• Apr 18th, 2020 3:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3499 posts
3769 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] Global News 24/7 Live Coverage Free for Amazon Prime Video

I know many might not have cable so this is a good alternative to keeping up with what's going on in the world,

Hope it helps, enjoy.

https://www.primevideo.com/region/na/st ... GlobalNews
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 7th, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
47 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5168 posts
3876 upvotes
Word of advice guys. Be in the the know but don't follow too close. Too much news is not healthy for your mental state, especially under isolation.

I have now limited myself to just the AB briefings in the afternoon and CBC The National once a while since they are doing a lot of positive Canadian stories.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1569 posts
7706 upvotes
CBC News has always done live streaming and is less sensationalist than Global News. Global has really gone the way of US networks lately and does a lot of "title bait" and "you won't believe what happened in X situation".
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43570 posts
4197 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For those in the GTA, CP24 now is also free even though it asks you to login with your Bell account. Just click X and it still plays.
Artisan woodworker crafting cutting boards, custom wood furniture, tables, home decor, and more!
Instagram @studiocanopy

***For Sale*** Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Freud 10" 80T Ultimate Cut Off Blade | Heatware
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2411 posts
425 upvotes
Vancouver
Nexzen wrote: I know many might not have cable so this is a good alternative to keeping up with what's going on in the world,

Hope it helps, enjoy.

https://www.primevideo.com/region/na/st ... GlobalNews
Can I view it on my fire stick? I dont' have prime membership anymore but this seems free, though I would not know how to access on my fire stick.
martydxb wrote: Thanks for posting, for those who dont have prime, I was able to get it steaming with ads off the main site, my example:
https://globalnews.ca/live/toronto/
I use this but for BC, I have really bad luck with it, the video keeps freezing during live casts, it will just cut off and the screen will go blank.
Apr 5, 2018
56 posts
36 upvotes
I listen to French news with a free antenna. I dont understand French - but keeps me company during isolation. Will try this instead.
Mar 8, 2015
503 posts
1431 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I don't think this is a deal, It was always free to stream on the Global Calgary website, and besides you can always get it OTA with a DIY HD antenna
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4456 posts
1022 upvotes
Wat
Mobdro anyone?

Thanks OP, i'll use this for global tv to make use of my prime membership. Otherwise my prime membership is useless right now.
Jun 6, 2017
120 posts
39 upvotes
I have prime membership but I think you could go to Amazon Silk browser and type in either as search and fetch it or web address and it plays... I tried with CP 24 as it is more local to me in Toronto. Thanks.
xiaobao wrote: Can I view it on my fire stick? I dont' have prime membership anymore but this seems free, though I would not know how to access on my fire stick.

I use this but for BC, I have really bad luck with it, the video keeps freezing during live casts, it will just cut off and the screen will go blank.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)