Price:
FREE
Savings:
100% off
Expiry:
December 15, 2019
Retailer:
Glassbox Barbershop
You don't have to download their iphone only app to book an appointment just press book on their instagram profile page while on your phone to make an appointment.

Lots of time slots so far surprisingly.

This is their new opening promotion at their new Royal Bank Plaza location.

edit: You can book on their website too

Share:
18 replies
Apr 11, 2013
498 posts
332 upvotes
$1 booking fee
Oct 16, 2010
333 posts
752 upvotes
regularjoe1 wrote: $1 booking fee
Overpriced. Got a coupon?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16282 posts
4724 upvotes
Scarberia
Shud I bring a salad bowl¿?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jul 24, 2012
988 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
You guys may not know this but Dylan Portner who runs Glassbox is one of Canada’s best barbers.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2008
2571 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
What's the tipping practice for free hair cuts?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
^ $0 :D
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
a couple of years ago .. Groupon emailed me a deal - 95% off ...

So I looked around their site ... and ended up using it for some upscale haircut place ...

I picked up $30 haircut for something like $1.50, if I am not mistake now ... got 1.75% cash back from Rogers MC (hey 2 or 3 cents is 2 or 3 cents, lol) ... and took the transaction through ebates as well ... forgot how it worked out with ebates ... but 30 dollars haircut really costed me around 1 dollar.

The cut was quite good ... Didn't have to pay anything to the stylist (as Groupon covered $30) ... I left the guy 2 dollars tip. :)
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1895 posts
3799 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge
asdisme wrote: What's the tipping practice for free hair cuts?
the same tip people leave when hair cuts cost money
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8560 posts
2335 upvotes
Mississauga
Darkman wrote: a couple of years ago .. Groupon emailed me a deal - 95% off ...

So I looked around their site ... and ended up using it for some upscale haircut place ...

I picked up $30 haircut for something like $1.50, if I am not mistake now ... got 1.75% cash back from Rogers MC (hey 2 or 3 cents is 2 or 3 cents, lol) ... and took the transaction through ebates as well ... forgot how it worked out with ebates ... but 30 dollars haircut really costed me around 1 dollar.

The cut was quite good ... Didn't have to pay anything to the stylist (as Groupon covered $30) ... I left the guy 2 dollars tip. :)
So you got a cut that was quite good and you tipped only $2.00?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1539 posts
1733 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: So you got a cut that was quite good and you tipped only $2.00?
Going by that user's essays he spams here, $2 is incredibly generous for him. Imagine being that stingy to tip $2 for a good haircut after getting it for basically free.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5505 posts
2525 upvotes
EananC641158 wrote: Going by that user's essays he spams here, $2 is incredibly generous for him. Imagine being that stingy to tip $2 for a good haircut after getting it for basically free.
Well according to him that's how he got a $400K balance in his bank account!
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: So you got a cut that was quite good and you tipped only $2.00?
Ya... And I could have lied and wrote ANYTHING ... :D

Look ...... I live in Winnipeg ... not Toronto ( not everyone lives in Toronto, by the way ;) )... $2 tip is not too bad of a tip around here for hair-cut, believe you me ...

The younger dude ... - maybe 30 or so, with some tattoos ... is a part owner / an owner's son ....

Haircut was okay ... ( I have a pic... me after that cut or maybe a day or two after - https://i.imgur.com/c37hObE.jpg )

BUT:

1. The dude got paid $30 from Groupon ..... plus $2 tip ... -- I'd be happy with that!

2. If not for me buying that Groupon - I would never be there. Fact!

3. for close to 10 years already ( maybe 5 - 10 years, time flies and i don't keep track ) ... I (or whoever i ask to help me a bit -- my wife or mother etc) cut my own hair every 2 - 3 months or so: I shave it bold ...... then it grows back (i got thick hair ... it grows back FAST) ... I let it grow ... and then in 2 - 3 months I shave it bold again ... and so it goes :)
Don't pay for haircut for long long time already ... And kinda like the bold look -- and when hair start growing - first month or so ... I like it like that!) :)

4. There is one Chinese woman here ... instead of having her own salon elsewhere from home ... she cuts hair in the basement of her house -- that's her salon.
In China she was a very good cutter ...
My wife finally made it there couple month ago ... had her hair done ... And I just sat there watched some TV .... and observed what's going on for 2 or 3 hours :)

Many people come there ... guys, some women ... The hair cut (for men, for sure) = $8 ... if you want a wash as well ... then would be $13

All I paid attention at (especially guys) ... - they just come there for a cut, no wash ... She gave them all GOOD cut ... not any worse than the dude, who gave the cut to me at his / their upscale place ... maybe even a better cut.

Saw people pay her in cash $10 ... and then stood there and waited / expected to get $2 ... I'd say 90% of them did that ... some did leave a dollar or two in tip.

And it wasn't a big deal ... no dirty looks from the woman / owner ... nothing ... just "thank you" on both sides :)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
EananC641158 wrote: Going by that user's essays he spams here, $2 is incredibly generous for him. Imagine being that stingy to tip $2 for a good haircut after getting it for basically free.
Go eat grass, bud ... :)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: Well according to him that's how he got a $400K balance in his bank account!
That's not ... just maybe part of it ... -- In general: I don't piss my money into the wind. I am disciplined.

$400K+ in the bank ... I am also totally debt free including my place ... and have double the bank in 2 discount brokerages ...

Nowadays it's not that much by the way ... Life is expensive ... even in Winnipeg. Of course it's better than having nothing and being all mortgaged up ... but having over a mil nowadays it's not the same as having that amount years ago. Life just ain't very cheap any longer.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8560 posts
2335 upvotes
Mississauga
Darkman wrote: Ya... And I could have lied and wrote ANYTHING ... :D

Look ...... I live in Winnipeg ... not Toronto ( not everyone lives in Toronto, by the way ;) )... $2 tip is not too bad of a tip around here for hair-cut, believe you me ...

The younger dude ... - maybe 30 or so, with some tattoos ... is a part owner / an owner's son ....

Haircut was okay ... ( I have a pic... me after that cut or maybe a day or two after - https://i.imgur.com/c37hObE.jpg )

BUT:

1. The dude got paid $30 from Groupon ..... plus $2 tip ... -- I'd be happy with that!

2. If not for me buying that Groupon - I would never be there. Fact!

3. for close to 10 years already ( maybe 5 - 10 years, time flies and i don't keep track ) ... I (or whoever i ask to help me a bit -- my wife or mother etc) cut my own hair every 2 - 3 months or so: I shave it bold ...... then it grows back (i got thick hair ... it grows back FAST) ... I let it grow ... and then in 2 - 3 months I shave it bold again ... and so it goes :)
Don't pay for haircut for long long time already ... And kinda like the bold look -- and when hair start growing - first month or so ... I like it like that!) :)

4. There is one Chinese woman here ... instead of having her own salon elsewhere from home ... she cuts hair in the basement of her house -- that's her salon.
In China she was a very good cutter ...
My wife finally made it there couple month ago ... had her hair done ... And I just sat there watched some TV .... and observed what's going on for 2 or 3 hours :)

Many people come there ... guys, some women ... The hair cut (for men, for sure) = $8 ... if you want a wash as well ... then would be $13

All I paid attention at (especially guys) ... - they just come there for a cut, no wash ... She gave them all GOOD cut ... not any worse than the dude, who gave the cut to me at his / their upscale place ... maybe even a better cut.

Saw people pay her in cash $10 ... and then stood there and waited / expected to get $2 ... I'd say 90% of them did that ... some did leave a dollar or two in tip.

And it wasn't a big deal ... no dirty looks from the woman / owner ... nothing ... just "thank you" on both sides :)
Hey if your happy tipping $2.00 good for you just the rest of us disagree.

Just so you know the Barber did not get $30.00 from Groupon if he was lucky he might get $5.00. Groupon takes a big junk of what you pay.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
If he didn't get the entire $30 -- He did get something for sure... He told me so himself. -- I am not shy and we discussed my Groupon. It's not indicated on printed paper how much I paid for it. So I told him, lol ... I didn't have a problem telling him for how much exactly I picked up that Groupon.

Btw, if I'd be getting that $8 cut from that Chinese woman... I'd just give her $10.
2 dollar tip anyhow in that case.

My wife got from her some fancy spiral perm ...for $70 ...at salons would cost $160 or so.

Bought some fancy nice smelling bottle for hair... For $20 (I googled that bottle....its all in Chinese lol ...only sold in couple of places in China... Bought in Chinese money and in bulk ...would need to buy the whole box...can't just buy one bottle... Would cost something like $5 a bottle...but you'd need to get it shipped here ...and I don't think they'd ship it for free. :)

We paid $100 to the woman ...cut, that $20 bottle and a tip
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: Hey if your happy tipping $2.00 good for you just the rest of us disagree.

Just so you know the Barber did not get $30.00 from Groupon if he was lucky he might get $5.00. Groupon takes a big junk of what you pay.
He should have just said to Groupon: "If you touch that junk, I'll have you arrested." :)
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5682 upvotes
When I shave my head bald ... I go out just like that - bald ... or wear some nice baseball cap ... or if out somewhere on a cool and windy day ... for the prolonged walk etc -- i'd just wear a hoodie, lol ... something like this ( https://i.imgur.com/KxJZ5cT.jpg ). :)