Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GM Canada

GM: 500$ Costco card with purchase (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2019 2:48 pm
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
If you wish to shake your fist and shout into the void over how terrible GM is and Oshawa must be vindicated, please visit this thread: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/gm-clos ... s-2242729/
If you wish to discuss how terrible GM products are and how you'll be a terrible person for buying one, please visit this forum: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/automotive-f40/

If you wish to actually talk about .. the deal please remain in this thread.
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
RobertL059 wrote: It's not really unsubstantiated.. GM's have a horrible reliability record over the last 10 years.
Please provide a source.

I think an extra $500 from Costco is better than none and I have never had any major issues with my GM cars.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2780 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Please provide a source.

I think an extra $500 from Costco is better than none and I have never had any major issues with my GM cars.
Agreed! Just got an email from Costco about this EXCLUSIVE OFFER on SUVs & Crossovers. Includes the following models!

Chev Traverse, seating for up to eight! Maximize performance in varying road conditions with available Switchable AWD and Traction Mode Select. You know nothing handles better than this awesome 8 seater.

Buick Encore, The Buick Encore offers nimble handling and interior noise-cancellation with available comforts such as heated steering wheel, heated front seats and in-vehicle air purification system. This little car comes with its own air filter to help you with GTA Smog. What more can you ask for

Cadillac XT5, If you want to make a statement every time you arrive at your destination, look no further than the Cadillac XT5. Because everyone will look at you with their Jaws open as you drive up in a Cadillac! Especially in the GTA area!

GMC Terrain Denali! small SUVs with a striking exterior design and a powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged engine that delivers an estimated 11.2/9.0 L/100 KM . How can you say no to OEM BOOST! say bye bye to vtech.

+ many more models...

Hurry up before they run out of cars for you, you know... rfd effect... I can already see long line ups and people camping out at the dealerships. But rest assured, none of these models are made in the GM plants that are being closed off so supply shouldn't be a problem.

Most of these cars also exist in Consumer Report survey done in Oct 2018... so buy with confidence!

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-rel ... able-cars/
Mar 18, 2017
33 posts
36 upvotes
Is this $500 at Costco Mexico? Shame on GM Canada already bailed these jokers out. I will never buy GM.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
A lot of GM hate here. Not surprised - people are passionate about their cars.

Is this a good deal? Not really. Is it enough to convince me to buy one of the vehicles on this list? Not really. Still, it's a decent little bonus if I was in the market for one of these vehicles.

I'm not right now but neither am I allergic to GM. I'm unhappy that they're closing their Oshawa plant but I understand the economics of this business and, frankly, GM is doing exactly what every other auto manufacturer is doing. I will absolutely consider a General Motors vehicle if it delivers what I am looking for whenever I am in the market.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
1000 posts
409 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
RobertL059 wrote: having her oil pan fall off her car driving down the highway...
1920 called...they want their oil pan back.

No current GM products have oil pans - so cut the BS.
Apr 13, 2017
183 posts
227 upvotes
Winnipeg
one-cheap-guy wrote: 1920 called...they want their oil pan back.

No current GM products have oil pans - so cut the BS.

Do me a favor, never work on a car because you have no idea what your talking about.. Especially given 1) there's a part number for it 2) I can also order it online

C0A6955E-14F2-4735-A5E4-D7C8D396BF5C.png
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
RobertL059 wrote: Do me a favor, never work on a car because you have no idea what your talking about.. Especially given 1) there's a part number for it 2) I can also order it online

C0A6955E-14F2-4735-A5E4-D7C8D396BF5C.png
Yeah. vehicles still have oil pans. They are rarely removed like they were routinely once upon a time - usually limited to internal issues or a gasket leak. Odd that one just fell off a relatively new vehicle. I have never heard of such a thing. Was it after a mechanic did a poor job reinstalling it after an oil pump or gasket job?
Jul 31, 2005
138 posts
43 upvotes
A retired mechanic for 50 years, an American from Houston, TX: Scotty Kilmer explains it:
Youtube: "The Truth About GM’s Huge Layoffs and Why You Should Be Mad About It."
I can't post the link, my previous post got deleted.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
CaptSmethwick wrote: Is this a good deal? Not really. Is it enough to convince me to buy one of the vehicles on this list? Not really. Still, it's a decent little bonus if I was in the market for one of these vehicles.
Funny how when people buy a $25,000 car $500 doesn't seem like a lot of money but if you were buying a couch for $1500, $500 off would be huge and you would jump all over it.

These are like the Jedi mind tricks salespeople like to play. An extra $500 for this and an extra $20/month for that.

Personally I negotiate every dollar I can down and I go through all the fees and add on charges with a fine tooth comb. $500 is substantial to almost all people no matter how much the car costs. Maybe it's not going to pull me to one car or another but if I'm buying another $500 is a good deal to me!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2780 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Funny how when people buy a $25,000 car $500 doesn't seem like a lot of money but if you were buying a couch for $1500, $500 off would be huge and you would jump all over it.

These are like the Jedi mind tricks salespeople like to play. An extra $500 for this and an extra $20/month for that.

Personally I negotiate every dollar I can down and I go through all the fees and add on charges with a fine tooth comb. $500 is substantial to almost all people no matter how much the car costs. Maybe it's not going to pull me to one car or another but if I'm buying another $500 is a good deal to me!
Lol. U mean those buying a 911 gt3 gonna care about 500 dollar discount? Their oil change is 500 bucks lol.

500 bucks off 10 k item is not a deal. 500 buck off a 501 dollar item is an amazing deal. But again the product matters. If i offer my used sock for 501 dollars and give u 500 dollar costco card u wont think its a good deal. Right? Or would you. Lol
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote: Lol. U mean those buying a 911 gt3 gonna care about 500 dollar discount? Their oil change is 500 bucks lol.

500 bucks off 10 k item is not a deal. 500 buck off a 501 dollar item is an amazing deal. But again the product matters. If i offer my used sock for 501 dollars and give u 500 dollar costco card u wont think its a good deal. Right? Or would you. Lol
2 things

1. I don't think people buying a 911s are on this site. If I was buying a Porsche, I would totally grind for $500 if I thought I could get it.
2. If you think $500 has a different value depending on what you are buying then you don't understand the value of money.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
kool1 wrote: Funny how when people buy a $25,000 car $500 doesn't seem like a lot of money but if you were buying a couch for $1500, $500 off would be huge and you would jump all over it.

I don't disagree - it's a nice little bonus for sure. I personally don't think that $500 off a $50k vehicle is a "deal" but I'm happy to take it.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
CaptSmethwick wrote: I don't disagree - it's a nice little bonus for sure. I personally don't think that $500 off a $50k vehicle is a "deal" but I'm happy to take it.
As mentioned.. It's also preferred pricing that you get with the $500.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2780 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: 2 things

1. I don't think people buying a 911s are on this site. If I was buying a Porsche, I would totally grind for $500 if I thought I could get it.
2. If you think $500 has a different value depending on what you are buying then you don't understand the value of money.
Lol, u think this site is only who can afford a GM car? I know people on here with 5 ducatis in their basement just cause it looks nice. the thing is if you are buying a porsche, not that you would because you would rather buy a corvette because its GM, you would not grind for 500, you'd be ginding for 5k that might pay for a set of brake pads. Noone is grinding for 500 off a porsche.

value of 500 is always 500. however, the perceived value of 500 is subjective. at the end of the day, this is not a good deal, just look at the votes. rfd has spoken
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2780 posts
4017 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: As mentioned.. It's also preferred pricing that you get with the $500.
you can get this pricing any day. lol... just like their employee pricing?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
kool1 wrote: As mentioned.. It's also preferred pricing that you get with the $500.
Please don't assume that other people don't read or cannot comprehend. I really doubt that anybody's "preferred pricing" does any better than what an informed person can negotiate so the pricing part of it does not represent a "deal" to me. That being said, if it's haggle-free, that's worth something.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Is Budds BMW going to run a similar 2 year lease special as they have in the past every 2 years (ie. 2017)?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
My friends 2016 Ford Escape water pump went out.. warranty did nothing
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
It does make you wonder when a company "discounts" the products big time, you wonder why sometimes.

Look at Canadian Tire flyer, everything is 70-80% off. Yet, you go to Home Depot, might find something on sale for 10% or regular price which is STILL cheaper than Canadian Tire and a better product, AND BETTER customer service AFTER the sale.

I wonder if the supposedly "$500 off" actually entices people to buy GM? I would think most people think it's a shill numbers game.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)