• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2021 9:54 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
22137 posts
8496 upvotes
Socially Distanced

Gmail e-mails missing

I was trying to set a recurring e-mail to auto archive and then Gmail froze and gave some error and now all my e-mails under all tabs are gone.
They seem to have all archived, including all the ones with current tasks i need to work on.

Is there any way to undo this, sorting through 15,000 emails to find the ones i need now would take forever as some are long term projects.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
12 replies
Jr. Member
Apr 19, 2014
182 posts
175 upvotes
Markham, ON
Ouff.
That's going to be tough to undo the labels being removed.
I'm not sure if there's an easy process, but to create new search filters to do manually do it in bulk.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
22137 posts
8496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
ThiruIO wrote: Ouff.
That's going to be tough to undo the labels being removed.
I'm not sure if there's an easy process, but to create new search filters to do manually do it in bulk.
I know, its insane, i don't even know if all future e-mails are going straight into archive or what.
I wish i could just search and reconstruct but some are years old, i tried to get a human at Google, their multiple numbers and phone systems are designed to keep anyone finding a human to talk to.
If anyone has a number that leads to a human please post it.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
22137 posts
8496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
I have confirmed every new e-mail now goes straight to archived Confused Face
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 23, 2003
15553 posts
3857 upvotes
Toronto
I suspect you might have already tried this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/ ... roid&hl=en

If you open a ticket, there will be someone who can help you out. That being said, if you feel that you are getting nowhere, email sundar@google.com and that will get everyone's attention :)
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
22137 posts
8496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
hightech wrote: I suspect you might have already tried this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/ ... roid&hl=en
This doesn't apply, all inboxes got archived from a software glitch and new messaged are automatically archived.
If you open a ticket, there will be someone who can help you out. That being said, if you feel that you are getting nowhere, email sundar@google.com and that will get everyone's attention :)
How do i open a ticket?

Who is Sundar?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 29, 2018
1405 posts
973 upvotes
Vancouver
I think you may have set up a Filter inadvertently to send All mails to Archive.

Support may be able to help.
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
22137 posts
8496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
kramer1 wrote: I think you may have set up a Filter inadvertently to send All mails to Archive.

Support may be able to help.
How do i get to support?
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1392 posts
813 upvotes
ottawa
hightech wrote: I suspect you might have already tried this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/ ... roid&hl=en

If you open a ticket, there will be someone who can help you out. That being said, if you feel that you are getting nowhere, email sundar@google.com and that will get everyone's attention :)
Ugh please don't do this.

People email the CEO at our company all the time and it just gets forwarded to my team. Does it make me want to help you any more? No, especially if you're a 'potential' customer, you're guaranteed to never be a customer because the amount of work required post-sales is going to not be worth the profit from the sale.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1392 posts
813 upvotes
ottawa
Quentin5 wrote: How do i get to support?
Do you have any filters if you navigate here:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/filters
?

I seem to have many many filters so it's easy to have one slip through the cracks, especially if your filter is if 'from matches * then archive' that would easily send everything straight through to archive.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 23, 2003
15553 posts
3857 upvotes
Toronto
barqers wrote: Ugh please don't do this.

People email the CEO at our company all the time and it just gets forwarded to my team. Does it make me want to help you any more? No, especially if you're a 'potential' customer, you're guaranteed to never be a customer because the amount of work required post-sales is going to not be worth the profit from the sale.
You forget, it's harder to ignore a person when the CEO sends them an email. In my experience, sending things to the CEO gets my job done at an accelerated rate when other approaches don't seem to get the traction they should be.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1392 posts
813 upvotes
ottawa
hightech wrote:
You forget, it's harder to ignore a person when the CEO sends them an email. In my experience, sending things to the CEO gets my job done at an accelerated rate when other approaches don't seem to get the traction they should be.
Maybe depends what industry you're in but if you email a ceo before even trying to go through the proper channels then that's just too much in my opinion.

Especially the ceo of Google. I get it if it's it's company of 50 but a company of thousands with billions of customers? I don't think you'd have more success emailing him than say the director of it support or something. Can't imagine how many emails he gets a day. Probably has a private internal email.

Top