Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
GOG.com

Sanitarium-pc game free until Jun 8, 9am est

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2022 5:03 pm
Sep 23, 2010
943 posts
3515 upvotes
T Dot

[GOG.com] Sanitarium-pc game free until Jun 8, 9am est

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
June 8, 2022
Retailer:
GOG.com
More offers from GOG.com
Imagine a world created out of insanity – deformed children, ancient gods, ghosts from your past in the house inside of a water reflection. You are an asylum patient and you have just survived a car crash – the problem is you can't remember anything. Visions reveal answers to some questions, but create even more riddles! Which part of it is true? What do all these things mean?

Sanitarium is one of the few psychological horror adventure games. As the protagonist you will visit five different worlds full of riddles and answers, with which you will have to figure out what exactly is happening and what is real. The story is so incredibly good and enthralling that it could easily drive a sane person mad.
One of the most immersive and chilling psychological horror games ever created
Discover what your warped mind is hiding under the veil of a psychedelic dream
Explore surreal worlds inhabited by crazy, half-sane and or half-dead characters

Works on:Windows (7, 8, 10, 11)
Release date:May 11, 1998
Company:DreamForge Intertainment / XS Games
Size:1.3 GB
Last edited by aquaman123 on Jun 8th, 2022 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
Wow... this takes me back! Not sure how it holds up today, nor really do I remember much about the game, but I did love this back in the day. It was quite twisted.
May 27, 2020
13 posts
35 upvotes
Still one of my favorite adventure games ever. For sure check it out if you like dark stories and old school point-and-clicks. Thanks OP!
Dec 5, 2019
51 posts
82 upvotes
Great game, really enjoyed the storyline. Thanks OP!
Nov 23, 2009
625 posts
290 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote: Imagine a world created out of insanity – deformed children
I don't need to imagine that. It's happening right now all over the place.
Dec 18, 2019
487 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP! Added to my endless collection!
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9298 posts
10311 upvotes
Unfortunately, after a few chapters the game quickly goes bad. The second half is very forgettable and cheesy, and nowhere near as interesting as the first.

The second level, the city of lost children, is by far the best. It is so good and creepy that they should have built the entire game around it.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2256 posts
652 upvotes
Thanks OP!
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Dec 19, 2006
517 posts
465 upvotes
Jorpho wrote: Good times. I wrote a review of it once.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/sanitarium/

It was also added to ScummVM a while ago, so you can in theory play it anywhere you want now.
I actually legitimately think I remember, in the vaguest sense, reading this review. I don't know how much Sanitarium holds up, but I do have fond memories of it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6106 posts
7131 upvotes
Whitby
Jumped the gun. Not June 8th yet. Whoops. :P

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)