Expired Hot Deals

GOG.com

GOG Quake II RTX Version FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 3:52 pm
Thread Summary
To get the full version, follow instructions: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articl ... roduct=gog
26 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1157 posts
1653 upvotes
Classic.

How could you argue w/ free?! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3177 posts
2824 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks. A free RTX game. Now I have to spend $1000+ on a RTX video card to see it in its glory.

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Jul 18, 2020
4 posts
12 upvotes
Quake 2 RTX was always free. It's a mod of quake 2. You can see on the website that it only downloads the shareware levels of quake 2.
Quake II RTX is fully ray-traced and includes the 3 levels from the original shareware distribution.

Purchase Quake II: Quad Damage to access all levels from the base game as well as multiplayer support.
Here's a steam link https://store.steampowered.com/app/1089 ... ke_II_RTX/

Scroll down, The full game is on sale for $2.
Sep 26, 2018
178 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
Game looks ridiculously good!!!! Wow, better than I expected. Thanks!

Now they need to do Half Life in RTX!!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3363 posts
5345 upvotes
GTA North

Becareful out there. He has a PhD in pain and a Masters in disaster. (R.I.P Hawking :( )

Hawking vs University of M.I.T .
ROTFL....
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Aug 20th, 2021 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1500 posts
1142 upvotes
Nanaimo
Now if only I could get my hands On an Rtx card.
Aug 5, 2010
63 posts
14 upvotes
It's been on steam for a long time for free. Who cares.

I tried it awhile back... I didn't really care about the rtx.
Dec 12, 2003
832 posts
747 upvotes
Toronto
When it comes to nostalgia, remakes will never be as good as the original. Get DOSBox emulator and the original DOS version of Quake 2 and play the game in all its 1997 glory as it was meant to be.
Dec 11, 2013
652 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
.EE. wrote: When it comes to nostalgia, remakes will never be as good as the original. Get DOSBox emulator and the original DOS version of Quake 2 and play the game in all its 1997 glory as it was meant to be.
You clearly haven't played Black Mesa.
Nov 14, 2012
937 posts
500 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Love me some polygon demons slaying action
Sep 26, 2012
59 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
.EE. wrote: When it comes to nostalgia, remakes will never be as good as the original. Get DOSBox emulator and the original DOS version of Quake 2 and play the game in all its 1997 glory as it was meant to be.
Quake 2 is not dos based.
Nov 19, 2018
53 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
ahoplock wrote: This is incorrect. The full game is included if installed via these instructions -> https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articl ... roduct=gog
The instructions tell you to point the installer to where you installed the full version of Quake II... which you need to buy. This is just the free version that has been available on Steam for a while now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)