GMC Sierra front bumper scrape

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 5:07 am
[OP]
Nov 27, 2019
29 posts
20 upvotes

GMC Sierra front bumper scrape

Well I’m an idiot and scraped my truck on a parking garage wall while not paying attention to the passenger side bumper. I figure I’m looking at $1500-2000 for repair, does that sound reasonable? Truck is less than 2 years old so I gotta get it back to looking pristine ASAP lol.

Btw in east end GTA if anyone has recommendations for shop. Thanks
Images
  • 3F659A5C-8635-4CD9-8A22-78CDB6632911.jpeg
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2991 posts
662 upvotes
Ancaster
If you want it done properly that is the going rate for body and paint work nowadays.
Dec 30, 2019
105 posts
63 upvotes
I'd expect to pay around $400-500 after tax if they can work with the existing bumper.
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1657 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Macfuzza wrote: I'd expect to pay around $400-500 after tax if they can work with the existing bumper.
That mixes the paint and primes the gun. You doing your own work. Most shops don't rock CT rattlecan.
Dec 30, 2019
105 posts
63 upvotes
KevinM56081 wrote: That mixes the paint and primes the gun. You doing your own work. Most shops don't rock CT rattlecan.
Depends where you take it I suppose. Had my truck's passenger front fender redone after quite a large area of paint lost adhesion. It ran me $430 taxes in. It's dark metallic blue and the repair turned out excellent.

If the bumper skin itself needs replacement, I'd imagine $2000 minimum. Hard to tell from the picture if that crease is smeared right off or not.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2937 posts
1433 upvotes
Mississauga
Does your Sierra have a front cross traffic sensor? The sensors could limit how your bumper can repaired as the they(lidar/radar) are sometime behind that edge of the bumper. You can't use filler over or within 25cm of where the sensor is located. There is also the minimum paint thickness.

At 2 years old your bumper with have minor scoffs from road debris which need to be smoothened out before a respray. Assuming the bumper can be re-used your quote is spot on.

My wife's car got a similar but smaller scrape last year. $750 was for partial bumper spray but a keen eye will notice a blend like this at certain angles.
$1500 for the whole bumper respray. Tax is extra
Sep 28, 2006
425 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
That sounds about right. They will take out the bumper, scrape it entirely and repaint it if IIRC. The cost to repaint my Altima bumper 10 years ago was about 800 bucks, so for this one it sound about right.

I would get a second quote with Corporate Fleet Appraisal in Milton. They do great work for the cars for the nearby auction, but Im not sure how expensive they have gotten.
Feb 6, 2018
106 posts
28 upvotes
That s*cks! If you're planning to keep your truck for several years, have it done professionally.