Hot Deals

[GO Transit] $10 GO Transit unlimited Sundays are back! Free for kids 12 and under

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 9:51 am
Jun 15, 2020
167 posts
182 upvotes
Ontario
I used this a lot last winter. A couple of things:
1. This is an e-ticket you show on your phone to the driver, and is not connected to your Presto Card.
2. There have been some horror stories of drivers not understanding/accepting the e-ticket, but I'm hoping that this has changed. Regardless, make sure you have enough money on your Presto Card as a backup so you don't get stranded somewhere.
3. You have to enter a "route" while buying this pass, even though it's valid for all buses and routes. GO basically haven't bothered updating their system to actually incorporate this pass, so you need to pick a dummy route (Stupid, I know). This causes the biggest issue among drivers accepting this pass. If you're taking a really convoluted route, I would recommend selecting the most expensive/least frequent part of your journey as the route as a precaution.
4. The e-ticket isn't static, and it opens up in a webpage on your phone, so you want to make sure you have internet when getting on the bus. Or, at the very least, don't close the tab.
5. Wear a mask.
May 2, 2015
481 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sassysue wrote: I'd love to join always wanted to ride my bike to Niagara lol
Hey there.. I would love to ride my bike there too. I will def do it if there are few people to join the group ride.

sorry others for hijacking this tread.
Feb 21, 2003
698 posts
430 upvotes
Richmond BC
GTA GTA GTA GTA GTA
Best deal: 2 boxes of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1536 posts
132 upvotes
trijunction wrote: Hey there.. I would love to ride my bike there too. I will def do it if there are few people to join the group ride.

I did this ride a couple of years back. They have a train that can store the bikes on the weekends. Not sure if it's still operational. It's definitely a trek, so break it up for a stop in Hamilton if you don't want to wake up at like the crack to dawn to get to Niagara before the last train leaves
Zoomer wireless $36/month: 5GB data + 800 minutes
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1711 posts
634 upvotes
Oakville
Do the Plexiglass adjacent to seats extend to the ceiling, given people can stand in the aisle, cough or sneeze? Is there plexiglass in the middle of the 4 seat pods too to block off people facing you?

Plexiglass galore!

Given how many emergency stops that had occurred prior to the pandemic... this'll only get worse with unhealthy people fainting from poor air circulation. Or people of girth screaming discrimination or inequality of service, if they can't squeeze between the plexiglass.

Might be easier to just mandate masks, instead of this show and tell of plexiglass.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7464 posts
796 upvotes
Waterloo
trijunction wrote: Hey there.. I would love to ride my bike there too. I will def do it if there are few people to join the group ride.

Dont forget the coronas Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat🤣Face With Tears Of Joy

Just got a new bike with 29 2" wheels and need to try it. I'm from cambridge
Sep 6, 2016
220 posts
74 upvotes
GTA
I upvoted, but will not be going anywhere near any crowd.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21131 posts
23330 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: There isn't even train service to Niagara right now, and the train-bus trip is a hassle and a half with the amount of stops the bus makes.
redkulat wrote: I was looking forward to this pre-COVID. Was going to take my bike to Niagara and hit up some wineries. I hope they continue this indefinitely.
sassysue wrote: I'd love to join always wanted to ride my bike to Niagara lol
consumerPI wrote: No more Niagara Train stop?
Dhanushan wrote: Suspended "temporarily" due to service reduction because of COVID-19

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/new ... elled.html
Check out the new weekend schedule

Leaving Toronto Union Station heading to Niagara Falls

8:51am, 12:51pm, 4:51pm and 8:51pm

Leaving Niagara Falls heading to Toronto Union Station

11:16am, 3:16pm, 7:16pm and 11:16pm

Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7464 posts
796 upvotes
Waterloo
Ok guys who's up for an all day fun ride to Niagara falls lol
Jun 3, 2011
32 posts
6 upvotes
Whitby
sassysue wrote: Ok guys who's up for an all day fun ride to Niagara falls lol
Crap.. its still worth going on the train and back for 10 bucks.. hehe
Maybe i do that and just hit up some brewery if theres one near by..Clinking Beer Mugs
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21558 posts
156701 upvotes
GTA
I had posted this in a NF thread in Travel, because we were thinking about a weekend getaway there (not specifically via GO). We thought it won't really be that crowded, but after seeing this video, no thanks.

Feb 2, 2017
960 posts
798 upvotes
It's actually a pretty good deal just for the train ride!

It would actually be kinda cool if it was dead on board and you were the only person :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)