Ongoing Deal Discussion

[GOG.com] [HOT][PC]Cyberpunk 2077 34CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 10:57 am
Jun 10, 2020
226 posts
162 upvotes
alicklee wrote: You mean I can play it on gforce now via streaming at 144hz 1440p with rtx on? Holy cow.
Bahaha, 1440p and at 144hz over a stream online... are you for-real??
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1107 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
I had my hopes up. Still can't get my hands on a next gen card so I guess it's back to 1080ti for now
DasHip wrote: Bahaha, 1440p and at 144hz over a stream online... are you for-real??
Cadley wrote: lol no

GeForce NOW requires at least 15Mbps for 720p at 60fps and 25 Mbps for 1080p at 60fps - The only sys req posted on the site - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/system-reqs/
Jul 10, 2019
327 posts
284 upvotes
worked for me. i usually use firefox as my main browser and chrome for work. just vpned, bought the game and got it.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Nov 26, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
not like my 4770k and 1080ti is gonna be able to run it anyways
Jul 31, 2020
704 posts
474 upvotes
wnightmare wrote: not like my 4770k and 1080ti is gonna be able to run it anyways
Of course it will run, just don’t expect ultra settings and ray tracing.
May 24, 2012
244 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Kevcorm wrote: Of course it will run, just don’t expect ultra settings and ray tracing.
I have the same setup.
Are we looking at medium or medium-high settings with a 1080ti now? I know Ultra is out of the question lol.
Dec 3, 2007
570 posts
392 upvotes
Tumdace wrote: Incognito not working for me now.
Same for me, Chrome Incognito or Firefox Private window not working.
Will try again after clearing cookies, but tried multiple times already, and not working.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3347 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks I got it for $36 after everything.
Jun 9, 2009
772 posts
131 upvotes
Hamilton
Sepharite wrote: Thanks I got it for $36 after everything.
How were you able to check out? I click PayPal and every time it times out.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3347 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
peji911 wrote: How were you able to check out? I click PayPal and every time it times out.
Paypal. It's possible you have adblocks causing issues. I'm also using a VPN services (Windscribe) that isn't binded to the browser.
Jan 17, 2008
703 posts
336 upvotes
skimmick wrote: I'm not saying anything other than this is a rather dishonest scheme.
You're not saying anything.... except you literally called everyone scammers. Lol.
Why in the world are you here if this doesn't interest you? Seem like you just want to be preach and judge people. Go away.
Jan 17, 2008
703 posts
336 upvotes
albcfp3 wrote: I had no intention of buying this game what so ever but decided to spend $34CAD mostly due to the pathetic appeals to questioning the morality of purchasing via VPN to receive price reduction. Passing moral judgment on others over a video game purchase is beyond vain and brings into question what you value at all. People who have any allegiance to consumer goods or care about conglomerates what so ever need to pick up a book and realize where they fall in the grand scheme of things.
^ THIS!!!!!
People are out of work, businesses are closing, food banks are low on food, can't go anywhere, and people just want to spend less on a purchase as an escape from this mad world.... but we have couple of moral police officers questioning people for their purchase. Stop it, Karens.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3347 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Pricing doesn't matter. Either I buy it now for $35, straight from the developer; or I purchase it from Amazon a year from now when it's on sale for $50 and developers get less.
Temp. Banned
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
jestik wrote: ^ THIS!!!!!
People are out of work, businesses are closing, food banks are low on food, can't go anywhere, and people just want to spend less on a purchase as an escape from this mad world.... but we have couple of moral police officers questioning people for their purchase. Stop it, Karens.
Sorry but it is one thing to get a real deal and another thing to cheat the system. As for your Karen comment I come from a time where people didn't talk like this and I am so thankful for it. I still don't know what a Karen is but I can assume it probably involves morals and other things that would make the world a better place which people like you don't care about and prefer sending this world down the toilet further. Also as for this being a good deal eh with the game having been delayed a million times I think free at this point is a good deal. Lucky for me I got that with my limited edition Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 console.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1549 posts
1215 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Sorry but it is one thing to get a real deal and another thing to cheat the system. As for your Karen comment I come from a time where people didn't talk like this and I am so thankful for it. I still don't know what a Karen is but I can assume it probably involves morals and other things that would make the world a better place which people like you don't care about and prefer sending this world down the toilet further. Also as for this being a good deal eh with the game having been delayed a million times I think free at this point is a good deal. Lucky for me I got that with my limited edition Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 console.
Well the morality of using a VPN to get this cheaper is the exact same as flying to Russia to buy cheaper goods, it's just A LOT easier and more convenient than actually flying there.
Whether you believe that going to Russia for the express purpose of cheaper goods is moral or not is up to you.
Jul 31, 2020
704 posts
474 upvotes
jestik wrote: You're not saying anything.... except you literally called everyone scammers. Lol.
Why in the world are you here if this doesn't interest you? Seem like you just want to be preach and judge people. Go away.
Preachers should go to twitter, Im sure there are hundreds of like minded people to like their silly posts.
Jan 28, 2014
633 posts
241 upvotes
wnightmare wrote: not like my 4770k and 1080ti is gonna be able to run it anyways
A 4790k and 1060/1660S is recommended for 1080p high settings so you should be ok.
Jul 31, 2020
704 posts
474 upvotes
weirdlogic wrote: I have the same setup.
Are we looking at medium or medium-high settings with a 1080ti now? I know Ultra is out of the question lol.
I mean they could remove the higher settings to make people feel better, I for one support games that scale like this. For the past and future hardware. There is the weird thing people have where they feel the need to max out settings, and if they cant they get upset. Even stranger when these people move over to console and settle for much lower settings, they are happy just knowing there isnt a menu option for better graphics than they can run.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Dec 8th, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 19, 2012
503 posts
266 upvotes
Kitchener
Ya I originally was going to hold off buying but all the incessant whining about how we are all immoral changed my mind, finally got it working in Incognito last night and purchased for just over $36.

Its a frackin video game guys, they sell it cheaper in Russia because its overpriced in the West, so I'm not losing any sleep at all.