Entertainment

Global/CBS 'Evil' (X-Files-ish procedural--Good Wife pedigree)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2021 8:08 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
14831 posts
7544 upvotes
Toronto

Global/CBS 'Evil' (X-Files-ish procedural--Good Wife pedigree)

Maybe more Exorcist than X-Files

First broadcast renewal of the 2019 fall season
Initial order of 13 episodes will air to completion and won't be expanded but CBS has ordered a second season (presumably airing next fall)
Most recent episode was super creepy (YMMV) with a child luring VR "game" and a separate narrative about a family's amoral sociopath son
Jeebus, that Mike Colter is a handsome dude!
17 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3697 posts
2687 upvotes
toronto
this looks good. how can i watch this, i am assuming i missed a few episodes
Got that ZOOMER account!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5133 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
It's a good show. Been watching it since it aired.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
14831 posts
7544 upvotes
Toronto
They really piled on the bad news in the season finale
The evil is too deeply ingrained in some institutions I'm not sure they can defeat it
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15232 posts
19268 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: I believe Global/Corus still has the rights but can't find Canadian availability for season 2

https://www.thrillist.com/amphtml/enter ... n-2-primer
Where can I watch season 2 of “Evil” in Canada?
https://www.wherecaniwatch.ca/evil-cbs- ... us-canada/
Since Evil is no longer airing on CBS – meaning Global can no longer benefit from simultaneous substitution when simulcasting the show – it's much less likely that future seasons will air on Global, and more likely it'll move to one of Corus' cable channels like Showcase.

That's assuming, of course, that Corus has retained the rights. We think that's likely, since Corus has had good relations with CBS in the past, even for "Paramount+ Originals" like The Good Fight (new episodes of which still debut in Canada on W Network).

But it's possible that the rights have reverted to CBS, in which case they might choose to debut new episodes going forward on Paramount+ in Canada – where season 1 of Evil is currently streaming – or sell debut rights to another service like Amazon Prime Video. To be clear however, to our knowledge, nothing to that effect has been announced, though we may get a bit more clarity once the new season is released stateside on June 20.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3704 posts
2630 upvotes
B.C.
Dhanushan wrote: Where can I watch season 2 of “Evil” in Canada?
You can subscribe to Paramount+ and it will be there. You can get a seven-day free trial for episode 1 at least. Or you could try the IPTV route I suppose.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15232 posts
19268 upvotes
Toronto
TheHans wrote: You can subscribe to Paramount+ and it will be there. You can get a seven-day free trial for episode 1 at least. Or you could try the IPTV route I suppose.
U.S. subscribers to Paramount+ will be able to watch season 2 of Evil when it debuts on Sunday, June 20, 2021.

"season 2 does not appear to be available on Paramount+ in Canada (based on what's listed for the Paramount+ channel on Apple TV)."

From Where Can I Watch
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3704 posts
2630 upvotes
B.C.
Dhanushan wrote:
"season 2 does not appear to be available on Paramount+ in Canada (based on what's listed for the Paramount+ channel on Apple TV)."

From Where Can I Watch
Wow, that sucks if true. I wonder if a person with Paramount+ Canada could login using a U.S. VPN server and it would default to Paramount+ U.S.? Netflix did that. I don't know if it still does. It would take someone with Paramount+ Canada to try it out. Perhaps that's a solution, as is IPTV.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3704 posts
2630 upvotes
B.C.
jenviea wrote: I see P+ didn't binge drop S2 but what's up with the Sesame Street titles

http://epguides.com/evil/

Doesn't seem to spell anything
The first one relates to the episode for sure. There's a discovery at the end of the first season that might explain that title structure. Paramount+ shows are rarely binge watches, similar to Apple TV+.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3704 posts
2630 upvotes
B.C.
jenviea wrote: Renewed as the Kings close a broader deal with CBS

https://deadline.com/2021/07/evil-renew ... 234788119/
The season's brilliant so far. Possibly better than the first. They added Andrea Martin too. Such clever writing. The same for "The Good Fight." Those Kings are a talented pair.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6931 posts
2574 upvotes
Vancouver
I enjoyed the 1st season. Will try 2nd.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3057 posts
640 upvotes
Pickering
I agree, season 2 seems more refined, Wife and I are really enjoying it so far.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2649 posts
208 upvotes
Is there a legit way to watch season 2 in Canada? Or does it mean I have to resort to other methods as I did the Paramount plus trial and it sucks compared to what the US version has on theirs
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15232 posts
19268 upvotes
Toronto
BlazinTrini wrote: Is there a legit way to watch season 2 in Canada? Or does it mean I have to resort to other methods as I did the Paramount plus trial and it sucks compared to what the US version has on theirs
Season 2 is not streaming in Canada currently
Source: https://www.justwatch.com/ca/tv-show/evil/season-2

from https://www.wherecaniwatch.ca/evil-cbs- ... us-canada/
Since Evil is no longer airing on CBS – meaning Global can no longer benefit from simultaneous substitution when simulcasting the show – it's much less likely that future seasons will air on Global, and more likely it'll move to one of Corus' cable channels like Showcase.

That's assuming, of course, that Corus has retained the rights. We think that's likely, since Corus has had good relations with CBS for other programming. In particular, despite a scaled-back version of Paramount+ now being available in Canada, Corus has retained rights to some "Paramount+ Originals" like The Good Fight (new episodes of which still debut in Canada on W Network).

But it's possible that the rights have reverted to CBS, in which case they might choose to debut new episodes going forward on Paramount+ in Canada – where season 1 of Evil is currently streaming – or sell debut rights to another service like Amazon Prime Video.
Destiny is all