Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Glasslock Food Storage Set, 26-piece $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2022 5:48 pm
[OP]
Aug 19, 2011
114 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Glasslock Food Storage Set, 26-piece $19.99

Reviews are not very good, lots of people complain about the lids, but they are actually not that bad, I bought a set few months ago, found out that they are actually pretty easy when I place the sealing rings at the right position.
Images
  • Captdddure.JPG
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 29th, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed retailer field so it's better for searches
74 replies
Jun 12, 2014
372 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks OP, I saw it but hesitated cause of the reviews.

Can anyone else chime in? Is it really just user error?
Frugalmeister
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28704 posts
9293 upvotes
Hamilton
That’s hot
hated on but respected.
Oct 18, 2015
20 posts
13 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
i feel like i ordered these before without a membership but maybe they changed it?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28704 posts
9293 upvotes
Hamilton
Frugalmeister wrote: Thanks OP, I saw it but hesitated cause of the reviews.

Idk. I find it when you microwave your food with lids on. Then it’s harder to close at times.
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2173 posts
2304 upvotes
Waterloo, ON

yeah the lids are really tight. you have to use a lot of force to clamp all 4 sides down. compared to the pyrex and ikea ones i have, these are way worse.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1121 posts
3320 upvotes
Lids suck big time. These are ok at that price tho
Jan 4, 2019
957 posts
1072 upvotes
Sicklyslick wrote: yeah the lids are really tight. you have to use a lot of force to clamp all 4 sides down. compared to the pyrex and ikea ones i have, these are way worse.
Reposition the lid. It should be easy. If its off it will be hard.
Feb 22, 2018
432 posts
681 upvotes
gta

If you put them in the dishwasher it **** up the lids a bit and they become harder to close. Annoying but imo not a dealbreaker. Hand wash or just buck up and close them. You have to use close to but not quite the level of opening a new jar of pickles.
[OP]
Aug 19, 2011
114 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
I always take off the lids when microwave as recommended by the manufacture, it's actually quite easy on and off
Jul 10, 2018
147 posts
190 upvotes
Warehouse price? I guess on sale before I buy it lol
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1655 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
Have these currently not an issue for me to close it, but my mom does have difficulty and usually only closes 2 sides but as long as whats inside doesn’t need to be sealed properly (liquids) works fine this way as well
May 10, 2021
40 posts
46 upvotes

The lids are garbage compared to their older models. I have two sets of Glasslock and the old ones work fine. These ones can be impossible to close at times and the lid tabs will eventually snap/break because of the poor design tolerances (applies to the larger containers, the smaller ones seem easy to open/close).
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1655 posts
507 upvotes
Toronto
mitnek wrote: The lids are garbage compared to their older models. I have two sets of Glasslock and the old ones work fine. These ones can be impossible to close at times and the lid tabs will eventually snap/break because of the poor design tolerances (applies to the larger containers, the smaller ones seem easy to open/close).
Ah I wonder if the one I have now is the older version then? How can i tell ?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2009
1293 posts
1066 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. We already have those containers and they’re great. Ordered another set as a backup. Definitely recommended at this price!
May 28, 2016
361 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto
Been using these daily for 2+ years. Would definitely attribute the poor reviews to user error since they become really easy to close if you gently squeeze the lid & container together (with your lower palm and fingertips of the same hand) along the edge of the latch you're about to close.

Basically, you're temporarily compressing the seal next to the latch so there's much less force on the plastic latch.
Jun 25, 2017
142 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
I have 2 of these sets. Yes , if you microwave the lid, it can be really difficult to snap them close. Especially the bigger containers. Don't microwave the lids and you should be fine.
It's a perfect set with assortment of sizes and for the price, you can't go wrong. Glass is really strong and has taken more than few falls without any chips.
Oct 18, 2022
22 posts
193 upvotes
Bought these in June at the warehouse for 34.99. The lids are a little finicky but once you figure out how to lock them, they're fine. I've gotten used to them and for this price, you can't go wrong.

Didn't run into the issue with the seals some reviews mentioned; I don't microwave the lids.
Aug 1, 2020
212 posts
211 upvotes
Durham, ON
Anyone know if these are cheaper in warehouse?
Oct 18, 2022
22 posts
193 upvotes
Janajda wrote: Anyone know if these are cheaper in warehouse?
Don't think they're sold in the warehouse anymore. I bought them in June for 34.99 + tax