• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2020 8:28 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
given how much miners went up this year, I wouldn't be surprised if miners will correct alongside equities.
I'm guessing after FOMC annoucement, we could possibly have a market crash in the same week. I think the only thing that would go up is physical gold/silver prices.
Feb 23, 2004
371 posts
18 upvotes
bougie_44 wrote:
redflagdealboy1 wrote: Bought MUX.TO for $4.82
I think you did good at $4.8, it's on the rise, back up to $5 today and will probably keep rising.
I actually secretly average down and paid price is at $4.73. If it keeps going up tomorrow. I'm selling and going on vacation!
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1189 posts
863 upvotes
Added to FNV (us) Franco-Nevada.
A thousand here and a thousand there; pretty soon it's a real position ($ not # of shares).

No, I didn't ax anyone's permission, neither do I require anyone's approval.
It is what it is.

Please do not take action on anything I mention on RFD.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
375 posts
129 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
been long fr, sso, and paa since Nov and averaged down till mid Jan so laughing now...BUT, for those that missed the rally, I would still be cautious as we could test the 200 DMA in the HUI and GDX...so my advice would be to maybe buy up to 25% of position now and wait to see if the 200 DMA is breached...u could get some bargains.
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1004 upvotes
Saskatoon
No wonder gold silver performed so lovely

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-0 ... ing-shares

Switzerland and Norway Begin to Massively Accumulate Precious Metals Mining Shares
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2878 posts
795 upvotes
Holding on to my gold miner ETF little bit longer.. already in profit zone thanks to the FED but want the gold spot to hit 1400 and I am out.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1646 posts
290 upvotes
Anyone know what happened to miners today?
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1004 upvotes
Saskatoon
Tainger wrote: Anyone know what happened to miners today?
What do you mean ?
From what I see some went up others went down
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

Jul 11, 2015
288 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria, BC
ukrainiandude wrote:
What do you mean ?
and how about today?
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
375 posts
129 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
leflower wrote: been long fr, sso, and paa since Nov and averaged down till mid Jan so laughing now...BUT, for those that missed the rally, I would still be cautious as we could test the 200 DMA in the HUI and GDX...so my advice would be to maybe buy up to 25% of position now and wait to see if the 200 DMA is breached...u could get some bargains.
Just as I wrote here...GDX and HUI are moving in on the 200 DMA...I wrote to be patient as the opportunity should present itself.
Still to early to BUY as a trade IMO although if you are looking for longterm positions, its a good time to start buying and cost average down or up...Out of all my holdings ( I have taken some profits way higher ) I wold recommend SSO and PAA for their amazing balance sheets. SSO is much more exposed to gold than silver at about 75%.
As a trader, best to wait...I am waiting to see if GDX holds 22-22.50
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1004 upvotes
Saskatoon
jointedhornet wrote:
ukrainiandude wrote:
What do you mean ?
and how about today?
Still think gonna get cheaper.
Waiting for time around elections- December rate increase.

Jul 11, 2015
288 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria, BC
So i guess the next little bit is going to be pretty bear as far as gold markets go. I lost a bunch on HGU and am still holding it. I was thinking to just cut my losses and try to track them back on HGD. Any thoughts?
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Dec 19, 2010
778 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
i'm down overall about 20% of my investment on miners, however i plan on holding for the long term, whether it be 2, 4, 6 or even 10 years.
gold's been around for thousands of years, it's not going anywhere.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
375 posts
129 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
for what its worth I took 2 trading positions today with 10% stop losses. FR at 11.10 and SSO at 13.90. GDX has not challenged the 200 DMA so this is a risk trade...there is a possibility of more downside to say the least so stops are necessary.