Hot Deals

[GO Transit] $10 GO Transit unlimited Sundays are back! Free for kids 12 and under

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 9:51 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21131 posts
23330 upvotes
Toronto

$10 GO Transit unlimited Sundays are back! Free for kids 12 and under

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Retailer:
GO Transit
Depending on how you feel about traveling during COVID-19. Metrolink has now made masks mandatory. They have implemented plastic shields between seats and enhanced cleaning protocols.

previous thread

Remember also that it's always free for kids age 12 and under so perfect for family trips (Niagara Falls, etc)

more info here

It is a fair distance walk from train station to the falls.

If you want to take WEGO bus from train station in Niagara Falls instead of walking, they only sell ride all day passes good for 24 hrs minimum

https://wegoniagarafalls.com/fares/

Rates Adult (13+ years old) Child (6-12 years old)
48-Hour Pass $14.00 $10.00
24-Hour Pass $9.00 $6.00
Children 5 and under ride for free all year!
All prices in Canadian $ and include tax.
All rates, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice

as for suggested activities, I finally did the rope course with my kids this week. We did the kid's course and still had a blast! Great workout, some scary bits if you're afraid of heights. Highly recommended. WEGO bus stops right at the course

http://niagarafalls.wildplay.com/whirlp ... re-course/

for fun, free activity consider hiking the Niagara Glen. Beautiful trail right down in Niagara River gorge

https://www.niagaraparks.com/visit/natu ... gara-glen/
Last edited by sprung on Oct 3rd, 2020 6:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
60 replies
May 18, 2010
81 posts
130 upvotes
Until the Province makes masks mandatory on GO, no thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2745 posts
402 upvotes
I don't understand the plexiglass plastic shield thing, it's a tiny divider that covers a seat beside you. But the way that the GO train seating goes is that there's a four seat in a cluster and two are facing each other. The only useful thing about those divider is to enable two passenger to seat in a cluster during rush hour but by then they could have lengthen the train since they basically cut the number of coaches in half or increase the number of trips since they cut those in half as well. You would probably feel more safer if they put a shield between clusters rather that the one beside each other.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7514 posts
2609 upvotes
This started on March 1. Not sure why you're posting this now, especially when GO service has been drastically reduced on all lines since then.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21131 posts
23330 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: This started on March 1. Not sure why you're posting this now, especially when GO service has been drastically reduced on all lines since then.
it'd been moved to expired deals. now it's summer and places like Niagara Falls are opening up their attractions.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7514 posts
2609 upvotes
sprung wrote: it'd been moved to expired deals. now it's summer and places like Niagara Falls are opening up their attractions.
There isn't even train service to Niagara right now, and the train-bus trip is a hassle and a half with the amount of stops the bus makes.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1536 posts
132 upvotes
For the uninitiated does this go to your preto card when you purchase online or is it a eTicket you show the bus driver?
Zoomer wireless $36/month: 5GB data + 800 minutes
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7464 posts
796 upvotes
Waterloo
redkulat wrote: I was looking forward to this pre-COVID. Was going to take my bike to Niagara and hit up some wineries. I hope they continue this indefinitely.
I'd love to join always wanted to ride my bike to Niagara lol
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2571 posts
156 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: For the uninitiated does this go to your preto card when you purchase online or is it a eTicket you show the bus driver?
it's an eticket that you show to the driver or fare inspector.

you buy online, get a confirmation email that has a link to activate the pass, click it and it'll activate (takes 5min to do so).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5833 posts
989 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: For the uninitiated does this go to your preto card when you purchase online or is it a eTicket you show the bus driver?
its an E ticket that has to be activated before you start your ride IIRC , keep it on the phone, I used it last time and it was checked by an officer , all seemed ok
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1536 posts
132 upvotes
I wish they'd make it integrate into the presto card. :( is there an expiry date to these tickets?couldnt one buy a bunch and just hold on to them in case this deal finishes?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5833 posts
989 upvotes
syntex101 wrote: I wish they'd make it integrate into the presto card. :( is there an expiry date to these tickets?couldnt one buy a bunch and just hold on to them in case this deal finishes?
They'll only be valid as long as the promo is on so don't buy a whole bunch, presto integration would have been nice - I am sure they could set a max limit on Sunday to $10
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378
Ole Gunnar IN!!!!
I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Jan 26, 2013
81 posts
81 upvotes
Vaughan

Unfortunately, you must purchase the ticket online ahead of time!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1536 posts
132 upvotes
Do you guys remember how long the last deal lasted? On the website you have to enter your point of departure and arrival. But as I understand it isn't it unlimited travel? Or are you restricted to what you entered online?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)