week and can say without a shadow of a doubt it's a complete piece of sh#t. The rotating mechanism constantly jams up so you end up with a massive puddle in one spot while the rest of the yard is dry. So yourself a favor and avoid this like the plague. There's a reason why these have been dumped off at the dollar store
Agreee! This ones a piece of junk

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)