Expired Hot Deals

[Goggles4U] Goggles4U Online Prescription Glasses 65% Off Total Order Promo Code

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2020 8:55 pm
Feb 24, 2020
35 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, I ordered glasses from Goggles4u on August 7th and received them on August 18th. I used a 50% off code and the total came to around 60$ CAD with all the coatings and stuff. I don't know much about prescriptions, but mine is -5.50. I selected the Photochromatic lenses and didn't realize that the lens would be soooo thick.
I contacted their support and they are sending me a replacement with the thin lenses with a different frame I chose (for free). I can see clearly and the frame doesn't feel too cheap (I got a metal one).

If you do order and have any questions, just talk to the live chat and they'll help you out. Make sure you choose the size of the frames accordingly to your head size.
The glasses came with a cheap plastic case and a microfiber cloth.

The shipping tracking sucks, the website doesn't provide any other information, and when I contacted support they did not know where it was either.
Would I buy from this site again? Definitely. It's a great place to buy a spare set of glasses or even prescription sunglasses. I was quoted 600 at FYI Doctors, paid 60$ for the same at Goggles4U.

I am not affiliated with Goggles4U and I would definitely keep in mind the reviews others have posted here.
May 26, 2011
799 posts
588 upvotes
The code US65G4U is dead now?

I tried to order a pair of progressives, it said the code is invalid.

G4U was $68 (USD?), So I ended up ordering from Zenni for USD 38, after referral link. Zenni also said shipping will take 2-3 weeks, no rush options.

I was shocked to learn Clearly was very expensive at $200+. Maybe their progressives are expensive, I've ordered single vision almost 1/10 of the cost from them in the past.

I actually liked Zenni charged my card right away, as I was trying to meet my cards minimum required spend to get a welcome bonus.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10384 posts
4698 upvotes
Toronto
maverikbc wrote: The code US65G4U is dead now?

G4U was $68 (USD?), So I ended up ordering from Zenni for USD 38, after referral link. Zenni also said shipping will take 2-3 weeks, no rush options.

I was shocked to learn Clearly was very expensive at $200+. Maybe their progressives are expensive, I've ordered single vision almost 1/10 of the cost from them in the past.

I actually liked Zenni charged my card right away, as I was trying to meet my cards minimum required spend to get a welcome bonus.
Thanks for the update. Yep looks like 65% is dead. 55% Off is about it for now, with code: 55G4U
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2211 posts
1687 upvotes
Montreal, QC

I had used Clearly many times in the past for immediate family and was very happy with them. Unfortunately, their prices have jumped considerably from what they used to be.
Errors can happen, but it all depends on how they address it.
Over the 5 years that I dealt with them I had 2 issues. 1 was a pair of glasses for my father-in-law. He put them on, and the lens were WAY off. Not even close. I contacted them, and they quickly apologized, and assumed it was a lab error. They redid the order, and sent out replacements within 3 or 4 days, and this time they were perfect. They asked me to just donate the set with the wrong lens, and drop them off at any local box that collects used glasses.
Second incident was with my sons pair of glasses. They were perfect when he received them, and he loved them. They were not the cheapest pair, since they had a "crocs" frame. However like most kids, the frames took a beating and 6 or 7 months later, one side the frame broke. I took picture of it ,sent it to them, and they once again apologized and agreed to replace them. However they no longer carried the same frame, so they reached out to me, and since it was not the cheapest frame, they offered me to have my son chose whatever frame he wanted/liked (with no price cap). Son chose a frame that was about 30% more expensive, and the just made a new set, and sent it out in less than a week.

But, obviously no matter what company you order from, Zenny, G4U, clearly, etc.. if you order a $15 pair of glasses, don't expect them to be HIGH end and as durable and some more expensive options. Doesn't always mean that the more you may the better they are, but there is a limit :) Be realistic.
Jan 3, 2014
33 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I finally got my sunglasses and i'm not impressed. I got the polarized lenses and they messed it up. the polarization on the lenses is not oriented the same way.

to their credit, when i complained about the issue they apologized and offered to send me a free replacement which i accepted.

about quality, i can see where they cut corners and where they make larger margins. i have a normal near sighted left eye and a toric near sighed right eye. the right lens feels off.
i can't use this for driving or any professional work
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1407 posts
231 upvotes
Peterborough
finally got my glasses yesterday very happy with them I paid like $120 though will order again from them I got trasissions born on cool frames got a superman logo on my framaes alot lifghter then myu KITS glasses and stay on my face without sliding off my nose as much too
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1407 posts
231 upvotes
Peterborough

could I get a refferall for zennies please I plan on order a pair from them soon?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10384 posts
4698 upvotes
Toronto
New code slightly better at 59 % off is G4U59
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Mar 11, 2016
195 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
G4U60...even better @ 60% off!
RFD4LF. 😎
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4466 posts
886 upvotes
Toronto
I've just got my glasses today and I have to say I'm not impressed. There were scratches on the frame, the nose piece was bent, my lens popped out with a slight push (this is a screw in frame). Plus, it took 5 weeks to get them. The saying goes, you pay for what you get which is poor quality. Then I guess I shouldn't complain.

I'll stick to brand name frames and in store purchase. Buyer beware.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10384 posts
4698 upvotes
Toronto
Mr. Robo wrote: I've just got my glasses today and I have to say I'm not impressed. There were scratches on the frame, the nose piece was bent, my lens popped out with a slight push (this is a screw in frame). Plus, it took 5 weeks to get them. The saying goes, you pay for what you get which is poor quality. Then I guess I shouldn't complain.

I'll stick to brand name frames and in store purchase. Buyer beware.
You can always use their guarantee and try a different frame on a new pair. Worst case at least you will have two spare pair of glasses.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4466 posts
886 upvotes
Toronto
idiotcanuck wrote: You can always use their guarantee and try a different frame on a new pair. Worst case at least you will have two spare pair of glasses.
They contacted me after I posted the review (even though my review is not shown on the site). They offered to me a replacement pair, I replied, but never heard back.
Feb 24, 2020
35 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Mr. Robo wrote: They contacted me after I posted the review (even though my review is not shown on the site). They offered to me a replacement pair, I replied but never heard back.
You can get a hold of them if you use their online chat. I did this and they replaced my glasses for free. Now I have 2 pairs of glasses and paid around 60$ CAD in total. Received the new pair just last week and they fit and look great. Shipping took 3 weeks.

Planning on getting prescription sunglasses from them in the future!