Prescription Glasses 55% Off Total Order G4U US

Deal Link:
Savings:
55%
Expiry:
September 18, 2019
Retailer:
Goggles 4U
Goggles4U the inexpensive American online prescription glasses company has a new promo code
55G4U, for the US site, giving 55% off on complete orders 9/17 Only, but possibly a little longer.
Frames, lenses, coatings etc. They are the cheapest online glasses seller ATM I believe.
If you can get your head around the concept of online glasses and the gigantic difference in price between retail and online, I would say around 8-10 times less expensive. This may help test the waters.
Coated Single prescription can often be had at $15-$20, progressives or photochromic $35-$45, both photochromic and progressives $60-$80. Approx.Shipping can usually be combined, so it is often a good idea to order muliple pairs at the same time, and they do have a replacement policy if the glasses are wrong or don't fit.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Sep 18th, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Dec 4, 2007
175 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been using these guys for prescription glasses and sunglasses for the last two years, and I'm generally happy with the products. Prices are really cheap compared to even other online retailers like Clearly. However, you do take a risk with fit and prescription (they say it's easy to return if the lenses don't work well, but I've never tried).

Where I think they cut costs is in the quality of the frames. I've ordered about 4 pairs so far and quality is noticeably inferior to other glasses I've purchased in the past (and I don't normally buy expensive glasses). Comfort wise they are just fine, but durability may be an issue. I've already had one pair break where the temple snapped off the hinge within the first month. It was $30 or so so not a big loss but still a bit concerning.

My current pair is a pair of $50 transition lenses from them that I initially bought as backup sunglasses. However, I find they are comfy and work well as a daily driver so they've been my main glasses since August. The transition lenses are actually not great as sunglasses as they are not dark enough (they just look dark) to block out much sunlight, but as regular glasses they are just fine.
Apr 13, 2017
325 posts
143 upvotes
Damn it i just ordered two hours ago with the 45 off
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9245 posts
3272 upvotes
Toronto
handsoap wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:12 pm
I've been using these guys for prescription glasses and sunglasses for the last two years, and I'm generally happy with the products. Prices are really cheap compared to even other online retailers like Clearly. However, you do take a risk with fit and prescription (they say it's easy to return if the lenses don't work well, but I've never tried).

Where I think they cut costs is in the quality of the frames. I've ordered about 4 pairs so far and quality is noticeably inferior to other glasses I've purchased in the past (and I don't normally buy expensive glasses). Comfort wise they are just fine, but durability may be an issue. I've already had one pair break where the temple snapped off the hinge within the first month. It was $30 or so so not a big loss but still a bit concerning.

My current pair is a pair of $50 transition lenses from them that I initially bought as backup sunglasses. However, I find they are comfy and work well as a daily driver so they've been my main glasses since August. The transition lenses are actually not great as sunglasses as they are not dark enough (they just look dark) to block out much sunlight, but as regular glasses they are just fine.
Thanks for the input. I found similar results, over the years. The choice of the frames is key IMO, and it is very hard to decide from a picture, sometimes. For basic clear single prescription or sunglasses it is not too much of a risk. I have found that even the fairly cheap basic frames are fairly durable, and in the rare occurrences when one failed, it wasn't a great loss, maybe $10-$12. When you are getting progressives or progressive transitions and spending much more it can be hard to find a pair that are esthetic, fit and are durable. My current $60 pair have made it through 2+ years of daily use, though. I have actually used their warranty on one occasion for a relatively expensive pair, and they did replace them, and allowed me to keep the original too. This seems to be their standard policy. It seems to require much more precision when making progressives, and when they have to do so without exact measurements of the frames position relative to the wearers eyes, it sometimes means that the best fit position is not the best position for your eyes and the different focal lengths in the lenses. One of the pitfalls of online purchasing, is that for progressives you might have to try again. That being said, $60 is not too much to risk IMO, compared to $500.
Mar 12, 2016
505 posts
549 upvotes
Drive-by optometrist with a friendly reminder to not forget your regular eye exams, otherwise, if you can find satisfactory glasses/lenses online, go for it!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9245 posts
3272 upvotes
Toronto
UWOD2020 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 6:32 pm
Drive-by optometrist with a friendly reminder to not forget your regular eye exams, otherwise, if you can find satisfactory glasses/lenses online, go for it!
Early detection of glaucoma, macular degeneration and other anomalies?
Mar 12, 2016
505 posts
549 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 6:39 pm
Early detection of glaucoma, macular degeneration and other anomalies?
Absolutely. Also systemic autoimmune diseases, diabetes, melanoma, retinal degenerations susceptible to retinal detachment, list itself could on for 10 pages. Almost all asymptomatic, and the thing about your eyes, you still can't replace em.
Mar 14, 2016
90 posts
83 upvotes
Ontario
USD 14 shipping FYI.
Qui Tacet Consentire Videtur
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9245 posts
3272 upvotes
Toronto
55ab55 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 8:17 am
USD 14 shipping FYI.
Yep it used to be a flat $10 for Canada, including multiple pairs. Now it is $13.95 and increases by $2 for each additional pair.
Dec 11, 2008
637 posts
100 upvotes
NL
I ordered a pair last night. My last pair was $10 shipping, now$14. $60 US is still pretty good for a pair of Progressive glasses.

Thanks OP
Dec 11, 2008
637 posts
100 upvotes
NL
idiotcanuck wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 6:15 pm
Thanks for the input. I found similar results, over the years. The choice of the frames is key IMO, and it is very hard to decide from a picture, sometimes. For basic clear single prescription or sunglasses it is not too much of a risk. I have found that even the fairly cheap basic frames are fairly durable, and in the rare occurrences when one failed, it wasn't a great loss, maybe $10-$12. When you are getting progressives or progressive transitions and spending much more it can be hard to find a pair that are esthetic, fit and are durable. My current $60 pair have made it through 2+ years of daily use, though. I have actually used their warranty on one occasion for a relatively expensive pair, and they did replace them, and allowed me to keep the original too. This seems to be their standard policy. It seems to require much more precision when making progressives, and when they have to do so without exact measurements of the frames position relative to the wearers eyes, it sometimes means that the best fit position is not the best position for your eyes and the different focal lengths in the lenses. One of the pitfalls of online purchasing, is that for progressives you might have to try again. That being said, $60 is not too much to risk IMO, compared to $500.

I have emailed them previously regarding a pair that just didn't seem right, and they promptly sent me another pair. I also asked for a couple of extra screws and nose pieces and they have sent them along with my glasses too. Their customer service is great, but their selection is limited.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9245 posts
3272 upvotes
Toronto
Just got an Email saying that the 55% code ends at midnight tonight. I assume that this is California time, since G4U is based there, so 3:00 am Eastern.