Expired Hot Deals

[Golf Town] Cobra Speedzone Drivers $450

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2020 5:28 pm
Jul 26, 2016
17 posts
3 upvotes
RCGA wrote: I'm still using a TM 580 with a Grafalloy Blue.

No BS, would I see an improvement buying something like this?
I'm an ~8 handicap. Upgraded from a TM R540 to a Ping G20 this year, which is still about 8 years old. The difference was pretty massive honestly, my mishits now go as far as my pure drives with the 540. Honestly I think just the upgrade to a modern 460cc driver is a worthwhile improvement, the forgiveness, ball flight, and distance have all improved.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6000 posts
1892 upvotes
Thornhill
stealth wrote: The free fittings at Golftown are the key IMO.
brought my old RBZ driver with me last year and tried 3-4 new clubs on the simulator..M5, F8 etc and most I hit worse than my RBZ or not enough better to justify an upgrade. They were honest about it, advised me to put a stiffer shaft on my club, turn down the loft, and stick with it. I ended up trading it in at a trade in event, and buying the new (then) RBZ Black with the right shaft (ended up cheaper and of course all new).

was really impressed with the experience, became a lot more loyal to them as the result.

if youre consistently hitting 280-290, youre doing something right :)
Definitely, I've refitted it over the years with a custom made grip and shaft. All of that changes as you progress so it's good to know your swing to pick the correct one. This is why it is better to play with an old $20 driver that is fitted for you than a $600 driver you just randomly purchased.
I often use voice typing and rarely read what I had typed...
Aug 7, 2012
14 posts
13 upvotes
ST CATHARINES
They have the Cobra F8S on clearance for 249, I was planning on waiting for the winter months to buy a new driver, but am I likely to see anything newer than the F8 on sale for around 250? Thinking of pulling the trigger
Apr 22, 2004
166 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
I’ve picked up the Cobra F9 Speedback driver for $350 from Cobragolf.ca in late August with a 10% coupon for a final price of $315 before taxes. It included expedited shipping and got the driver in 2 days shipped from Mississauga to Vancouver. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes The Speedzone driver is showing the same price on Cobragolf.ca as Golftown. Many online reviewers mentioned the F9 (last year) vs Speedzone (this year) performed the same. I called Cobra Golf Canada support and mentioned that I am a long time Taylormade customer and thinking about switching to Cobra so asked if they have any promos so they gave me a 10% promo code over the phone. Golftown does offer club fitting, but it might be cheaper going through Cobra direct if you know what you want.

Switched from TM M3 to the F9 driver and 3W. The F9 driver has a milled face so it is feels great and longer drives for me.