GOG.com

[Expired] Free classic games. Underworld 1-2, Syndicate Plus, Syndicate wars

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 10:24 pm
[OP]
Sep 19, 2018
37 posts
930 upvotes

[GOG.com] [Expired] Free classic games. Underworld 1-2, Syndicate Plus, Syndicate wars

Deal Link:
Price:
$0
Savings:
Free
Expiry:
September 3, 2021
Retailer:
GOG.com
More offers from GOG.com
Underworld 1-2, Syndicate Plus and Syndicate Wars

Games are free until september 3rd.
Last edited by oakraven on Sep 6th, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Oct 31, 2010
529 posts
1112 upvotes
Montreal
The good ol' days of efficient coding when the install files fit on a floppy disk.
Apr 11, 2006
782 posts
714 upvotes
Richmond
Thanks, OP! I've had Syndicate Plus on my wishlist for the longest time. Was always tempted to grab it when it goes on sale, but my huge backlog of games always stopped me from grabbing it. Now you've saved me $2! haha
Oct 24, 2013
46 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
Ultimate Underworld is still my favourite game of all time. May look a bit dated now, but back then (early 90s) it was the first game to have true 3D graphics where you could turn smoothly instead of by 90 degree steps. That was unheard of back then - and came out before Doom (although that game got all the credit). And totally immersive environment in the game. You could fight with a goblin or negotiate with him, combine objects, had an awesome auto map, etc. The game inspired System Shock, then Bioshock and countless others.

Highly, highly recommended as a retro RPG if you can live with the graphics. Considered a classic. And Ultima Underworld 2 is considered even better by some.
Last edited by elrikian on Aug 6th, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2201 posts
899 upvotes
Edmonton
Nice, The two Underworld games and Syndicate are great - I know less about Syndicate Wars, though.
Sep 2, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa Ontario
Hello,

Thank you OP!
Genuinely,

Mr. Hungry Services
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3899 posts
1217 upvotes
thanks! lol not sure if i'll play them but free!
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 - 6gb, unlimited North American plan (roaming included)
Mar 25, 2012
185 posts
354 upvotes
NB
GOG is great for nostalgia! I just re-installed Heroes 3. =) But sometimes these games can be hard to get into if you didn't play them 20 years ago.
Dec 18, 2019
441 posts
293 upvotes
Calgary
Good find OP, added to my collection
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21086 posts
5747 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
elrikian wrote: Ultimate Underworld is still my favourite game of all time. May look a bit dated now, but back then (early 90s) it was the first game to have true 3D graphics where you could turn smoothly instead of by 90 degree steps. That was unheard of back then - and came out before Doom (although that game got all the credit). And totally immersive environment in the game. You could fight with a goblin or negotiate with him, combine objects, had an awesome auto map, etc. The game inspired System Shock, then Bioshock and countless others.

Highly, highly recommended as a retro RPG if you can live with the graphics. Considered a classic. And Ultima Underworld 2 is considered even better by some.
I am a huge fan of these games, and IMO UWII is still one of the best games of all time.

To be honest, one of the big ingredients for me is nostalgia. And I don't know how much people would appreciate them, if they're not accustomed to the games of the era. Playing UWII is like a blast from the past of childhood escapism for me, but I doubt new players would appreciate it.

The music. The characters. The quests. The environments. Finding the clever easy to beat the Prison Tower, without fighting. Re-opening the Anodunos river in the ice caves. Passing the Scintillus Wizard Academy Test. Beating the Ethereal Void the right way (without the moonstone hack.) The scope of the Universe in which it's played. I have a smile on my face right now, just thinking of it all. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1681 posts
747 upvotes
London
Syndicate Plus is one of the cyberpunk greats. Used to play all of these back in the day.
Oct 15, 2014
504 posts
567 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Darn it! I paid for Syndicate. Mind you, it was only a couple of dollars since it was on sale at the time. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1528 posts
1378 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Welp, I still suck at syndicate, 15 or so years later.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Sep 14, 2017
180 posts
110 upvotes
Thanks, OP, for these classic gems.