God of War Ascension first 30 minutes....whoa

didn't expect it to look that good and have a story that good

8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2175 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
I'm so bored of this series' story. There's only so much of the "pissed-off psychopath" angle I can deal with even with it's usual great production values and good combat. I'll grab this when it's in the $15-20 bargain bin.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2663 posts
854 upvotes
Chatham
LSZ wrote: I'm so bored of this series' story. There's only so much of the "pissed-off psychopath" angle I can deal with even with it's usual great production values and good combat. I'll grab this when it's in the $15-20 bargain bin.
12 hours since your quote and no interest to argue it either way. I think that says something. I think a PS4 title in 3 years will maybe grab my interest. 4k side game with Venus! :)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1134 posts
274 upvotes
LSZ wrote: I'm so bored of this series' story. There's only so much of the "pissed-off psychopath" angle I can deal with even with it's usual great production values and good combat. I'll grab this when it's in the $15-20 bargain bin.
Same here. GOW3 was just rooms filled with guys to whack on - the story was horrible. And the constant "Kratos is super angry all the time" angle gets old fast.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10247 posts
4518 upvotes
Kratos is the anti-hero. He is usually just the lesser of evils. Similar to how the main protagonists are in Grand Theft Auto games are. They're all 'bad' guys, but are 'good' compared to most other bad people in their world.

However Kratos is arrogant and selfish most of the time. It could be argued that he is the villain in GoW III too, although it does blur the line between heroic actions and self-serving interests.

Although, Kratos' demeanor does fit in well with Greek Mythology.

dementia13 wrote: Same here. GOW3 was just rooms filled with guys to whack on - the story was horrible. And the constant "Kratos is super angry all the time" angle gets old fast.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
259 upvotes
x-factor wrote: Kratos is the anti-hero. He is usually just the lesser of evils. Similar to how the main protagonists are in Grand Theft Auto games are. They're all 'bad' guys, but are 'good' compared to most other bad people in their world.

However Kratos is arrogant and selfish most of the time. It could be argued that he is the villain in GoW III too, although it does blur the line between heroic actions and self-serving interests.

Although, Kratos' demeanor does fit in well with Greek Mythology.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2175 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
I just think that 3 was a solid end to the series. Kratos killed everything/everyone possible. There was no more story to tell. But money talks and the only way to continue the series was do another prequel and pad it with multiplayer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5930 posts
1608 upvotes
Milton
very tempted to watch but didnt want to see any spoiler. i already pre ordered the game @ ebgames for ingame goodies. doubt ill play the multiplayer hardcore tho. working on finishing gow ghost of sparta on my psp lol
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
427 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
GoW games are typically 8-12 hours in length, aka a weekend's rental. Damn, if only BBV didn't go out of business...