Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Globe and Mail

The Globe and Mail 1-year subscription for $0.99 per week

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2023 11:21 pm
May 25, 2022
139 posts
1091 upvotes
Ottawa
sks8100 wrote:
No offence taken. I hear you. I’m not a frequent reader. I’ll pick up a paper once a week
Point taken tho
Canadian spirit, my friend. Thanks for taking it positively.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3916 posts
2904 upvotes
Markham
augustman2 wrote: I understand you are looking for better deals and it's good you found a way. But guys, I urge you to support local media. I would rather read WSJ or NYT for free through Canadian libraries (they already must be paying) than not pay for Canadian news. It doesn't matter whether your political orientation is left or right, just pay for Canadian stuff. Hope I didn't offend you all.

P.S. This is coming from an immigrant who was in USA for many years and, by choice, moved to Canada. I love this country, the wonderful people, and am making every effort to support the local economy. I request that you do too.
I believe my local library has a bulk license with PressReader, which in turn pays the newspaper. Obv that’s wholesale pricing and not retail.

For those who are subscribing to the 0.99, check to make sure u r getting the digital version of the paper version, if paper version is what u r after.
They also have a digital subscription which is not the exact copy of the paper version and cost less and also offer less.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1426 posts
2391 upvotes
richmond hill
I’d consider it if it was a hard copy…I’m not much of a digital guy
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2020
1386 posts
1012 upvotes
panditji wrote: Not sure if people are aware of archive.ph, it's a easy way to bypass most paywall news sites.

By no means am I suggesting that people don't pay for the news but one can't possibly be expected to subscribe to each and every news site. I wish there was a reasonably priced service like Netflix for news that you could pay for and never have to encounter these paywalls.
Sorry how does this work?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2020
1386 posts
1012 upvotes
sunnysidesolutions wrote: I'm just here to point out that your local library probably has free access to the digital edition through their website using your library card. It's worth checking.
If you still have a university library access or someone in your immediate family does... You definitely already have free access to the digital edition.
Not the globe, but toronto library you can get sun, star, wall street journal
Nov 10, 2014
172 posts
93 upvotes
Windsor, ON
very good deal. $4.50 per month for 1 year.... so about $54 per year. good price. Good newspaper for business information
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6198 posts
9957 upvotes
Ontario
samson wrote: My sub ends in 3 weeks. Called in today to cancel. They offered me 2.49 per week, then 1.99 per week and then finally 0.99 per week but for 24 weeks. She went back and forth consulting their "imaginary" supervisor which responded in like 1 sec. Anyways, I cancelled and I'll sign up if this deal is still available in 3 weeks.
Could you have extended your current sub by applying for this offer? Or just have it overlap for 3 weeks and lose just $3?

Does anyone know when this offer expires?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
2055 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
kiiaal wrote: Could you have extended your current sub by applying for this offer? Or just have it overlap for 3 weeks and lose just $3?

Does anyone know when this offer expires?
Not sure if you could extend.
Maybe Better to just open an acct with a new email.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10943 posts
13445 upvotes
samson wrote: Not sure if you could extend.
Maybe Better to just open an acct with a new email.
That's what I've had to do in the past. You never know when they will stop the promo.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Jun 5, 2007
582 posts
269 upvotes
North York
I clicked on the link and it takes me to the payment page but it doesn't tell me what I'll be charged? Kinda scary
Jul 31, 2021
216 posts
601 upvotes
Stupido wrote: Sorry how does this work?
When you encounter a paywalled article, you goto the website - archive.ph and put in the URL. They'll bypass the paywall and you can read the news article. There is also a chrome addon, so you just click a button and the paywall goes away.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
2183 posts
2385 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP, I've been waiting for a deal like this to subscribe again. Ahh, my reading material of choice for when I can't fall asleep at night... :)
Jun 22, 2015
114 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
savemoresaveoften wrote: Markham uses PressReader which excludes G&M. I will try the VPN trick and take a look, thanks.
I tried the vpn trick but was not able to get it to work. Any other ways to get it to work?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3180 posts
3133 upvotes
I think it's less than a dollar if you factor in the tax rebate
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2016
1046 posts
986 upvotes
Comox Valley
raptorsTO wrote: I tried the vpn trick but was not able to get it to work. Any other ways to get it to work?
I seen your post, and I tried again with Windscribe, and did not work. I tried again 1 hour later with NordVPN, and Windscribe and they both worked that time. Might be a hit or miss.
Images
  • D5A3F777-D77A-48E4-B426-D133ABB1C93F.jpeg
Jun 22, 2015
114 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
User452441 wrote: I seen your post, and I tried again with Windscribe, and did not work. I tried again 1 hour later with NordVPN, and Windscribe and they both worked that time. Might be a hit or miss.
Just gave it a try. It worked!
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2015
1462 posts
1867 upvotes
It looks like this deal may be dead. I got the following message "The promo code you entered is either invalid or no longer active. "
Apr 13, 2005
560 posts
256 upvotes
Currently available for 1.50/wk for 52 weeks.
Apr 28, 2019
501 posts
626 upvotes
The deal seems to be dead, would love to join any group subscriptions! Thank you.
Jun 7, 2017
63 posts
182 upvotes
Don't they all buy articles from thr Canadian Press and republish them? CPO news...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)