Hot Deals

[Goggles4u] Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 10:42 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8355 posts
1901 upvotes
Toronto

Prescription Glasses 50% Off Total Order, $20 Single Prescription, $60 Progressives, Shipped To Canada

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Goggles4u
Goggles4U has their usual deals on prescription eyeglasses.
You can still get basic single prescription , UV/Anti Reflective/Anti Scratch glasses for around $20 shipped to Canada, by finding the best promo code for your specific purchase, but for more expensive choices like better or designer frames/progressives/transitions there is a global 50% off Promo Code of DN50 active now that drops the price on complete orders by half.
Not the best code for lower priced glasses, but very useful if you want one pair of Progressive/Transitions or other combinations. You still have to pay the $9.95 shipping to Canada, but that stays the same for multiple pairs, so it is advisable to sometimes order two pair at once on the cheapies.
Try different codes to maximize savings on your specific order.

I have been happy with my previous Goggles4U purchases, and just got a new prescription, so I ordered two pair of single prescription 1.57, half framed glasses with AR/UV/AS coatings tonight for $29.85 US shipped. Never ordered progressives from them though, and I would recommend caution in doing so since the fit may be crucial to your comfort with progressives. There is a reasonable return/exchange policy though.

Current Promo Codes:

50% Off - DN50

Buy One Get One - BOGO

Prescription Eyeglasses for $9 including delivery - GLASSES9 (higher due to Canada shipping)

Free Pair of Eyeglasses With $6.95 Frame, UV And Anti-scratch Coating, -1.57 Single Vision Lenses - G4UFREE

40% Off - G4U40
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Aug 25th, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
130 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1871 posts
121 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
seems inexpensive, how is the quality, can they bend without breaking etc? I'm in need of 2 pairs one for the car (glove box) and one at my desk. with these prices, hmmmm
Jul 21, 2016
62 posts
70 upvotes
Leask
When you register they send you the promo code "WELCOME990" for your first pair at $9.90 delivered
Having just received my new glasses from newlook, therefore having a fresh prescription, I always wanted to compare with those cheap website so I just ordered a pair. I will report back with a comparaison when they arrive. Grand total was $80.45, used (all) code to find the best for me: "DN50" that reduced the price to $42.90 shipped. However, when paying I noticed the price (magically?) dropped to $28 usd (this is ~34$ cad). I won't complain ha! 35$ for glasses shipped to compare them to my usual newlook glasses, that sound like a good deal. I will report back!
Dec 15, 2012
675 posts
220 upvotes
Good site. Very satisfied with my order of two glasses made a month ago. I received my order within a week from ordering via DHL.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8355 posts
1901 upvotes
Toronto
yatta wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 12:48 am
seems inexpensive, how is the quality, can they bend without breaking etc? I'm in need of 2 pairs one for the car (glove box) and one at my desk. with these prices, hmmmm
That really depends on your choice of better frames vs. the increase in price. The lens quality is good, but some of the $6.95 frames can be a bit simple. Look at some titanium frames if you want that kind resistance to bending and see if that works cost wise. Personally I try to stay in the lower cost zone and just consider the $20 glasses somewhat disposable, if they break or get damaged.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2057 posts
1044 upvotes
Richmond
Our family has had several sets of glasses from Googles4U, some as cheap as $10. Quality is a bit variable, but usually ok, especially in view of the low price. In the past they used to ship mostly direct from Pakistan, which could take a while to get to Canada. Now it's mostly from the U.S..

They buy the same cheap frames from mass-producers and use the same prescription auto-grinding machines for lens-blanks as everyone else. The issues I've seen with them are:
- Lens edges sometimes not as smoothly finished as they should be
- Some lenses have had the coatings flake off
- The combination of certain lens prescriptions with certain frames may mean that you can't adjust the nose piece to have the glasses sit at the proper position, a problem that a local optician would have avoided or fixed
- Not entirely sure they got some of the prescriptions correct, e.g., my last set of lenses specified the same power for left and right eyes, but they are clearly different.

One annoying thing is that they do not confirm back to you the prescription you ordered. Unless you create an account, it is not remembered. After placing your order the prescription never appears again in the confirmation they email to you or the order form they send with the glasses, so there's no way to know for sure if your order was correct or what it was exactly a few years later unless you can check the order history for your account.
Last edited by Faith24 on Aug 26th, 2017 9:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dec 12, 2014
764 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How is their UV And Anti-scratch Coatings? or do they fall off after a few?

Do they have anti-reflective as well?
Dec 10, 2008
796 posts
86 upvotes
I just used BOGO for progressive lens. Finger crossed. Local retailer even clearly are charging alot
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8355 posts
1901 upvotes
Toronto
blackston3 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 10:41 am
How is their UV And Anti-scratch Coatings? or do they fall off after a few?

Do they have anti-reflective as well?
Yes they do. For single prescription 1.57 lenses, all three coatings together are a $4.95 upcharge.
I haven't had any coating issues on mine, but as above, I have heard of that complaint sometimes.
Nov 13, 2009
89 posts
6 upvotes
I bought glasses from goggles4u, zennioptical, and eyebuydirect and I find that goggles4u were easier on my eyes and had a decent fit. All three took about 1 week shipping to Toronto. I ended up buying 2 more backup pairs from G4U but I have been using the original pair for the last 3 semesters. I'm pretty satisfied with how cheap they are compared to hakimoptical or lenscrafters.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1897 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
clearly contacts has BOGO going on right now

So who should I go with? goggle4u or clearly?

I was hoping to order some today but I never saw this site before.
That's not a knife!
Jan 26, 2011
154 posts
156 upvotes
decided to take a chance and ordered pair of progressives since local shops want hundreds of dollars on these... hope for decent quality lol
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
8355 posts
1901 upvotes
Toronto
Faith24 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2017 9:54 am
Our family has had several sets of glasses from Googles4U. Quality is a bit variable, but usually ok, especially in view of the low price. They ship from Pakistan, so it takes a while to get to Canada.

They buy the same cheap frames from mass-producers and use the same prescription auto-grinding machines for lens-blanks as everyone else. The issues I've seen with them are:
- Lens edges sometimes not as smoothly finished as they should be
- Some lenses have had the coatings flake off
- The combination of certain lens prescriptions with certain frames may mean that you can't adjust the nose piece to have the glasses sit at the proper position, a problem that a local optician would have avoided or fixed
Thanks alot for the concise breakdown of the potential issues with G4U. Better that people have realistic expectations.
I have also had some edge chipping on impact with some of the glasses from EBD and G4U, but that is likely common with half frames and softer plastic lenses at all vendors.
I haven't had a G4U order sent from Pakistan in the last few years, all of mine were sent from the US. Of course they were a simple common prescription so they could still be making them in Pakistan and just stocking them in the US for assembly.
May 1, 2004
610 posts
119 upvotes
Montreal
Been looking for cheap prescription sunglasses. Anybody have experience with them? I just want a pair to leave in the car for driving.
Jun 23, 2015
14 posts
7 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Would you be charged any duty/taxes since some people claim that its shipped from the US?