• Nov 1st, 2017 4:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2326 posts
685 upvotes
Acton, Ontario

Ginseng to boost immune system ?

Any input on ginseng as immune system booster ?
Getting over a cold right now and lots of friends/doctor throw terms like oregano/echinacea/ginseng etc....
But I wouldn't know if it's just another money grab or actually beneficial root.
Thought I would give this a try but unsure on what form to buy it in, sliced, or powder.
4 replies
Temp. Banned
Dec 2, 2007
902 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know about Ginseng boosting immune system. however, it does flush your body of toxins. I read a real medical study somewhere a decade ago.
Mar 20, 2006
284 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton, Alberta
If you look at coldfx, which some people swear by, it is focused on echinacea/ginseng. If i start to get sick, I go to echinacea/ginseng and oil of oregano, even though I hate the taste of oil of oregano. Do I have studies? No (I am sure you could google some), but it works for me.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/life/h ... ndmail.com

"How long do you need to take Cold-FX for it to start working? A few days? A week? The product label offers no clues.

But according to Valeant Canada's vice-president of medical and regulatory affairs, you must take it for a minimum of eight weeks – two whole months – before any potential benefit kicks in. The optimal duration for a healthy adult is four months. For seniors, that increases to six months."
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i've always wanted to buy ginseng powder from those asian herbal/seafood places (around 5 for 100$) but am afraid of fillers. Once in powder form, you can't see what's in it. Could be low quality ginseng

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)