• Feb 28th, 2012 2:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1307 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto

Glory Hole Doughnuts

This Toronto gourmet doughnut place has been making a name for itself lately, online anyway. I had the chance to try two doughnuts and I gotta say... gawddamn they're good.

http://www.gloryholedoughnuts.com/

100% handmade, fresh baked in the early morning, pretty big (almost twice the size of Timmies doughnuts), sweet, very soft, great flavours (I had the coconut and chicken waffle), rich and filling.

There are many drawbacks though, since it's a very busy independent business, service is lacking. Only two (downtown) places sell'em on specific days of the week, you gotta get there early at opening (which is what I had to do on my day off), otherwise they'll sell out within an hour, they're frickin expensive for doughnuts ($4 each), and even if ordered in advance (e-mail only, no phone orders), there is no guarantee you'll get them within two days, heck, you may not even get a reply e-mail in two days, and if you do, it'll take another one or two days to get an order confirmation and invoice.

I was finally able to get an order in for one dozen ($50!) for Wednesday, and it only took one week of nearly 10 e-mails to get it, and still have yet to receive an invoice/confirmation :|

But it's still worth the wait... cuz the doughnuts are frickin good.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
with a name like that, how can it not be successful? :razz:

they should franchise. we need one of those shops in montreal

pictures: https://twitter.com/#!/GHoleDoughnuts/media/grid

looks sooooooo good!
have you seen boxing day? if you have any infos that can help us locate him, please contact us @ 1‒800‒867‒5309

(V)^,,,,^(V) woop woop woop woop woop
flashy_mcflash wrote: haha. Though seriously, what a ridiculous year for CG to be trendy. If there was one year NOT to spend $600 on a coat, it was this winter.
Mar 12, 2008
985 posts
19 upvotes
Wish they were outside of Toronto. Those donuts look great. Hard to find donuts outside of Tim's and those prepackaged ones in grocercy stores.

Dumb name though, good luck marketing that. Should've gone with "Diarrhea Donuts: Explosive Flavor"
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10074 posts
4451 upvotes
Toronto
LordofthePing wrote: Wish they were outside of Toronto. Those donuts look great. Hard to find donuts outside of Tim's and those prepackaged ones in grocercy stores.

Dumb name though, good luck marketing that. Should've gone with "Diarrhea Donuts: Explosive Flavor"

your avatar looks like it's a got a bit of glory hole action going on.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1004 upvotes
N/A
i guess they use the morning wood to puncture and fill the donuts.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)