Price:
FREE
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
December 18, 2019
Retailer:
GOG
Postal 2 is free for the next ~45 hours on GOG. It's not as good as their last free game but free is still free.

EDIT: As some have pointed out, this game is for mature audiences. Definitely very gratuitous in the violence department. Please keep that in mind.
EDIT2: If you press the Postal 2 name at the top, it should auto-scroll down to where you can redeem the game.
Last edited by Roynsky on Dec 16th, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
30 replies
Nov 17, 2007
313 posts
869 upvotes
Canada
A heads up to parents, or anyone really:

I have a high level (too high I am sure) of tolerance for video game/movie violence, but this game truly takes it too far. This game is brutally voilent, disturbing and truly offensive just for the sake of being controversial.
Please understand I am not the PC police here: this game lets you kill animals and use them as silencers, pee on anyone at anytime including into your own mouth provoking you to choke on it, enter workplaces and murder people at random...and a lot more.

Free or not, I just cannot support games like this. Games have come too far to have crap like this still be prominantly featured and or given away.
I Love deals.
Feb 5, 2012
770 posts
574 upvotes
Montreal
Postal 2 right before Christmas, wow.

Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14433 posts
8823 upvotes
Toronto
AA7HBS wrote: A heads up to parents, or anyone really:

I have a high level (too high I am sure) of tolerance for video game/movie violence, but this game truly takes it too far. This game is brutally voilent, disturbing and truly offensive just for the sake of being controversial.
Please understand I am not the PC police here: this game lets you kill animals and use them as silencers, pee on anyone at anytime including into your own mouth provoking you to choke on it, enter workplaces and murder people at random...and a lot more.

Free or not, I just cannot support games like this. Games have come too far to have crap like this still be prominantly featured and or given away.
Postal is to video games like what the attitude era is to the wwe.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 18, 2018
323 posts
436 upvotes

I saw this offer in my email and claimed it (as another free game in my library that I'll likely never get to).
Then came here to see if anyone posted it.

Not that I disagree with the above quoted sentiment, but...
I still felt it necessary to mention that Postal is also free (not sure if it's always free, or part of the sale).

Postal 4 is not free, and Postal 3 doesn't seem to exist?
Last edited by a2younis on Dec 16th, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1391 posts
309 upvotes

You don't have to do any of the above.
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Dec 26, 2012
815 posts
606 upvotes
Quebec
carniver wrote: You don't have to do any of the above.
True, you can TECHNICALY beat the game without hardly firing any bullets but it's really hard (and a lot less fun)
The post above also barely scratches the surface of all the twisted stuff you can do in this game.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11672 posts
3068 upvotes
How do you get this? I am on the page, go to the "go to giveaway" button but it just takes me to the home page again, with the banner with the countdown timer, I click on the banner and it just scrolls down to the winter sale part... don't see how to add it to cart.

EDIT: Nevermind, scrolled down a little further and found the "get it free" button, all good...

thanks
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1138 posts
628 upvotes
Burlington
Postal 2 was quite amusing to play back in the day due to its lack of respect for societal norms and the ability to go outside the previously-established limits of a video game. 15 years later it just seems juvenile and tedious, with little shock value to make it worth your time. That said, I don't think anything since has matched the thrill of being able to take out Gary Coleman in a mall firefight.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8203 posts
4897 upvotes
Toronto
I played through this about 5 years ago, found it amusing and didn't really have any issues with it the way the first poster described and don't really think it's a problem for anyone who has grown up with the internet and other mature audience media. I've seen more disturbing stuff in movies this year alone. It's at worst juvenile dumb humour and some violence but hardly anything outrageous imo
Sep 26, 2018
998 posts
2352 upvotes
free game = free upvote

also, god that site is garbage, it's like they're trying to hide the only thing you care about by surrounding it by tons of other stuff to the point you actually have to scroll down to find the small banner to acquire the game, a$$hole design right there
I have spoken
Jun 5, 2010
218 posts
133 upvotes
Ajax
Hilarious game. Very fun to play. Good expansion too.
Dec 26, 2012
815 posts
606 upvotes
Quebec
mwahahaa wrote: Postal 2 was quite amusing to play back in the day due to its lack of respect for societal norms and the ability to go outside the previously-established limits of a video game. 15 years later it just seems juvenile and tedious, with little shock value to make it worth your time. That said, I don't think anything since has matched the thrill of being able to take out Gary Coleman in a mall firefight.
It wasn't just the lack of social norms that made the game fun, every playtrough I would discover something new that I previously missed. Hidden locations like the underground water treatment plant, the ability to befriend dogs playing fetch, the ability to lure out cops with poisoned doughnuts that made them sick, the police uniform that would make all cops fight by your side, the fact that every mission could be tackled at least 3 different ways, etc. It was a very stupid game but one where the devs put a surprisingly huge ammount of time and care into.

On my 4th or 5th playtrough I somehow managed to take out the entire mall with a few WMDs. The entire damn mall went down as the sickness spread out like a wildfire. It was almost spooky, the entire place was empty. I did get bummed out that Coleman was already dead (like everyone else) when I arrived to his area.
[OP]
Oct 28, 2012
239 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
almasyseifer wrote: free game = free upvote

also, god that site is garbage, it's like they're trying to hide the only thing you care about by surrounding it by tons of other stuff to the point you actually have to scroll down to find the small banner to acquire the game, a$$hole design right there
GOG is actually pretty good. You can also click on the banner or Postal 2 name at the top and it will auto-scroll to where you can redeem the game. Sorry about that, should have also made that clearer. I quite enjoy GOG. There is no-DRM on any of the games (I believe you can download them as EXEs). They have a ton of nice oldies and they've even started bringing in newer games. You can also link SOME games you've bought on Steam to the GOG platform. All-in-all I don't think it's too bad of a platform.
Dec 26, 2012
815 posts
606 upvotes
Quebec
Roynsky wrote: GOG is actually pretty good. You can also click on the banner or Postal 2 name at the top and it will auto-scroll to where you can redeem the game. Sorry about that, should have also made that clearer. I quite enjoy GOG. There is no-DRM on any of the games (I believe you can download them as EXEs). They have a ton of nice oldies and they've even started bringing in newer games. You can also link SOME games you've bought on Steam to the GOG platform. All-in-all I don't think it's too bad of a platform.
The site tries to get you to install their launcher GOG Galaxy to download games but you always have the option of selecting the .exe insted.
Works great.
Jul 22, 2015
559 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I agree man, As a teenager this game was totally rad but as a responsible bill paying no fun adult this game is just down right rude and vulgar!
I mean, It's free so I obviously have to download and play it, But I'm only playing it so I know what to expect to stay away from itm and you better believe it that I will not damn well won't enjoy (Parts) of it!!!
Mar 18, 2008
514 posts
157 upvotes
Superjester wrote: I agree man, As a teenager this game was totally rad but as a responsible bill paying no fun adult this game is just down right rude and vulgar!
I mean, It's free so I obviously have to download and play it, But I'm only playing it so I know what to expect to stay away from itm and you better believe it that I will not damn well won't enjoy (Parts) of it!!!
Just don't urinate in your mouth and you'll be fine.
Dec 26, 2012
815 posts
606 upvotes
Quebec
mopex wrote: Just don't urinate in your mouth and you'll be fine.
How else will you drown out the fire in your throat ?