Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Globe and Mail

The Globe and Mail 1-year subscription for $0.99 per week

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2023 11:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1659 posts
1166 upvotes
ottawa
Does someone have a link to an overview of newspapers? aka reputability, bias, quality, etc? I'm severely ignorant.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1350 posts
1343 upvotes
Southern Ontario
gordga wrote: I pay for G&M subscription - its great content. Honestly if no one pays then they will not be able to create Canadian specific content.
Well Canada's richest man, David Thomson, owns The Globe. And Trudeau is subsidizing him with taxpayers money...
Jan 12, 2005
907 posts
96 upvotes
@augustman2 upvoted for good deal and agreement on paying for professional journalism
Oct 27, 2021
461 posts
936 upvotes
I currently subscribe to The Globe & Mail on a $3.49/week promo (52 weeks). I see there is a holiday special of $1.99/week (52 weeks) but was denied when I called in. The agent advised it is for new subscribers only, although I do not see that stipulation on the website. Just wondering if this pushback is normal for subscribers wanting a better deal?
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10945 posts
13446 upvotes
The Globe and Mail owners are delusional. The current promotional offer is $1.50/week. See attached.

Barron's, the WSJ and the NYT's most recent promo's were $2 CAD/month or per 4 weeks; whereas, the Globe's "regular price has gone up from $6.99/wk to $7.99.
Images
  • Globe and Mail 799.JPG
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
2138 posts
2551 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
MrMom wrote: The Globe and Mail owners are delusional. The current promotional offer is $1.50/week....
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, serious news organizations need actual money to produce quality news. If you keeping cutting your price, you have to cut people and the quality drops. Eventually, you're no better than the one-man-bands that give away their "news" on the web. Honestly, $1.50 per week for a newspaper is cheaper than the daily cost of the cup of coffee one drinks at Starbucks or Tims while reading said paper. Brew your own coffee at home? It's still more expensive per week than the price of the paper.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10945 posts
13446 upvotes
tvisforme wrote: At the risk of sounding like a broken record, serious news organizations need actual money to produce quality news. If you keeping cutting your price, you have to cut people and the quality drops. Eventually, you're no better than the one-man-bands that give away their "news" on the web. Honestly, $1.50 per week for a newspaper is cheaper than the daily cost of the cup of coffee one drinks at Starbucks or Tims while reading said paper. Brew your own coffee at home? It's still more expensive per week than the price of the paper.
That is true and I choose to subscribe at a discounted rate. But there is little original reporting being done by Globe writers now. Much less than by either the WSJ or NYT's. And I do brew my own. TH's is swill.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Apr 28, 2019
501 posts
627 upvotes
Upvoted for more awareness about professional journalism and to encourage more readership for quality Canadian business newspaper.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)