Expired Hot Deals

[GOGGLES4U] GOGGLES4U - Frames for $6.95 (plus shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2019 9:25 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2017
94 posts
248 upvotes

GOGGLES4U - Frames for $6.95 (plus shipping)

Deal Link:
Price:
$6.95
Retailer:
GOGGLES4U
https://www.goggles4u.com/prescription- ... J7H,SUR0,1

FRAMES (100s of Styles) at flat $6.95 only (Shipping comes to $13.95)

CODE: FLAT695

Terms:

- Discount applicable on all frames up to $29.95 price range
- Coupon applicable on one pair per order. For multiple pairs, multiple orders are allowed.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1922 posts
1077 upvotes
Vancouver
So if we want to get multiple pairs at $6.95 we have to pay shipping each time?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1922 posts
1077 upvotes
Vancouver
Do private (group) benefits cover shipping costs for glasses? Or only the glasses themselves?
Feb 26, 2017
383 posts
231 upvotes
How do they compare to zenni? They’ve been really solid for me
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1205 posts
357 upvotes
Winnipeg
Atillathepun wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:42 pm
Once you use them, you will never order from Zenni...based on my personal experience... i have x no. of friends and families now who orders from them...i just got my another pair of perscription Sun shade glasses, absolutely stunning...
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1205 posts
357 upvotes
Winnipeg
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:34 pm
Do private (group) benefits cover shipping costs for glasses? Or only the glasses themselves?
In my case, Great west life doesn't cover Shipping cost.
Nov 2, 2012
985 posts
1305 upvotes
Atillathepun wrote:
I had the opposite experience to shampygarg. I ordered Zenni and G4U roughly a couple of days apart. The 2 pairs of Zenni's I have are much better quality, both in terms of frames and especially lenses. Shipping time was also much faster with Zenni, about 2 1/2 weeks. G4U took a month, provided no updates, and their customer service was also quite bad regarding any information. Personally, I won't ever order from G4U again.

Here's the deal thread from a couple of months ago. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/goggles4 ... l-2295926/. The experience wasn't very good for several of us.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10369 posts
1168 upvotes
Vancouver
Every time I see a thread like this I think it’s some new google product etc
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1720 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:34 pm
shampygarg wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:50 pm
In my case, Great west life doesn't cover Shipping cost.
Do you need to convert from USD to CAD when submitting?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1773 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Atillathepun wrote:
shampygarg wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:45 pm

Once you use them, you will never order from Zenni...based on my personal experience... i have x no. of friends and families now who orders from them...i just got my another pair of perscription Sun shade glasses, absolutely stunning...
Caerus wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 4:55 pm
I had the opposite experience to shampygarg. I ordered Zenni and G4U roughly a couple of days apart. The 2 pairs of Zenni's I have are much better quality, both in terms of frames and especially lenses. Shipping time was also much faster with Zenni, about 2 1/2 weeks. G4U took a month, provided no updates, and their customer service was also quite bad regarding any information. Personally, I won't ever order from G4U again.

Here's the deal thread from a couple of months ago. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/goggles4 ... l-2295926/. The experience wasn't very good for several of us.
Same experience as Caerus on quality (my shipping was under 2 weeks)

Ordered from Zenni in Sept/2017 and G4U in Apr/2019. The Zenni glasses are much higher quality, the lens are durable, clear, and the coatings are much higher quality than what you receive from G4U. I clean my glasses using soapy dish water + air spray to dry - no cloths or any rubbing, the water just slides off the Zenni glasses, whereas drops of water are all around the G4U glasses and require more airing to push away the droplets

That said, my fully decked out glasses came to $80 vs $30ish from G4U, so likely $$ = quality
Aug 25, 2011
45 posts
17 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Google4u vs Zenni. I have ordered from both. The Zennis were better, but the real difference was the service. I broke the frame on a Zennis. They sent me a new one for $20.00 with instructions on how to repair. With G4U, a nosepad fell off and I lost it. I emailed for a new one (offered to pay) and the response was "that service is not provided in your region". - Emailed 3 times with the same response. Note: even though the prices start at $6.98, i have always paid at least $50.00 (progressives, coatings - dollar exchange - all extra).
One other point. I wore my memory titanium frames from Zenni to my optometrist. He asked where I got them. He said his cost for similar frames would be several hundred for his supplier and he would expect to sell the frames for over $600 plus the cost of the lenses. My cost from Zenni $24.99 (US)
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1205 posts
357 upvotes
Winnipeg
samson wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:05 pm
Do you need to convert from USD to CAD when submitting?
Yep, i just go buy with the day exchange rate for the ordering date, and write down on the field....never had a problem.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1205 posts
357 upvotes
Winnipeg
blackston3 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2019 5:09 pm
Same experience as Caerus on quality (my shipping was under 2 weeks)

Ordered from Zenni in Sept/2017 and G4U in Apr/2019. The Zenni glasses are much higher quality, the lens are durable, clear, and the coatings are much higher quality than what you receive from G4U. I clean my glasses using soapy dish water + air spray to dry - no cloths or any rubbing, the water just slides off the Zenni glasses, whereas drops of water are all around the G4U glasses and require more airing to push away the droplets

That said, my fully decked out glasses came to $80 vs $30ish from G4U, so likely $$ = quality
you guys might are experiencing the problem with basic lens.. that I never have ordered.. I always order 1.61 or higher for myself and wife, and we never had a problem...oh and the cost i m talking are almost 70-150$ frame each....
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1720 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered 2 prescription wears from Zenni opticals on Sep 8 and I got it today Sep 13th. One was a sunglasses and the other a backup single vision.
They shipped from Burlington. Quality wise they seem very good. I have been wearing the single vision all evening. Not bad at all.
I am in Toronto.