5353 upvotes
Toronto

Online Prescription Glasses 59% Off Total Promo Code $20-$100 Complete Glasses

Deal Link:
Savings:
59%
Retailer:
Goggles4U
Goggles4U the inexpensive US prescription glasses maker has a 59% off promo code currently, NEWYEAR59, for 59% off on complete orders.
You need to have or measure your pupilary distance, and have some idea of the size and measurements of what frames fits you, before ordering, as well as a current prescription.
It can be hard to find frames that you like, online, and fit can be less precise than local purchased glasses, but the cost can be 20-25% of local pricing.
Single prescription coated glasses can be $20, Progressives or Photochromics can be $50, Progressives and Photochromics can be $75. There are shipping charges though.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Jan 2nd, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
54 replies
Oct 15, 2014
47 posts
38 upvotes
Eastern NL
Yes usa $ and they do ship to Canada. Don't waste your money on the blue block .
May 13, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
Bought glasses from them. Both times very good. You have to know your eye distances andnsome other stuff.
Nov 17, 2014
595 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto, ON
May be a stupid question:
Can i buy the lens alone from an online store and put it on the glasses that I already have ?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3402 posts
5090 upvotes
I would personally avoid G4U. I found them to be pretty shady.

I ordered from them before and my experience was terrible. Took over a month to receive them, customer service was bad and also condescending in emails. The frames were also low quality and the lenses weren't great either. There's a reason the price is so low.

You can do a search here for other threads on G4U. Flip a coin on if people were satisfied or not. Others had the same experience as me.
Mar 27, 2015
162 posts
501 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Clearly eyewear is canadian, free returns and can have some decent discounts. (use code FRAMEUP for 20% off or FIRST40 for 40% off for first time purchase)
Zenni Optical is also pretty decent, a little longer to ship from the US and prices are in USD but also decent quality and can get some dirt cheap glasses w/ prescription lenses - great for kids or manual labourers or a spare pair to toss in the car that you arent worried about breaking
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6929 posts
4200 upvotes
Between Countries
Can't beat the price of Goggles4U. Though, I tried them last year and, sadly, it didn't work out for me. The frames weren't the quality I was looking for and the lens prescription was off. Customer service was great, though. They gave me a full and immediate refund and I did not have to return the glasses.

I went back to Zenni which is more expensive but better quality.

For my perscription: Goggles4u=~$70USD, Zenni=~$100USD, Canadian bricks and mortar shop=~$600CAD.
Oct 31, 2014
463 posts
412 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Caerus wrote: I would personally avoid G4U. I found them to be pretty shady.

I ordered from them before and my experience was terrible. Took over a month to receive them, customer service was bad and also condescending in emails. The frames were also low quality and the lenses weren't great either. There's a reason the price is so low.

You can do a search here for other threads on G4U. Flip a coin on if people were satisfied or not. Others had the same experience as me.
Funny, my favorite glasses came from them, ordered them the same time as zenni and they came first (frames are sturdy feeling too, been using them daily since the spring) literally all around better than zenni, and my experience was comparable to former favorite glasses from clearly.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3402 posts
5090 upvotes
smallwavesteve wrote: Funny, my favorite glasses came from them, ordered them the same time as zenni and they came first (frames are sturdy feeling too, been using them daily since the spring) literally all around better than zenni, and my experience was comparable to former favorite glasses from clearly.
Interesting, my experience is the exact opposite. I ordered from Zenni after G4U and Zenni arrived well ahead. Build quality and lenses were far superior on my pairs from Zenni. The difference in lenses was quite noticeable.

I purchase all my glasses from Zenni now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6929 posts
4200 upvotes
Between Countries
smallwavesteve wrote:
Funny, my favorite glasses came from them, ordered them the same time as zenni and they came first (frames are sturdy feeling too, been using them daily since the spring) literally all around better than zenni, and my experience was comparable to former favorite glasses from clearly.
Caerus wrote: Interesting, my experience is the exact opposite. I ordered from Zenni after G4U and Zenni arrived well ahead. Build quality and lenses were far superior on my pairs from Zenni. The difference in lenses was quite noticeable.

It's luck which gets received first. G4U sends prescriptions to factories in India and UK. Those factories make the glasses but do not ship them until there is sufficient completed orders for a bulk shipment back to G4U facilities. During this time, tracking is unavailable. Back at G4U, the glasses are shipped to the customer at which time tracking is possible. So, if you get lucky and your order gets completed in India towards the end of their production cycle, you may get them quickly.

This is what my research showed, when checking out the company and deciding if I wanted to give them a try.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
chinesedevil wrote: Free returns?
Return/Exchange policy:
https://www.goggles4u.com/return-policy

Typically if you have an issue with the glasses, they will allow you to choose a replacement and ship them to you. You usually get to keep the original pair, which is not bad if they are only marginally bad, like a loose fit etc.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
timbertick wrote: May be a stupid question:
Can i buy the lens alone from an online store and put it on the glasses that I already have ?
Some do that, I believe, I don't think G4U does though. You would likely have to send your frames in, ship back and forth etc. The pupilary distance is important relative to the fit of the frame. It is probably easier and probably cheaper to just start from scratch and order a new cheap pair, as close to your current frames in size and style, as possible and if the frames/lenses work out, great, if not, you could see if a local optical shop can fit the new lenses in your old frames, if the lenses are good. They usually have to grind them down a bit to get the right shape and contours to fit in new frames.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
smallwavesteve wrote: Funny, my favorite glasses came from them, ordered them the same time as zenni and they came first (frames are sturdy feeling too, been using them daily since the spring) literally all around better than zenni, and my experience was comparable to former favorite glasses from clearly.
Caerus wrote: Interesting, my experience is the exact opposite. I ordered from Zenni after G4U and Zenni arrived well ahead. Build quality and lenses were far superior on my pairs from Zenni. The difference in lenses was quite noticeable.

I have had good and bad glasses from both G4U and Zenni. Frame durability seems to be a potential stumbling block for both. One helpful hint, I notice that frames that note spring hinges usually seem to be of overall better quality.
Eye Buy Direct is also good quality, but more expensive generally.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a 55% off code, if the 59% code dies.
55G4U

Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1706 posts
121 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: I have had good and bad glasses from both G4U and Zenni. Frame durability seems to be a potential stumbling block for both. One helpful hint, I notice that frames that note spring hinges usually seem to be of overall better quality.
Eye Buy Direct is also good quality, but more expensive generally.
Seems everyone’s experience with G4U varies greatly. Hard to know if it’s worth trying. How do you find EBD compared to Zenni in terms of frame and lens quality?

I’ve only ordered from Zenni before and I think their quality is pretty comparable to Brick and Mortars. However I wish they had more styles of petite frame options.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
mochachicka wrote: Seems everyone’s experience with G4U varies greatly. Hard to know if it’s worth trying. How do you find EBD compared to Zenni in terms of frame and lens quality?

I’ve only ordered from Zenni before and I think their quality is pretty comparable to Brick and Mortars. However I wish they had more styles of petite frame options.
I haven't used EBD for years, but when I did I found their quality to be the best of the three, but their price is also a lot higher. I can't really say if this is still the case. I guess the choice is often
Price vs. quality vs. availability. If they don't have frames that you like and will fit, it doesn't matter who has the best price or quality. G4U/Zenni/EBD is how I would see prices. G4U still has a big price advantage, especially if you need more expensive glasses.
I am on two+ years on a pair of $65 photochromic/progressives from them, but I have also had some that I was not happy with and had to get replaced.

Nov 18, 2008
408 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
DealsinNL wrote: Yes usa $ and they do ship to Canada. Don't waste your money on the blue block .
Care to share why blue block waste of money. I plan to order from them today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)