• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 9:15 am
Tags:
None
Apr 15, 2010
118 posts
75 upvotes
redflagdealboy1 wrote: Bought MUX.TO for $4.82
I think you did good at $4.8, it's on the rise, back up to $5 today and will probably keep rising.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1182 posts
858 upvotes
Added to Franco-Nevada (FNV) today.
Not a large position; less than 2% of portfolio.
This is part of my Old Turkey holdings.

Please do not take action on anything I mention on RFD.
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1004 upvotes
Saskatoon
P.e ratio 115
P.b 3.09
P.s 23

Looks a bit overvalued in my opinion.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1004 upvotes
Saskatoon
Well let's see where the gold gonna be after fed rates are back to historical;-) level
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
375 posts
129 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
funny to see my old thread after my mining shares are up almost 200% since my call overall. I continue to be short RY in good size (losing a bit ) and riding the gold bull...not worried at all at the latest retrace as I predicted a 30% drop from the top.
Black swans swimming everywhere with negative rates coming to a bank near you...which of course is absurd and has never happened in financial history. I believe bank equity will be worthless at some point soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1182 posts
858 upvotes
bougie_44 wrote: Can the same be assumed for silver and platinum. It seems Silver has been undervalued and should rise at a better right than Gold? Thoughts?
As Bob Hoye says 17 minutes into this interview, "in a rally for gold and silver, silver will always outperform gold ...".

Going by what has happened in the past, where gold goes, silver and platinum will follow along - with a possible side trip out in the weeds every 10 years or so.

Oct 19, 2014
792 posts
97 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
IrwinW wrote: Going by what has happened in the past, where gold goes, silver and platinum will follow along - with a possible side trip out in the weeds every 10 years or so.

Interesting chart, you can also see the same thing in GLD & SLV, which are down 4% and 10% from YTD highs. It seems precious metals & miners could be on the verge of a further correction (in the wake of the feds renewed optimism in 2 interest rate hikes this year). What do you guys think are we going to pullback further on fears of a september hike?

I don't know if you guys have noticed but the big banks have also been shorting Gold quite heavily every time we've tried to break through to new highs this year. They're able to pull out contracts out of thin air and short heavily in order to keep prices down and lower their short positions. COMEX is heavily manipulated.

I will be looking to buy GDX/GDXJ if we get a good pullback. What's a good way to play silver besides SLV? I've seen SILJ but it seems it's already retraced near 2011 highs.
Apr 8, 2006
329 posts
21 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote: P.e ratio 115
P.b 3.09
P.s 23

I don't think anyone really uses those metrics to value a gold company...have to look at net asset value and/or cash flow...P/E maybe in some cases, but not commonly used for resource companies.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1182 posts
858 upvotes
Get-a-fix wrote: I will be looking to buy GDX/GDXJ if we get a good pullback. What's a good way to play silver besides SLV? I've seen SILJ but it seems it's already retraced near 2011 highs.

For silver bullion I use PSLV and CEF.A (40% silver ; 60% gold).
I haven't sold any part of those two.

For silver equities, I owned AXU, SLW, FR.
Sold all three into strength this spring and summer.
The only one that I'm thinking of buying again is First Majestic in US (AG).

I also hold a couple of PM Mutual Funds. The managers of those funds
have a way better track record than do I.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2013
5497 posts
1382 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
spyder83 wrote:
P.b 3.09
P.s 23

I don't think anyone really uses those metrics to value a gold company...have to look at net asset value and/or cash flow...P/E maybe in some cases, but not commonly used for resource companies.
That and its reserves... It's a rather more complex analysis.
Consultant, Operator/Trucker
  • Oilfield & Industrial Services, Road Construction
  • Tax & Finance
  • In the Western Canadian Oilfield since 2013
Sep 2, 2014
60 posts
11 upvotes
Alberta
leflower wrote: funny to see my old thread after my mining shares are up almost 200% since my call overall. I continue to be short RY in good size (losing a bit ) and riding the gold bull...not worried at all at the latest retrace as I predicted a 30% drop from the top.
Black swans swimming everywhere with negative rates coming to a bank near you...which of course is absurd and has never happened in financial history. I believe bank equity will be worthless at some point soon.
I would be interested to see you reply back in your "shorting Canadian banks" thread!
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
375 posts
129 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
LOL...I always wrote that its part of my LT strategy to be short RY and long miners and gold..anyhow being down 20k on RY while being up 7 digits in miners has made it a great year...AND I still believe my short in RY will payoff in huge way soon.
Apr 8, 2006
329 posts
21 upvotes
FirstGear wrote:
spyder83 wrote:
P.b 3.09
P.s 23

That and its reserves... It's a rather more complex analysis.
Reserves are a part of net asset value