Investing

Gold Thesis: Why Gold Will Rally Triple Digits In 6 Months.

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2022 6:04 am
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes

Gold Thesis: Why Gold Will Rally Triple Digits In 6 Months.

Gold is not a hedge against inflation.

Yes you heard it right here. Gold is not a hedge against inflation.

My belief is that gold is a hedge against stagnation and abuse of the system. If people lose faith in the system, they will flee to gold.

We are living in a time of euphoria. Massive gains. Longest bull market in the history of mankind. I truly believe that we are in the last innings of it. And this is also because Federal reserve cannot and will not inflate the economy any further. This is it. There will be no more injection of liquidity. Interest rate will not go to negative. This is the final inning before the cycle begins again.

Inflation will remain elevated and shortage of goods and products will remain elevated as well. People will panic once the realization that the things are not going back to normal. That door is quickly approaching.

Energy price is the last straw that will finally break the camels back. People will finally stop spending and start hoarding. The economy however remain inflated. People will not sell their property....because they can't.

Once everything is set and done, there will be a certainty in the economy. That economy will stagnate....it will not grow....it will remain inflated.

Then people will flee to gold as a flight to safety because there is nothing more certain than gold as an asset class that remains consistent against the stagnation.

Stock market will slowly stagnate Crypto market will collapse. Housing market will remain stagnant.

Gold Will be my only play for next 6 months. I will not buy anything but gold etf and mid-major gold mining companies.
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
269 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
EuRaFree wrote: Peter Schiff, is that you?
Peter Schiff is right but he is also wrong in that gold is a currency and store of value. It is a store of confidence and last haven of safety when everything else fails. That is why gold hasn't rallied. The economy is still processing the trillions of fake money via massive and insane speculation.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
just looked at SU, I believe you
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
smartie wrote: just looked at SU, I believe you
I picked the wrong stock but I always believed that macro economic conditions for oil and energy will inevitably rally. I now believe that gold is the next big play.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
2116 posts
2515 upvotes
I'm all in as of tomorrow.

Clarification please on one point.
Does "will rally triple digits" mean:
1/ will rally $100 to $999
2/ will rally 100% to 999%

thanks

ADDED:
I gave the thread a "like" for the sheer ludicrosity.
Last edited by IrwinW on Sep 27th, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
IrwinW wrote: I'm all in as of tomorrow.

Clarification please on one point.
Does "will rally triple digits" mean:
1/ will rally $100 to $999
2 will rally 100% to 999%

thanks
I don't care about the gains as much as proving my thesis and staking it with all my money lol.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
Out in the open, giving you the first downvote. You were humourous before, but in a sad way. Now it's becoming painful. And there's already a Gold miners thread, but whatever.
Last edited by MrMom on Sep 27th, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
MrMom wrote: Out in the open, giving you the first downvote. You were humourous before, but in a sad way. Now it's becoming painful. And there's already a Gold miners thread, but whatever.
On a positive side you won't have to read my tears anymore since I will be averaging down or up gold regardless of the volatility lol.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16792 posts
12574 upvotes
Markham
jenneth wrote: I picked the wrong stock but I always believed that macro economic conditions for oil and energy will inevitably rally. I now believe that gold is the next big play.
well, I wouldn't call SU a wrong pick, it is all about whether you bought at right price
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
2725 posts
2535 upvotes
smartie wrote:
well, I wouldn't call SU a wrong pick, it is all about whether you bought at right price
I bought in at $22 and kept averaging up and down heh. It underperformed the energy market insanely....
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2020
1300 posts
1424 upvotes
Van City
I see you lasted a long time with the uranium trade.

Best of luck to you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing is as important as we think it is while we are thinking about it
Oct 15, 2008
176 posts
187 upvotes
If you held something for 6 months… Surprised Pikachu
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
2116 posts
2515 upvotes
Agnico Eagle and Kirkland Lake Gold Announce Merger of Equals to Create Highest-Quality Senior Gold Producer

The Merger will create a best-in-class gold mining company operating in one of the world's leading gold regions, the Abitibi-Greenstone Belt of northeastern Ontario and northwestern Quebec (the "Abitibi"), with superior financial and operating metrics.
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/a ... 04928.html
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5885 posts
7465 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
@jenneth what is your hedge / back up plan if you are wrong?
Buy right, hold tight. Keep calm and go long.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
2116 posts
2515 upvotes
admiralackbar wrote: As an owner of both, it seems pretty lowball for KL share owners at first glance (they say merger but AE is buying KL). Not sure this will pass.
Yup, the long wick on yesterday's KL candle reveals a major pump and dump.
I may nibble a bit on KL when the dust settles.
No hurry and no conviction on my part at this time.

https://stockcharts.com/freecharts/cand ... A12,26,9|0